POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

I can’t read all of these posts. Like a few others I think I might need a short break from RL talk for a little while.

We all said we’d be happy with a finals start, or a top four, or not to be bailed out on week 1 at the start of the season.

When things are going well and we’re winning we start to believe. Then we narrow our focus and only look at winning everything as the only option.

We far exceeded everybody except Santa Santa expectations this year and should be extremely proud of the turnaround of the last couple of years and how far we’ve come.

We’ve got a building footy side that’s capable of doing what Penrith have done, remember they lost it a few years ago. - let’s hope Cleary was right about the losing one to win one.

It's hard reading some of the dribblers on here ripping into to our own team after such a game.

We win as a team and we unfortunately lose as a team.

The boys can be proud of their efforts this year. And the ones who talk about us chocking can **** right off at the high port. You obviously know nothing about the fatigue factors that compound an already battered and bruised body.

Our boys ran out of steam because they made so many errors and had to defend for their lives in the first half.

To come on here and say our boys chocked is pretty disgraceful and not becoming of a real Broncos supporter. As the Fat man would say "give yourself an uppercut".

This team will come back bigger and better next year. Kevvie and his coaching staff have been building and as yet, have admitted their boys are still not the finished product. That experience was invaluable for our learning curve.

I for one will be backing our boys to go one better next year, and I sincerely hope we get the riff in the final too.

For me it was a brilliant season and those magical 20 minutes by our boys spearheaded by some sheer exhilaration by Ezra (although not enough) was more than I expected of our boys this year.

Deep down I knew we had only earned a crack at the Riff this year. And let's be honest we did have a red hot crack. Next year will be a different story.

Congratulations Broncos on giving us all such a great game and a wonderful season. Haven't been on this site for a while due to the passing of my dear old Mum, but the joy of winning throughout the season has been such a joy to watch. Yes, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and we made Nathan Cleary look like a fucking genius, but I saw it coming and it panned out exactly as I thought it would. Beaten at the death, but I thought it would be a late try in the corner. You see The Kevolution is a slow build back to being a formidable football team again with the skills and belief and we showed it in spades this year, so great credit and thanks must be given to Kevie, Lee Briers and john Cartwright. I have to remind myself we are a very young side, and Kevie an Co has developed it over a short time to be able to beat every team in the comp. Penrith are the benchmark, and it was purely inexperience and I think poor game management at times that let us down last night but what an excitement machine we've become. Ezra, you deserve a ring alone for the hat trick. We are now ready to finesse our game going forward, and I'm excited to see what awaits us, because we are in good hands, and win or lose you shit***** are, and always will be my team. I've learnt that sometimes in life you have to lose to win, it builds resilience so I'm not dejected today I'm actually proud of all you boys and all the Bronxnation I'm sure, will be as well. Let's Go Broncos.

To come on here and say our boys chocked is pretty disgraceful and not becoming of a real Broncos supporter. As the Fat man would say "give yourself an uppercut".

I challenge this wholeheartedly. I am a real Broncos fan, a very big real Broncos fan. You can see how I put that into action quite clearly here on this website.

If your football team, in a grand final can be winning by 16 points, and lose it in the last 15 minutes. You choked. Why find another word for it. The team, as a unit, choked, and it's something they need to learn from.

It's hard reading some of the dribblers on here ripping into to our own team after such a game.

We win as a team and we unfortunately lose as a team.

The boys can be proud of their efforts this year. And the ones who talk about us chocking can **** right off at the high port. You obviously know nothing about the fatigue factors that compound an already battered and bruised body.

Our boys ran out of steam because they made so many errors and had to defend for their lives in the first half.

This team will come back bigger and better next year. Kevvie and his coaching staff have been building and as yet, have admitted their boys are still not the finished product. That experience was invaluable for our learning curve.

I for one will be backing our boys to go one better next year, and I sincerely hope we get the riff in the final too.

For me it was a brilliant season and those magical 20 minutes by our boys spearheaded by some sheer exhilaration by Ezra (although not enough) was more than I expected of our boys this year.

Deep down I knew we had only earned a crack at the Riff this year. And let's be honest we did have a red hot crack. Next year will be a different story.
100%!!!! I think this is a learning curve for them. This was a first final for most of these boys and I’m so proud of them!! If we’re heartbroken, then imagine how they feel. I’m confident that they’ll learn from this and get a ring next year.

I challenge this wholeheartedly. I am a real Broncos fan, a very big real Broncos fan. You can see how I put that into action quite clearly here on this website.

If your football team, in a grand final can be winning by 16 points, and lose it in the last 15 minutes. You choked. Why find another word for it. The team, as a unit, choked, and it's something they need to learn from.
To label our boys as such after such a great season is lunacy mate. Have a word with yourself.

To label our boys as such after such a great season is lunacy mate. Have a word with yourself.

After the season we had, that's the very reason I am calling it. When you're up 24-8, and you lose. You choked. Literally what it means, I'm not sure what you're reading into it, it's not some heavily emotional word. They choked.

