2024 State of Origin discussion

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Sorry but saying "we're still queenslanders" to a question about changes that every origin coach in the history of the game gets after a loss is not "very clear what he means".

It's just 3 words together that make fucking no sense to the question he was asked. You are actually lying by saying you know what that means. He doesn't know what he meant when he said and he just ran with it. It's total rubbish.

And if McGuire said "we're still blues" to that question in game 1 which he got you would be saying wtf does that even mean.

Remove the bias. It was a stupid answer and blaming the journalists in that situation is hilarious.

The answer didn't make a whole lot of sense but his intentions were very clear, he doesn't want to talk about team changes.

If Wayne got asked that question and he gave some 1 word response it would be seen as Wayne manipulating the media. What's the difference?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Queensland don't make whoesale changes to their teams after a loss like the silly ***** down south. It's been discussed online and in the media enough that I think most QLDers understood what he was saying.

In the presser it did sound a little off, but this is a dude who just watched his team get absolutely belted.
Ah OK still doesnt make sense to me but I have two heads. It's not just him in this presser. I have brought it up before with him even when we were winning

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
The answer didn't make a whole lot of sense but his intentions were very clear, he doesn't want to talk about team changes.

If Wayne got asked that question and he gave some 1 word response it would be seen as Wayne manipulating the media. What's the difference?
Wayne doesn't talk in riddles and slogans. He gives you a proper answer or says the 1 word answer you said

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
What was the NSWRL media expecting from slater?

To blame the ref and sack half the team?

cos that’s what the blues do
They were definitely looking for a soundbite to work into the 'pick and stick' angle and then run with that until team selections.

The comment that he did provide is just about the only thing they can't work into the angle lol

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm glad the NSW media are giving us plenty of ammunition for game 3. I remember when they went in on Cam Smith before game 3 in 2015. Queensland took that personally and it didnt end well for NSW.

H

Howie

Oct 4, 2023
I'm glad the NSW media are giving us plenty of ammunition for game 3. I remember when they went in on Cam Smith before game 3 in 2015. Queensland took that personally and it didnt end well for NSW.
The ACA attempted hit job over the Alex McKinnon tackle? I wonder how things have since worked out for that segment producer ...

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
The ACA attempted hit job over the Alex McKinnon tackle? I wonder how things have since worked out for that segment producer ...
Speaking of Alex McKinnon, I read earlier today in an article penned by him, I believe it was on Fox Sports, that we should replace Kev with Billy.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Speaking of Alex McKinnon, I read earlier today in an article penned by him, I believe it was on Fox Sports, that we should replace Kev with Billy.
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Ah OK still doesnt make sense to me but I have two heads. It's not just him in this presser. I have brought it up before with him even when we were winning
It's either "I have bought it up TO Billy", or, I have bought it up before ABOUT Billy.
🤷‍♀️

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
To you .. Billy might not come across as making a lot of sense .. but then again .. I can't understand you either

Hahaha @JayPee .. those that live in glass houses..

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.