POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Short drop outs are the way to go against Penrith, taking the risk to getting the ball back is more important then having them be at your line within 3 tackles anyway, don't try something and they will Suffocate you as much as possible, it didn't work for us this game but overall it's the correct choice.

Yeah shit weekend for sport in Brissy. 0 from 2 in Grand Finals. Sadge.

Short drop outs are the way to go against Penrith, taking the risk to getting the ball back is more important then having them be at your line within 3 tackles anyway, don't try something and they will Suffocate you as much as possible, it didn't work for us this game but overall it's the correct choice.

Seemed too windy to be trying such a risky play, especially as early as we did.

Seemed too windy to be trying such a risky play, especially as early as we did.
It wasn't really windy until the last 30 mins or so it felt like, stadium was hot as **** though felt 10 degrees hotter inside than outside.

I'm sorry I can't share everyone's optimism. We will not get another chance for 10+ years. We had it won but they didn't believe, this will be 2015 revisited scarring wise. Pea hearts

Still can't believe it. Hasn't even sunk in properly yet. So many mistakes, decisions and bad calls in that final 20 mins lead to this. You can pinpoint each time it happened too. Going to take a break from all rugby related media I think. This one hurts alot.

I can't remember if it happened being at the ground, but I didn't see Haas or Carrigan come off all game did they play the full 80?

I can't remember if it happened being at the ground, but I didn't see Haas or Carrigan come off all game did they play the full 80?

Nah they were rotated. They weren't off at the same time though I don't think.

We are far from done..

Most ppl said we would need to be perfect to be in with a chance,
We were anything but that..
11-1 errors
Completing at near 50% in the first 30 minutes..

Despite all that we got out to a 18 point lead... against what's now being called the greatest team of the modern era..

Herbie n flegler are decent losses but they are far from irreplaceable,
The core group walsh carrigan hass staggs cobbo riki mamm are all still all improving in leaps n bounds..

Reynolds didn't have his greatest game but overall he still looks like he will easily be a top 5 HB next year..

This isn't a team about to plateau its a side that's just getting started.

This time next year we will be at a lvl we'll above what we showed tonight.

Good season. Hard loss to take but we move on.

Just so sick of being close and unable to cross the line.
08 we drop it over the line and Melbourne score with no time left, 11 Locky breaks his eye socket ( thanks Gerard) when we were a great chance then 09 beaten by a Storm system cheating the cap 15 **** 23 ****.

haas definitely came off before half time and stayed off for like 10 minutes after half time

This actually hurts more than 2015 for me.

The absolute joy of that Mam Hattrick and going up 24-8 but then losing it with 4mins to go is an absolute heartbreaker. Holy hell. We had it.

We had IT!

And then we didn't.

Patty played 71, Payne i think played around 65 mins. Payne did get the half time break on top of that which helps a fair bit.

I'm sorry I can't share everyone's optimism. We will not get another chance for 10+ years. We had it won but they didn't believe, this will be 2015 revisited scarring wise. Pea hearts
You're giving up on your team when they nearly upset the best club side since the 80s and the players are the pea hearts????

Agree. There is no risk at all going for a short drop out up 4. Aim of the game is to get the ball back and he was close tbf. That's the play everytime.
I disagree. Mix them up. If you have to do short drop outs use them sparingly. Cost us a penalty and a try tonight.

I'm gonna disagree. Broncos success rate from them has generally been really good, so much so that I think it's worth making a first tackle in your 10 rather than your 30 if it doesn't work.
It just....really went wrong today, but it went wrong for a long distance one too. Reynolds wad just off.
I don't mind it occasionally as a surprise tactic, but there is a time and place for it. The first time we did it, I probably wouldn't have gone short, but I was ok with it because the execution of the kick was good and the score was nil all. What happened after that was the stupid part.

However, the second one where it went out on full was not needed in my opinion. It was a high pressure moment in the match and we were doing a lot of work on our own try line. It was a gift 2 points which extended them from 6 to 8 points. In the end those 2 points were the difference, as was the the gift try from the first short drop out.

To some of the posts that are being made whilst understandably highly emotive.

Don’t eat your own - you won’t be able to fully embrace it when these guys do win the trophy.

We’ll see success from this loss, they will have learned so much from this loss that will benefit us for years to come.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • jarro65
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.