2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Just a quick shout out to David Fifita (still burning in my guts about his defection down the M1 but credit where it's due) for his decision to flip-the-bird at the Chooks and continue his contract with the Titans. Sick of the Roosters cherry-picking their way through club rosters with one hand and waving their, seemingly bottomless, war chest with the other.
Well !! ... this all went south very quickly and it was pure joy watching the "great minds" round the NRL360 table ranting and raving about Fifita "taking the p**s" and treating the great Nick Politis with "disdain" then going on to refer to him as "Uncle Nick" ... disdainful much. Kudos to Des Hasler for an amazing 11th hour Hail Mary when even Fifita's management wanted him at the chooks (forgive my cynicism but I think that may have the teensiest bit to do with their cut of deal) .. pure theatre all of it and I can't help liking Des H.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Well !! ... this all went south very quickly and it was pure joy watching the "great minds" round the NRL360 table ranting and raving about Fifita "taking the p**s" and treating the great Nick Politis with "disdain" then going on to refer to him as "Uncle Nick" ... disdainful much. Kudos to Des Hasler for an amazing 11th hour Hail Mary when even Fifita's management wanted him at the chooks (forgive my cynicism but I think that may have the teensiest bit to do with their cut of deal) .. pure theatre all of it and I can't help liking Des H.
Fifita has a massive credibility problem. He is a man child. Lucky that breathing is autonomous.

If the Rooster's tried to court an intellectually challenged sell sword, who has major mummy issues, Uncle Nick isn't as savvy as they say.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
I don't know how this situation could have occurred as although I am by no means an expert on player/manager arrangements it is my understanding that when players are paid (usually monthly) the money actually goes to their manager first and then he deducts his commission and forwards the remainder to the player.
Don't know why this wouldn't have happened with an experienced manager like moses.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't know how this situation could have occurred as although I am by no means an expert on player/manager arrangements it is my understanding that when players are paid (usually monthly) the money actually goes to their manager first and then he deducts his commission and forwards the remainder to the player.
Don't know why this wouldn't have happened with an experienced manager like moses.

I thought the same too. But, as a manager, I believe they take a cut of ALL earnings, whether secured by the manager or not. So he probably organised something off his own bat and bypassed the manager, and now the manager wants his cut. I say this, of course, without having read the article.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Here's my solution to the ref calling held and player dragged into touch problem. If the referee calls held while the players are in the process of tackling a player into touch, you just take it back to where the ref called held, like we do with passes that occur around the same time held is called. The ref can still give a penalty if they deem it deliberate.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Here's my solution to the ref calling held and player dragged into touch problem. If the referee calls held while the players are in the process of tackling a player into touch, you just take it back to where the ref called held, like we do with passes that occur around the same time held is called. The ref can still give a penalty if they deem it deliberate.

That's far too sensible for this administration to implement.

Do you know how much that would slow down the game?!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I seriously need a 101 on that touchie.

NRL Throwback recently uploaded this...

There has to be a story behind this bloke. Even Fletch and Hindy would think it's all a bit much.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I seriously need a 101 on that touchie.

NRL Throwback recently uploaded this...

There has to be a story behind this bloke. Even Fletch and Hindy would think it's all a bit much.

I get the impression that the hit was quite serious.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Brad Arthur - GONE!

Maybe they'll make a late play for Bennett.

could get interesting with Bennett's "look what happened with Fifita" comment.

I wonder if Bennett was stringing this out just a bit to see if Parra entered the race

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Brad Arthur - GONE!

They say they've stalled, goal is to win premierships - so they give the interim role to Trent Barrett haha
It’s the right call. The interim coach is garbage though. The Eels will get Bennett I reckon. They’ve got a much more attractive squad than the Bunnies

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Maybe they'll make a late play for Bennett.

could get interesting with Bennett's "look what happened with Fifita" comment.

I wonder if Bennett was stringing this out just a bit to see if Parra entered the race

Oh I reckon this has Bennett written all over it.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
My gut feeling is Benny wants a crack at the Eels as they are an iconic Sydney side (when the Eels are going well, rugby league is going well). If he does a last minute switch, they have the cattle to make a GF next year without much tinkering at all.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Never been able to stand Parra but I would like Wayne to go there.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.