2024 Pacific Championship

Hammer is one of my favourite non-Broncos though, reminds me of Hodges.

Surprisingly close game even if it's quite boring play, you would expect Australia to kick on in the second but surprisingly they have been the ones doing all the defending, but unless Tonga somehow find some attack spark I don't think they look capable of capitalising on any of that.

Surely even someone like Staggs is a better option than either of those two guys. I’m not advocating for him being there more so that having both those guy us on the bench is stupid.
I think Staggs pulled out due to injury

No idea how Burton gets a spot over Hunt or Watson though... both can cover hooker and play some lock ... if Harry goes off for even a HIA what would be the plan.

Burton can only cover halves and centre... and Bhunt and Watson can both cover halves if needed.

Surprisingly close game even if it's quite boring play, you would expect Australia to kick on in the second but surprisingly they have been the ones doing all the defending, but unless Tonga somehow find some attack spark I don't think they look capable of capitalising on any of that.
Been very basic attack from Australia so far... inside the 20m they're just going block play to settler to block play.

Not too much intensity in the game and looking more like Aust out there for a training run... rightly so probably... they would be fucked given the footy calendar nowadays.

It's been a little bit disappointing half of footy by our Aussies but their defence has been amazing to make up for it.

It's an interesting spine for Aust... it's mostly just safe players.

- Edwards fits into the panthers system, but he's not an x factor type player and not a noted ball player at fullback
- Dearden is all effort, but will probably sit on his edge and play it largely safe... show and go will be on the cards at some point tonight
- Moses likes his short sides and has a massive boot, but he can fall into just being a game manager... needs a quick ptb to get something going

Harry is the most likely to get explosive plays out there, but needs a quick ptb and I don't know if I've seen one yet... It's been Patty and Yeo as pretty much the only ones giving him close to anything quick to run from.

Me either, but we do have Murray, Carrigan and Cotter who all play plenty of lock. I just dont know how we move the pieces around to make it work.
It also depends how Mal wants to play it... in a rep match Murray is potentially the easiest option.

His stock standard is quick ptb's to get a roll through the middle... that can bring the entire team into it.

For Yeo or Patty you want to use them as ball players, but that's not all that easy to set up and pull off in a rep squad. Yeo is a legit threat through the middle in the panthers system, but just playing link man tonight.

All of them are playing like they’re wanting to avoid injury. Except Collins. He got destroyed 🙃

This Aus side have been absolute trash but somehow they are leading.

Says a bit about this Tonga side.

Jeez if he gets even a half decent pass then he's nailed that 40/20

Hammer just does it on his own... completely owned Alamotti there.

Felt he should've done that in the first half when he dumped it off to Coates to get taken out

**** he was quick there... got a good fend on Alamoti and it was over from there

Hammer just does it on his own... completely owned Alamotti there.

Felt he should've done that in the first half when he dumped it off to Coates to get taken out

Hammer's balance is amazing, that's what reminds me of Hodges but he's got a GI type fend too. He should play centre at club level too. I know Fuller is injured most of next year but I reckon if the Dolphins went:

1. Fuller
2. Bostock
3. Herbie
4. Hammer
5. Isaako

Their backline would be one of the best in the comp.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • theshed
  • DrGee
  • Fitzy
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • Accept
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.