KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
It was great to see the amount of one on one time Walsh got with Slater today. He was spending a lot of time on things like his goal line defence and defending a runaway player. It was really interesting to watch and hopefully he is taking it all in.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Quality quote here from Reece Robson

" Everyone gets Origin, it’s why NSW has been successful over the last few years as well. We don’t go around saying they don’t get it "

Erm, hate to break it to you Reece, you have lost the last 2 series.
Reece doesn’t measure success in wins and losses, it’s more a feel thing.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Fox doubling down on Billy lol. Sure, the glass houses could be about Slater but I just don't see how they can be that positive that it was unless Madge confirmed it privately or something. As someone said earlier, it could easily have been referring to Myles, Thurston or anyone else who's commented on it.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I like Billy. He has done some great things but the way he talks to reporters in the media is a bit arrogant and it is quite defensive at times. He doesnt discriminate I guess. The way he answers people that are asking legit questions annoys me. It's actually a bit weird considering he is part of the media out of origin. It shits me when Stuart, Robinson, Bennett etc do it at times so I don't care if he is the qld coach. I would hate to see what he is like when things are going tough because he is constantly on the defensive about everything.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Fox doubling down on Billy lol. Sure, the glass houses could be about Slater but I just don't see how they can be that positive that it was unless Madge confirmed it privately or something. As someone said earlier, it could easily have been referring to Myles, Thurston or anyone else who's commented on it.

I suspect it's not a dig just at Slater personally, I'd say it's more to do with Qld's tactics in the past. Nate Myles repeatedly tackling Farah by leading with the top of his head comes to mind.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I suspect it's not a dig just at Slater personally, I'd say it's more to do with Qld's tactics in the past. Nate Myles repeatedly tackling Farah by leading with the top of his head comes to mind.

100%

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Will Chambers comments on 360 .. well if Madge wants to bring up Billy Slaters 'rap sheet' .. Madge was on Storms payroll as an assistant coach at the time that Billy was playing .. how much responsibility should Madge be held to?

😂

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Billy has been a great coach for Queensland and booo NSW you bastards etc. But let's not forget, Madge is correct. Billy was a dirty prick on the field. Good point.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Cobbo not being selected is a odd one.
If he's not 100% fit, there's been nothing said by the broncos and Nanai is also not 100% fit - struggling with a cork injury.
Maybe Selwyn slept in on some training sessions?
Good for the Broncos, he'll be fresh and ready for the Warriors game.
I'd like Billy to bring Gagai in for Capewell. Gagai just is a different beast in a Maroon jersey and I'd hate for Capewell to be defending Mitchell or Critchon if something happens to a back.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
No he wasn't.

“You could hear the crickets then,” Anasta quipped after the completion of the interview.

“Well he did make some comments. He spoke about it being a bad look,” Read responded.

"Your comments after the game in which I think you had a go at NSW about targeting Reece Walsh."

He specifically mentions the comments about Walsh being targeted. Slater shot that down and then he comes back after the interview with the "well he did make some comments. He spoke about it being a bad look."

Unread

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.