What would you call it?

Bastard of a nights sleep!
Penrith aren't the champions for no reason and we went within a whisker of being just that.
Bugger all between these 2 teams and I suspect next year will eliminate the disappointment of this year.
Thanks for the tremendous entertainment this year Broncs.
For me, in a couple of days the highs will outnumber the low of last night.

I disagree with the idea that we choked.

In the end, penrith had to actively win that game and did so on the back of what was one of the greatest 20 minutes from a player in a grand final that we will likely ever see.

I’m so proud of us and looking back, the tears I shed at the 60 minute mark when I thought we were on the path to glory is what I want again so bad. When we get there (hopefully sooner rather than later) all this pain will make the joy so much greater.

I love the BHQ community, so good to have an outlet to talk through this together.

Bastard of a nights sleep!
Penrith aren't the champions for no reason and we went within a whisker of being just that.
Bugger all between these 2 teams and I suspect next year will eliminate the disappointment of this year.
Thanks for the tremendous entertainment this year Broncs.
For me, in a couple of days the highs will outnumber the low of last night.
It’s almost as though Luai coming off helped them in the end. It activated Nathan Cleary to ultra instinct mode. Everything went to him and we didn’t stop it.

Reyno was shitting bricks before the game. He was the most visibly nervous I’ve seen a senior player interviewed pre match. I messaged a few people really concerned by his demeanour- right from that video of him kissing his family goodbye.
Yup, that’s definitely something for DD to help him out when the group come up here for season opener. I’m sure Rams have top notch facilities, psychology support staff & everything that makes the individual to perform at peak. Not that there aren’t any capable but just that it gives not just Adam but for our whole squad to watch & learn what’s on the other side.

Would be good if the team come here right after Australia Day and spend good amount of time horning those skills from the Rams.

In the end, penrith had to actively win that game and did so on the back of what was one of the greatest 20 minutes from a player in a grand final that we will likely ever see.

He did that because we gave him the opportunity.

We choked. We had the game won, we lost. We choked. It's as simple as that.

I’m so proud of us and looking back, the tears I shed at the 60 minute mark when I thought we were on the path to glory is what I want again so bad. When we get there (hopefully sooner rather than later) all this pain will make the joy so much greater.

I love the BHQ community, so good to have an outlet to talk through this together.
I don't feel that we choked either. We held firm while being belted the entire first half. We had 20mins of magic, and that roaring wind behind Penrith came at the perfect time for Cleary and Crichton to stand up and we had absolutely nothing in the tank from all that defending.

Scoreline represents a huge choke, but how it all unfolded kinda says otherwise. Anyway, all depends on how we come back from this. I have faith, this squad is like a family.

After the season we had, that's the very reason I am calling it. When you're up 24-8, and you lose. You choked. Literally what it means, I'm not sure what you're reading into it, it's not some heavily emotional word. They choked.

What would you call it?
100% with you here there is no two ways about it we choked. We lost the un-losable in my opinion. The fat lady was warming up her vocal cords and just as she was about to sing BAM it’s all over. That’s a choke. Doesn’t make you, me or any one else realistic enough to realise that’s what happened any less of a fan just cause old mate can’t handle the loss for what it was. For sure outstanding season and I wouldn’t even call this beating down on the boys that much cause I think if you were to ask the majority of them what they would call it they would say we CHOKED.

It’s almost as though Luai coming off helped them in the end. It activated Nathan Cleary to ultra instinct mode. Everything went to him and we didn’t stop it.

I genuinely wonder they would be better served letting Luai go. To be honest, he is basically their only player that gives genuine reasons to hate them and is just so average. He is made to look so much better by the system around him. Nathan Cleary himself said that Cogger coming on unlocked him and it is clear as day that is true. Is Luai even a top 5 six in the game? I mean, if you are going to fork out what he is asking, you'd want to be sure he is.

That 20 minutes from Cleary was sensational and if Luai was still out there, they lose that game, I'm sure of it.

What would you call it?
Choked is a visceral, derogatory term and probably (in my book) one of the, if not the, biggest slur you can hurl at a footy player. They simply ran out of steam mate. They were goosed, they had gone well and truly beyond empty to get to that stage and the Riff (through Cleary) were able to claw their way back.

None of our boys. let alone our team chocked.

I genuinely wonder they would be better served letting Luai go. To be honest, he is basically their only player that gives genuine reasons to hate them and is just so average. He is made to look so much better by the system around him. Nathan Cleary himself said that Cogger coming on unlocked him and it is clear as day that is true. Is Luai even a top 5 six in the game? I mean, if you are going to fork out what he is asking, you'd want to be sure he is.

That 20 minutes from Cleary was sensational and if Luai was still out there, they lose that game, I'm sure of it.

They absolutely would be. This year has shown him for what he is. An overrated hack that's only talked about because he's a shit rag. It's the only true skill he has, being a ****.

Cleary showed last night that it's him making it all work, and those around him are there for the ride.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.