2024 State of Origin discussion

It's beginning to look as I feared. another major player gone for unknown weeks and that's just origin training. I am not looking forward to this series at all in regard injuries. We need to insist our guys rest when they come back. I'd rather we lost the two points than losing potentially for the year.
The injury chaos this year just make me sob harder about the grand final

Ashley Klein is reffing Game 1.

The NSWrl have got their incompetent incompetent clown in the middle to control things the way they want.
Not sure he's incompetent... he definitely did everything he could to try and get NSW home last year... especially in Game 2 to try and get it to a decider, but there was also the ridiculous sin binning of Flegler in Game 1 to try and get them home.

Game 1

Game 2

On the Fifita not being in the squad.
Wonder if there's something Billy didn't like from him in camp last year.
Game 3 as a starting back rower he was taken off after 20 mins and put back on for the final 10.
Thought his form this year wasn't to bad and if your picking on form Holmes wouldn't be there for one.
He'd be a mainstay in rep teams if he stayed at the Broncos imo. The price you pay playing comfortable footy on the GC.

Going down there to try and get a win without Munster is a huge task.

We won without him in the '22 decider, but that was at Suncorp. NSW very very rarely win there in deciders for a reason.

Game 1 '22 in Sydney we won that on the back of Munster's performance in that game.

I hope Billy has a bloody good plan.

DCE needs to stand up this series as one of QLD's greats.....IF he is ever to be remembered as such.

In my books to date....he's been there solely based on
there's been no better option.

Going down there to try and get a win without Munster is a huge task.

We won without him in the '22 decider, but that was at Suncorp. NSW very very rarely win there in deciders for a reason.

Game 1 '22 in Sydney we won that on the back of Munster's performance in that game.

I hope Billy has a bloody good plan.
What's Queensland's winning percentage at Sydney pretty bad?

We've won 2 out of 4 series when Klein has been the referee for all 3 games. He was dropped for Game 3 back in 2013 because QLD were able to convince the NRL that the game was not being reffed fairly. It must have been pretty bad if we didn't want him for Game 3 even after winning Game 2, 26-6.

We've won 2 out of 4 series when Klein has been the referee for all 3 games. He was dropped for Game 3 back in 2013 because QLD were able to convince the NRL that the game was not being reffed fairly. It must have been pretty bad if we didn't want him for Game 3 even after winning Game 2, 26-6.
That was the game where Tate got binned for getting king hit by Merrin and Bird got binned for being Bird.

All because Klein was too scared to bin Gallen in Game I, changing the punch rules. Now player's can't even defend themselves.

DCE needs to stand up this series as one of QLD's greats.....IF he is ever to be remembered as such.

In my books to date....he's been there solely based on
there's been no better option.
Imo dce is never going to roll off the tongue as one of the memorables, but he doesn't need to.

Just do your job as you've done the last few series.

If he starts thinking legacy that's when we and him are in trouble.

Just do your job as you've done the last few series.
That was enough....while another strike weapon like Munster was there to win you the game.

QLD's historically lived and died on the performance of a QLD half.....Lewis, Langer, Lockyer, JT...... Munster....
have single handedly won QLD games.

Can DCE alongside a rookie....semi talented 5/8?

DCE was a bit underwhelming early in his qld career but he has been excellent the last 3 or 4 years. I don't get the hate.
No hate......

I think in this year's series....we need him to rise
and conquer.

He has to.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.