2024 State of Origin discussion

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
He'll never get dropped, but Grant hasn't really had the impact on Origin it looked like he'd have after his first couple of games. I suspect he'll come into his own once Hunt retires, though, and he properly owns the number nine jersey.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He'll never get dropped, but Grant hasn't really had the impact on Origin it looked like he'd have after his first couple of games. I suspect he'll come into his own once Hunt retires, though, and he properly owns the number nine jersey.

I don't think it's his ability, I just don't think he's quite as smart on a football field as Hunt.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
No surprise that Walsh didn't last the 80.

But quite a surprise the way he went out ?
If Selwyn doesn`t play left centre next game there is no god .

He was the spark to a lot of good things last night . What a waste of talent it was to have him on the right side last season .

And further re Capewell .
I heard Freddy say it`s easier for a centre to defend at 2nd row than vice versa .
Makes sense . 2nd rowers are there for a reason . Mobility , lateral movement and acceleration are attributes of elite centres .

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think it's his ability, I just don't think he's quite as smart on a football field as Hunt.

It's understandable considering he doesn't have anywhere near as much experience as Hunt. I don't see any advantage to gain from dropping him, he's a future mainstay.

Grant - 89 NRL matches, 9 origins, 8 tests
Hunt - 324 NRL matches, 18 origins, 15 tests

Hunt had nearly played a decade of NRL before Harry Grant even made his first grade debut. He's a wily old fox these days - I'm astounded how strong and fit he is. Good set of hips on the fella!

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It's understandable considering he doesn't have anywhere near as much experience as Hunt. I don't see any advantage to gain from dropping him, he's a future mainstay.

Grant - 89 NRL matches, 9 origins, 8 tests
Hunt - 324 NRL matches, 18 origins, 15 tests

Hunt had nearly played a decade of NRL before Harry Grant even made his first grade debut. He's a wily old fox these days - I'm astounded how strong and fit he is. Good set of hips on the fella!
Yeh man. those hips don't lie. the way he pulled through those tackles especially making Teddy look like the soft bear that he is was quite brilliant. he had so much to do for that last try. I'm wondering if "Dozer" is referring to Bulldozer or if he just puts people to sleep.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Honestly, no. Like Hammer said, they even trained for it.

I remember one series NSW speared Billy Slater more than once and tried to rough him up . Kinda suceeded . Then next game Greg Inglis took over as full back and seemed to take it personally . He stung a lot of Blues players that night .

Maybe it`s Selwyn`s turn to get mean ?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I remember one series NSW speared Billy Slater more than once and tried to rough him up . Kinda suceeded . Then next game Greg Inglis took over as full back and seemed to take it personally . He stung a lot of Blues players that night .

Maybe it`s Selwyn`s turn to get mean ?
Selwyn is frustrating. So much talent, but so far from perfect.

Take his pass to Taulagi in Hammer's first try last night, which he caught miraculously. We've seen so many tries butchered because of passes like this.

And what the **** happened here?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Well, Nicho and McInnes are out. Moses and Murray in.

Replacing an underwhelming half with another underwhelming half.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Surely they should have kept McInness in and Young out. What does Young even offer? One of the most overrated players in the game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can’t believe they dropped McInness. Mental but whatever floats their boat. They always seem to make changes just because instead of because they’re forced

Active Now

• Redux
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • OzeMike
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.