Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Magpies with another attacking opportunity. They generate momentum through the middle through Quai-Ward, Coburn and Ferguson. Taupau's turn, but he decides to shovel it on last minute to PPR who was well covered and the Magpies cough up the ball.

The exhibition has come early, Souths with another free shot.

Black off the scrum goes himself, PPR then goes through the middle and spills his lollies.

Time is ticking down here, looks like Norths wanted full-time 10 minutes ago but Ahearn decides it's time to take on the new kid. Ahearn links with Keeley and he slices through easily. Options either side, but Black chases hard, lunges and grabs Lipp! Lipp with the Lomax flick pass and Souths recover the ball.

Black finds grass with another good long kick, but the ball bounces dead. Norths work their way out of trouble, Christian decides to chip it behind Tomane and it sits up perfectly for Kaho to claim the ball and score underneath the dot.

Norths far too good.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Mozer's missed tackle count was seven- I thought it was bad but not that bad.

Souths missed 42.

Black missed seven too.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coby Black named for South’s again. He’s gonna be learning the hard way in a bad team. Yuck

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Coby Black named for South’s again. He’s gonna be learning the hard way in a bad team. Yuck

Kelly is the handbrake Black doesn’t need. Ideally Souths recruit an experienced half for 25 that can help Black. Wish he was with Rogers or Jacks.

I was sort of impressed on Sunday when Kelly went off Black put his hand up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kelly is the handbrake Black doesn’t need. Ideally Souths recruit an experienced half for 25 that can help Black. Wish he was with Rogers or Jacks.

I was sort of impressed on Sunday when Kelly went off Black put his hand up.
Souths have been exceptionally poor this year. Did they lose alot of players in the off season?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Souths have been exceptionally poor this year. Did they lose alot of players in the off season?

Last year I praised Hunt for being very methodical in his recruitment but this year he has tried to replace the players with older players, and it hasn't worked.

Bayliss, Periera, Te Kura, Sailor, Svendsen, Coburn, Campagnolo, Ten and Smith have either left or played very little football.

You can't carry Isaac Luke, Joe Tomane and Albert Kelly in a team.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
shocked no way GIF

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
He’s probably a reason why we shouldn’t be too fussed if Mozer decided to take an opportunity elsewhere

I'm not committing yet, he's smart, he's a great footballer but he is currently at where Mozer 2022 was. I said in 21 Mozer wouldn't be ready until 2024 and that hasn't even turned out well yet- If you follow that timeline Bukowski could be 2027.

30 Cup games, learn your craft and be physically ready. You've put effort into Mozer since he was 13 to get to here.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Bukowski didn't do anything wrong, got to the ruck every time. Passes didn't become loopy with fatigue and a nice saving tackle on his line and he broke from the scrum to make it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Patstson has really improved his running, used to just be a freewheeling Menzies want to be.

Great try tonight off Geyer, spun, kept moving and reached out with three on him.

Bears with no Broncos just keep trucking.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bukowski didn't do anything wrong, got to the ruck every time. Passes didn't become loopy with fatigue and a nice saving tackle on his line and he broke from the scrum to make it.
At his age he just needs to do his job. Be keen to see how he develops.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • jarro65
  • Lostboy
  • The Strapper
  • Redfern_1980
  • johnny plath
  • Morkel
  • Ozired
  • thenry
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • upthebroncs
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.