2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

It is enforced though. Brisbane had an issue with the Dolphins trying to nab Mariner so they reported it, and the Dolphins were found to be in the wrong and punished. The Panthers don't have any issue here and he seems to be going with their blessing so I don't see a problem or why it needs to be a lengthy process.
And the punishment to Dolphins was weak as ****... whereas the risk of upsetting a player manager and potentially losing out on players probably has clubs thinking "what's the fucking point in reporting it"... and instead decide to look at how they can game the system as well.

NRL is all about cheaters winning... whoever cheats the most wins premierships.

There's no benefit in trying to play fair and by the rules (on the field or off it) in this competition.

I think Kent is making a fair point and it isn't to do with missing out on writing stories. I mean there is no way that this happened this quick with no talking beforehand. I am sure this happens all the time but the point is why have this rule when it is never enforced?
Why couldn't it had happened this quick? There is only one club in NZ so therefor only one team to negotiate with and the warriors would have had the cash just sitting there from releasing AFB and would have jumped as soon as JFH approached them. From all reports JFH requested the release from the panthers on compassionate grounds and knowing the panthers if they felt something was wrong they would be ringing the NRL immediately to cry foul like they always do.

The biggest concern here is. Who are the Panthers going to buy given they now have a gazillion $ free in their cap for 2025...

The biggest concern here is. Who are the Panthers going to buy given they now have a gazillion $ free in their cap for 2025...

Surely they can't afford anyone significant, should just mean they can retain more of their current team.

Yeah but their current team is already mostly locked and loaded, getting paid bugger all. Apart from Cleary I guess.

I mean, we have 1 good year out of 10 and we have to shed 4 of our starting 17. Penrith have won three out of 4 grand finals and never lost more than 2 (maybe three) players per season...

I think Penrith will buy a prop, but looking at the off contract list there is no good Props on offer, the Best Middle I can see off contract is Ray Stone but Idk if it would be ideal to move him to Prop.

Panthers playing / soon to leave at other clubs:

1. Crichton (Bulldogs)
2. Staines (Tigers)
3. Naden (Tigers)
4. Burton (Bulldogs)
5. Jenkins (Knights)
6. Luai (Tigers)
7. Katoa (Dolphins)
8. Fisher-Harris (Warriors)
9. Koraisau (Tigers)
10. Leniu (Roosters)
11. Capewell (Warriors)
12. Kikau (Bulldogs)
13. Hopgood (Eels)

14. Salmon (Bulldogs)
15. Momirovski (ESL)
16. May (ESL)
17. Cogger (Knights)

Some massive talent that they've shed in the GF years alone. If you go back to 2019, there's even more amazing talent.

Light on a bit for props though which is interesting given all eyes are on how they replace JFH.

I think Penrith will buy a prop, but looking at the off contract list there is no good Props on offer, the Best Middle I can see off contract is Ray Stone but Idk if it would be ideal to move him to Prop.

Utoikamanu has a clause he can leave at the end of this year if the Tigers don't make the eight as long as he doesn't play another two origins.

Utoikamanu has a clause he can leave at the end of this year if the Tigers don't make the eight as long as he doesn't play another two origins.
That seems like an easy choice then.

Reports they are looking at Utoikamanu. But off contract there is Lodge and Brown

Reports they are looking at Utoikamanu. But off contract there is Lodge and Brown
I said Good forwards lol, Utoikamanu seems like an easy decision and they would easily have the cap space for him.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.