2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

****. That means he might come sniffing for crumbs in Red Hill.
**** OFF TPJ!
We’re closed.
Go somewhere else with your empty, mercenary promises of reformed glory.

I think its probably Melbourne trying to get him on a very cheap contract if he does go there.

firstly, I'm sorry but former "Broncos star" he has played with two clubs after he last played with us.

secondly, TPJ was awfully kind to give his opponent his first professional win

and finally, this following quote is going to make hard to find any NRL suitors:

TPJ said:
“I’m not going to quit boxing (forever), hopefully I can get a rematch with Kenny and prepare a bit better.”

TPJ followed it up with:

“This isn’t the end for me, I will go back to footy and see what happens.”

That comment about preparing a bit better is exactly why we need to stay away from him. Anyone who wants him back here needs their heads looking at. He's lazy and doesnt do enough of the little things in any sport.

That comment about preparing a bit better is exactly why we need to stay away from him. Anyone who wants him back here needs their heads looking at. He's lazy and doesnt do enough of the little things in any sport.
Spot on @Wolfie. I read that and thought the same thing. What a clown.
You had ONE job. This was the thing you left for… you left the sport your parents “made you” play…
If I am a professional footy player, I would want the other 12 blokes on the field to do the 1%ers. I would want to know they’re not going to dog me when the going gets tough.

He's a farking glory seeker, he thinks he can just rock up at the business end of the season at one of the premiership contenders after the the hard work throughout the season has been done. He pockets himself a quick $250k for a few games in the finals and then takes home a premiership ring without earning it.

He is farking toxic, we don't need him around the club.

Maybe the titans should invest in jrs or signing a stronger squad of lesser known names who can get the job done instead of throwing 1.2mil at a rookie 2rf to get one over on big brother.

EDIT: that's not to say that the rorters are in the right. If the NRL gave cap incentives for jr development then the rorters would be forced to invest heavily in their pathways which would help grow the game.

This guy has some funny turns of phrase. I laughed out loud at this.

Unless these pleb sides are willing to concede a raft of dangerous contract clauses and 130% of their annual turnover, they are destined to live forever off hand-me-downs and various dalliances with Kyle Flanagan.

The latest player rumour is the Strom being desperate to get big Tino back to the club. It is actually laughable considering he can't be enticed until 2026 and he did sign a 10 year contract.

He won't sit behind him anyway... They need two starting edges... if Crichton gets benched it's because they've picked Nat Butcher over him for some reason.

Butcher can play off the bench as a middle or edge so I don't think there's really anything in the claims that Fifita coming in means Angus doesn't have a spot in the starting side.

He won't sit behind him anyway... They need two starting edges... if Crichton gets benched it's because they've picked Nat Butcher over him for some reason.

Butcher can play off the bench as a middle or edge so I don't think there's really anything in the claims that Fifita coming in means Angus doesn't have a spot in the starting side.
Seems strange that they wouldn’t at least have a conversation with him about it though.

I hear Angus has a round of golf booked in with Uncle Nick next week, I’m sure they will resolve any issues then.

He plays left side .
Dave`s prefered side ?

He plays left side .
Dave`s prefered side ?
He can play both sides... he's been playing left because Tupouniua was right side dominant and Crichton has flexibility to go both sides. Pretty sure Crichton played his whole Bunnies career on the right edge.

Dave also came through the grades as a right side second rower... and dominates over there due to his right arm offload.

He was mostly playing right for Broncos because Glenn was left side dominant... but he got shifted to the left for a period, probably when Glenn got injured, and had some success.

The next year when he went to the titans he started on the right edge (Beau Fermor has been left side 2nd rower up until this year), but their attack was useless and couldn't really get him the ball so they moved him to the left and he had some success... probably when Beau did his ACL.

He then started left side last year and had Foran feeding him the ball.

I think his game is best suited to the right edge with his right arm carry, step, offloading, etc. and I could see Robbo shifting him to that side.

Either way both of them can play both sides so there isnt an issue with playing them both in the starting side

He can play both sides... he's been playing left because Tupouniua was right side dominant and Crichton has flexibility to go both sides. Pretty sure Crichton played his whole Bunnies career on the right edge.

Dave also came through the grades as a right side second rower... and dominates over there due to his right arm offload.

He was mostly playing right for Broncos because Glenn was left side dominant... but he got shifted to the left for a period, probably when Glenn got injured, and had some success.

The next year when he went to the titans he started on the right edge (Beau Fermor has been left side 2nd rower up until this year), but their attack was useless and couldn't really get him the ball so they moved him to the left and he had some success... probably when Beau did his ACL.

He then started left side last year and had Foran feeding him the ball.

I think his game is best suited to the right edge with his right arm carry, step, offloading, etc. and I could see Robbo shifting him to that side.

Either way both of them can play both sides so there isnt an issue with playing them both in the starting side

Good insights re Dave .
But I read an interview with Crichton where he said I play on the left and so does Dave . And was perplexed the club hadn`t told him David was Bondi bound .
So you can see where I was coming from . They apparently have some young gun back rowers on their books as well according to Gus .

Active Now

• Allo
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.