Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Hunt's defence was better today, can't get much worse than against Hunters. Middle is a bit less thinking than an edge.

Attack was non-existent.

Pahulu was outstanding today for Ipswich, see if Des uses him to replace Tino.

Wynnum go 22-12 with 4 to go over Redcliffe.

Been an ugly wet game, little to write home about for the Broncos contingent.
What did you think about Paix today? I feel like none of our hookers had a decent outing this weekend

Trew failed his HIA and didn't come back after four minutes.

Thought Rogers' form had been a bit average settling back in at Bears but Saturday night he was full of running and smarts. From the first set when he ran on the blind to score he just looked on and he killed them from there.

You're not going to lose too many games if your 6 is turning up like this.

14 points
1 try
19 runs
145m
1 line break
3 line break assists
2 try assists
five tackle breaks
14 tackles
2 missed

Hardly kicked at all just let Hamiliton did it and he just attacked.

What did you think about Paix today? I feel like none of our hookers had a decent outing this weekend
I thought he started well. Often the stats guys are very generous when it comes to dummy half try assists but I'd pay the work he did for Page-Wilson. Spreads the defence on the play early with a nice long pass before the Seagulls go back through the middle. Seagulls load up with the same shape but Paix does well to hold up the pass and open the gap for Page-Wilson.

Otherwise what stands out to me is that he should have had a second, but he got the timing wrong with Martin. Then in the second half Wynnum had three small mobile forwards on the field and Watts was able to go through the middle to lock the scores up. Then at the death he throws his worst pass of the afternoon when the Seagulls were attempting to put it to bed.

Not to say he was horrible. 78 minutes, topped the tackle count and his service was generally good but if I was putting together a highlights package I'd struggle.

I can't stress how ugly the game was. 28 errors and 29 penalties total, even the tries the Dolphins scored were off-putting - it's difficult to get out of dummy half when there's zero momentum in the game.

Unless you're Connor Broadhurst.

Weekend off this week but unfortunately Souths have the bye on the 7th so don't play again until 13th.

Three weeks off isn't ideal for Souths or Broncos.

I thought he started well. Often the stats guys are very generous when it comes to dummy half try assists but I'd pay the work he did for Page-Wilson. Spreads the defence on the play early with a nice long pass before the Seagulls go back through the middle. Seagulls load up with the same shape but Paix does well to hold up the pass and open the gap for Page-Wilson.

Otherwise what stands out to me is that he should have had a second, but he got the timing wrong with Martin. Then in the second half Wynnum had three small mobile forwards on the field and Watts was able to go through the middle to lock the scores up. Then at the death he throws his worst pass of the afternoon when the Seagulls were attempting to put it to bed.

Not to say he was horrible. 78 minutes, topped the tackle count and his service was generally good but if I was putting together a highlights package I'd struggle.

I can't stress how ugly the game was. 28 errors and 29 penalties total, even the tries the Dolphins scored were off-putting - it's difficult to get out of dummy half when there's zero momentum in the game.

Unless you're Connor Broadhurst.
Mate. I asked for copper and you gave me gold. Helluva write up! Also, would you put any thought onto the phins 2nd try? Did you think they isolated Paix at B or was itjust a good old fashioned bash and barge?

Mate. I asked for copper and you gave me gold. Helluva write up! Also, would you put any thought onto the phins 2nd try? Did you think they isolated Paix at B or was itjust a good old fashioned bash and barge?
I'd say the latter. Redcliffe took advantage of their size and strength through the middle. Play one the Seagulls couldn't get Watts to ground. Play 2 Purcell targets Saitaua's inside shoulder and dares Martin to follow up. Martin slides off the tackle, Pascoe feels like he has to come in and both replenish left forcing Milson to cover A and Watts runs right at him.

I wouldn't blame Paix for the try but would take note that he was involved in two tackles and failed to bring his target to ground.

However my main observation is that the Seagulls had Pascoe, Saitaua and Paix on all at the same time and it made them vulnerable through the middle.

I'm not sure why the Dolphins went away from it. Seemed like they were desperate to get Trai Fuller some Civoniceiva points and based all their attack around him. He's a quality player but was guilty of trying too hard and Redcliffe didn't take advantage of what was working for them.

Then again, if that game had a face, not even it's mother would have liked it.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to watch these games online? I think Q-Cup would be more enjoyable than the NRL these days.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to watch these games online? I think Q-Cup would be more enjoyable than the NRL these days.
Is QPlus TV available overseas?

Has all the games as well as the juniors and the women's competition.

@Organix Qplus is a gem, mate! I can access it from PNG and $49/year isn't too bad of an investment since you get to watch all grades in QRL

6. Josh Rogers - Burleigh Bears​

Welcome back to Burleigh, Josh Rogers. In scenes reminiscent of 2022, Rogers was unstoppable on Saturday against the Tweed Seagulls. With the Bears pack laying quite the platform, Rogers was able to run amok. The playmaker scored a try and set up two more, smashed through 145 run metres, and notched up five tackle breaks, three line break assists, one line break and 14 tackles. Jake Clifford (Pride), Gerome Burns (Devils) and Sakias Komati (Hunters) were all threats for their respective teams in Round 3.

@Organix Qplus is a gem, mate! I can access it from PNG and $49/year isn't too bad of an investment since you get to watch all grades in QRL
It sucks that nearly all the games have no commentary though, it badly needs it.

Also the mic placements on some games are terrible though atleast they have the refs mic'd up.

It sucks that nearly all the games have no commentary though, it badly needs it.

Also the mic placements on some games are terrible though atleast they have the refs mic'd up.
I feel ya, brother. I'm one of those ones that's crazy enough to over read on the refs "coaching" (is that the right word to use? 😅) each other and come up with a narrative about "us vs them". (Excuse my paranoia, the weed is pretty good in this neck of the woods 😆)

I feel ya, brother. I'm one of those ones that's crazy enough to over read on the refs "coaching" (is that the right word to use? 😅) each other and come up with a narrative about "us vs them". (Excuse my paranoia, the weed is pretty good in this neck of the woods 😆)
That Souths Norths game was honestly bush spec with the alarm going off half the game, couldn't hear shit.

That Souths Norths game was honestly bush spec with the alarm going off half the game, couldn't hear shit.
Then the mic's started to echo and that kinda sucked. Still, I love footy and especially love watching Bronco feeders/affiliates playing football. I'd happily watch them over some of the NRL matches

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Inknition
  • Strop
  • Cavalo
  • MrRobot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • JamesC
  • Lozza
  • Battler
  • BruiserMk1
  • ezpz
  • Maroon4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.