POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

To some of the posts that are being made whilst understandably highly emotive.

Don’t eat your own - you won’t be able to fully embrace it when these guys do win the trophy.

We’ll see success from this loss, they will have learned so much from this loss that will benefit us for years to come.
agreed, it's the qld way. don't eat your own

I disagree. Mix them up. If you have to do short drop outs use them sparingly. Cost us a penalty and a try tonight.
To be fair Rikii was uncontested and should have just caught the ball.
Also how do we go the short drop out and not have anyone behind for the batt back.
Walsh was under the sticks and never moved, like he didn't know it was on.
Mitch Kenny positioned himself on the off chance he would get a crumb and we had nobody.

We’re done.

That’s it, look for another 10 year stretch.

Screen shot this.

Even if we win it next year, this still wouldn't be the worst prediction made this year.

Had a few montages planned after this game. Mainly Walsh and one of the season we've had similar to the one I did in '15.

Not sure I can put in the effort to make them anymore after tonight,.

Hopefully next year Walters will really crack down on getting all these mistakes out of our game and we can become a ruthless side that will crush the competition and win it all in 2024 and beyond.
I think that will naturally happen, and it will largely be player led. With maturity and experience, we will become more clinical on both sides of the ball for the full 80 minutes. This team is full of kids who are still a few years away from really being established nrl players. We have a scary team on our hands, and we are not even close to being at our best. We are learning on the job, and this team will learn from their mistakes and will get better.

To be fair Rikii was uncontested and should have just caught the ball.
Also how do we go the short drop out and not have anyone behind for the batt back.
Walsh was under the sticks and never moved, like he didn't know it was on.
Mitch Kenny positioned himself on the off chance he would get a crumb and we had nobody.
My thoughts are that short drop outs are a low percentage play. Defending your line really takes gas out of the tank where as a long drop out only gives the opposition 2-3 tackles on your line not a complete set. Getting the kicks wrong is a gift 2 points for the opposition. I'm not saying don't use them but mixing them up makes you less predictable.

I'm sorry I can't share everyone's optimism. We will not get another chance for 10+ years. We had it won but they didn't believe, this will be 2015 revisited scarring wise. Pea hearts

I disagree. I’m heartbroken and May cry myself to bed later on lol but I think this team has huge potential. You have to remember Penrith lost a GF then won the next year so just because you’ve lost a GF doesn’t mean you won’t ever get the chance again. These boys are young and hungry and will want to make sure they get the job done next time. It will be difficult but I believe in them. This team is insane and they are The strongest team besides Penrith.

I think what hurts the most about this year is we had everything go our way, very few injuries, plenty of weeks off at the end of the regular season and two home finals with a break in between.

Everything was going our way and it feels very much like a hugely missed opportunity.

THIS is exactly right. GF's don't happen every season and when we get the opportunity to play in one, you just have to nail it. We have let slip the previous 2 GF's.

Imagine being the guy who scored a hat-trick in a GF and lost.

What should've been one of the great grand final moments ruined

Milford's career went on a downward spiral after the 2015 GF, he was easily the best player on the ground that night.

Hopefully Ezra's goes the other way.

Did Ezra miss a game this year? Looked busted some games but never quit. to score three tries in a grand final though… is this his arrival to the elite?

I believe so, yes. He is a classic instinctual "play what's in front of you" number 6. Knows how to find a line break out of nothing and has crazy pace when he does. The rest of the team let him down tonight.

Every time I close my eyes I see Cleary cutting back inside and going over to score. I can’t sleep, the last 20 minutes of the game are on loop in my head. This feeling is torture and I can’t make it stop

Active Now

• Nerd
  • bazza
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • BroncosMan
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Morepudding
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.