Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Shoulder or fatigue?

Not sure, possibly both.

Interesting to look at Hunt's bench use, last week I said he needs to get more time out of Te Kura and Mozer because they're the two best players and most likely to score points.

V Falcons

Mozer- 29 minutes and 28 minutes for 58 minutes
Te Kura-34 minutes and 22 minutes for 56 minutes

V Bears

Mozer-55 minutes and 20 minutes for 75 minutes
Te Kura-23 minutes and 25 minutes for 48 minutes

I don't think either is working too well, last week when they were off together Falcons took control and ran riot but tonight when Mozer pretty much played the whole game Souths still fell away and Bears scored six tries.

10 minutes to go tonight, Te Kura is at marker, next ruck Bears work to centre field and Te Kura gets back in the line Geyer goes to DH and takes off straight for Te Kura and goes past him without a hand on him and runs 30m to score.

It was good from Geyer to know he'd made one effort and then to go at him again.

Te Kura was out on his feet he couldn't move to even close the gap. Souths marker defence was awful too.

Not sure, possibly both.

Interesting to look at Hunt's bench use, last week I said he needs to get more time out of Te Kura and Mozer because they're the two best players and most likely to score points.

V Falcons

Mozer- 29 minutes and 28 minutes for 58 minutes
Te Kura-34 minutes and 22 minutes for 56 minutes

V Bears

Mozer-55 minutes and 20 minutes for 75 minutes
Te Kura-23 minutes and 25 minutes for 48 minutes

I don't think either is working too well, last week when they were off together Falcons took control and ran riot but tonight when Mozer pretty much played the whole game Souths still fell away and Bears scored six tries.

10 minutes to go tonight, Te Kura is at marker, next ruck Bears work to centre field and Te Kura gets back in the line Geyer goes to DH and takes off straight for Te Kura and goes past him without a hand on him and runs 30m to score.

It was good from Geyer to know he'd made one effort and then to go at him again.

Te Kura was out on his feet he couldn't move to even close the gap. Souths marker defence was awful too.
How do you think Mozer is developing so far this year?

How do you think Mozer is developing so far this year?

Very frustrated.

He's clearly frustrated with Souths, and they're not playing well. He's busting his arse can't fault his effort but Souths have some things to sort out.

Next week is top of the table Cutters and round seven, so a third of the way through the season and they have one win. 1/7 is a hard climb back.

It's the context, his stats probably aren't too much different to 23 but he's not getting the ball he needs.

Souths aren't controlling where they give it to other teams so he's always giving it to forwards to bring it off their line and then in the second half teams are running over them.

Dolphins-three second half tries against
Tweed- two second half tries against (W)
Norths- four second half tries against
Falcons- six second half tries against
Bears-three second half tries against

28 tries against in five games-18 in the second half- 64%

Cutters are top the table and have four against in the second half.

Paix first try last night, standard poor goal line I will just dive over hooker's try. Good to see him having a run just before half time.

Second try, end of the game no chance Wynnum win, sets off at 45 degrees from 5m out and dives over.

Really good try last night from Howarth, wasn't brilliant or anything but he took a tough run first off, the ruck and forced his way over with three Blackhawks on him. Up 24-14 with two minutes left, no need to do it.

How longer is Shibasaki going to be out of NRL?

Meninga player of the year last year and now he's just smashing Cup teams.

Try last night on the left, from a standing start just pushes guys out of the way and scores with three Wynnum guys on him.

Five tries in five games, leading the comp for line breaks and defence is holding up.

He'd be a great NRL bench player, come on and five hit ups. Playing 80 minutes at Cup at 19.

How longer is Shibasaki going to be out of NRL?

Meninga player of the year last year and now he's just smashing Cup teams.

Try last night on the left, from a standing start just pushes guys out of the way and scores with three Wynnum guys on him.

Five tries in five games, leading the comp for line breaks and defence is holding up.

He'd be a great NRL bench player, come on and five hit ups. Playing 80 minutes at Cup at 19.

Shame he is at a club with a coach proving to be a bit clueless in how to bring young players through.

Shame he is at a club with a coach proving to be a bit clueless in how to bring young players through.

I think they're doing a good job-Pride and Cutters are both in the top four with young players from the Cowboys like Duffy Purdue and Shibasaki going well.

Finefeuiaki, Chester and Laybutt have come through in the last 12 months and played NRL.

Cutters are fourth in Meninga with Brown and Kerrisk and could play Cup this year.

Watts has progressed to close to Cup from Meninga and been a replacement once for Cutters.

Sullivan is playing Cup at 19 in the front row.

Shibasaki, Sullivan, and Purdue all played an NRL trial game.

Cutters- first in Cup, first in BMD, fourth in Meninga, won U19 girls.

They're undergoing a revolution this year.

Karapani v Pereira.

Karapani has certainly stepped it up last two weeks. His involvement and ground making has gone big up.

Karapani- 200m
Pereira-190m

I was critical two weeks ago, 47m just didn't seem enough to me in the wet but since then 176 and now 200m.

Tackle breaks have gone 1, 3 and 6 and runs 5, 15 and 20.

Further proof Mozer is frustrated and agitated- two penalties and on report.

Souths have three on report.

Why have Souths gone backwards so much this season after a really good year last year? Did they lose a lot of on-field talent or is the message from coaches not being agreed with? I've been down to see 2 x Mal Meninga Cup games of Souths and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of talent ready for the step up in that line up either.

Why have Souths gone backwards so much this season after a really good year last year? Did they lose a lot of on-field talent or is the message from coaches not being agreed with? I've been down to see 2 x Mal Meninga Cup games of Souths and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of talent ready for the step up in that line up either.

TBF, they had the worst collapse in NRL history to miss the finals last year.

But after snagging Wighton, their squad should have been stronger this year. Not to mention but they also go a "fit" Mitchell back after missing much of last season

TBF, they had the worst collapse in NRL history to miss the finals last year.

But after snagging Wighton, their squad should have been stronger this year. Not to mention but they also go a "fit" Mitchell back after missing much of last season

We're talking about QLD Cup not NRL. Souths-Logan and the Mozer frustrations situation

Hunt for whatever reason is relying on old players. Albert Kelly, Isaac Luke and Joe Tomane are not winning you games. Teams are running away with it as the game goes on.

No Sailor
No Bayliss- was great go forward last year.

Coburn out for six weeks. Does the things no one will.

Karapani v Pereira.

Karapani has certainly stepped it up last two weeks. His involvement and ground making has gone big up.

Karapani- 200m
Pereira-190m

I was critical two weeks ago, 47m just didn't seem enough to me in the wet but since then 176 and now 200m.

Tackle breaks have gone 1, 3 and 6 and runs 5, 15 and 20.
How were Tekuras stats, sounds like he didnt do too well?

Hunt for whatever reason is relying on old players. Albert Kelly, Isaac Luke and Joe Tomane are not winning you games. Teams are running away with it as the game goes on.

No Sailor
No Bayliss- was great go forward last year.

Coburn out for six weeks. Does the things no one will.
I noticed the Souths Mal Meninga Cup side got blown away in the 2nd half on Saturday too. Are they just not as fit this season as well?

How were Tekuras stats, sounds like he didnt do too well?

He made ground, he scored a try but he was fatigued and slow, missed a really bad tackle that won't show up, he didn't even get a hand on him running away to score.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.