Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Every time I look at the QRL site I'm increasingly disappointed by what an underwhelming shithouse experience it is. They do a really poor effort at marketing this game to NRL fans who they should know are interested in seeing how future stars at their feeder clubs are going. If they want fresh fans turning up at local club games, generate some fucking interest. Put up some video, and turn up the hype.

Case in point: Josh Rogers. His name should've been on everyone's lips right after the game last night. His name should've come up in the press conference, but hardly anyone is aware he's even on our books. Today, we're looking at some boring stats of his most recent game that are neither here nor there. There should be a highlight reel on the front page. Next off the rank, etc.

Speaking of Joshes: why has no one heard of Patston, yet?

Disservice to the players. Disservice to the game.

The buck stops at Ben Ikin here. He's supposed to be the marketing genius. He failed at the Broncos. He's failing at this.

Every time I look at the QRL site I'm increasingly disappointed by what an underwhelming shithouse experience it is. They do a really poor effort at marketing this game to NRL fans who they should know are interested in seeing how future stars at their feeder clubs are going. If they want fresh fans turning up at local club games, generate some fucking interest. Put up some video, and turn up the hype.

Case in point: Josh Rogers. His name should've been on everyone's lips right after the game last night. His name should've come up in the press conference, but hardly anyone is aware he's even on our books. Today, we're looking at some boring stats of his most recent game that are neither here nor there. There should be a highlight reel on the front page. Next off the rank, etc.

Speaking of Joshes: why has no one heard of Patston, yet?

Disservice to the players. Disservice to the game.

The buck stops at Ben Ikin here. He's supposed to be the marketing genius. He failed at the Broncos. He's failing at this.

How do you figure Ikin 'failed' at the Broncos?

Te Kura got used a lot as the decoy, but still made ground and had a great impact for Souths.

I said a few weeks ago he's getting smarter about his runs, running at space and picking spot players.

234m- no breaks and only broke three tackles so just working forward.

Handling error coming out of his end and two penalties. Key to this performance was only played 38 minutes, when Hunt goes up to 50 it all comes apart.

Bukowski had his best game this year, his try he didn't look anywhere but straight ahead. You can see him looking the ruck before, he's seen something and next ruck straight through and scores.

He's aware and smart, just needs to play more football. Just his fourth game this year.

Te Kura got used a lot as the decoy, but still made ground and had a great impact for Souths.

I said a few weeks ago he's getting smarter about his runs, running at space and picking spot players.

234m- no breaks and only broke three tackles so just working forward.

Handling error coming out of his end and two penalties. Key to this performance was only played 38 minutes, when Hunt goes up to 50 it all comes apart.

Te Kura actually played 48 minutes so I’m not too sure what you’re saying there

Te Kura actually played 48 minutes so I’m not too sure what you’re saying there

You're right, he did a third stint the last seven minutes. I just noted the two. He came off at 68 minutes then back on again at 73. Would have to be an injury for him to do a third stint.

You're right, he did a third stint the last seven minutes. I just noted the two. He came off at 68 minutes then back on again at 73. Would have to be an injury for him to do a third stint.
Yeah I watched the live stream, he went off shortly after copping a whack to the back of the head and didn’t look to happy about getting taken off

Bukowski had his best game this year, his try he didn't look anywhere but straight ahead. You can see him looking the ruck before, he's seen something and next ruck straight through and scores.

He's aware and smart, just needs to play more football. Just his fourth game this year.
gotta be honest the only time ive seen him play was the trial him and mozer played and thought he out played him in that game,who you think the better prospect out of the two?

Mal Meninga Cup finals​

Week one​

Elimination final one: Burleigh Bears v Wynnum Manly Seagulls at UAA Park, Saturday, May 4 at 12.30pm

Elimination final two: Ipswich Jets v Mackay Cutters at North Ipswich Reserve, Sunday, May 5 at 12.15pm

Week two​

Qualifying final one: Tweed Seagulls v lowest ranked winner at Piggabeen Sports Complex, Saturday, May 11 at 11am

Qualifying final two: Redcliffe Dolphins v highest ranked winner at Kayo Stadium, Saturday, May 11 at 2.15pm

gotta be honest the only time ive seen him play was the trial him and mozer played and thought he out played him in that game,who you think the better prospect out of the two?

They’re not dissimilar to be honest, smarter than the rest. Bukowski more robust than Mozer at the same age. He’s a Grant type hooker.

Bukowski is first year out of school and three years behind Mozer.

They’re not dissimilar to be honest, smarter than the rest. Bukowski more robust than Mozer at the same age. He’s a Grant type hooker.

Bukowski is first year out of school and three years behind Mozer.
a dare to dream moment be a nice 9/14 combo if it all pans out and they both kick on over the next few years

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.