2024 State of Origin discussion

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
It's brought. Got to work on your gotchas.... self own.
True. 😂

My only defence is voice correction.

You can't use that same excuse .. as Google would have corrected your earlier error with an uppercase Q. 😆

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
True. 😂

My only defence is voice correction.

You can't use that same excuse .. as Google would have corrected your earlier error with an uppercase Q. 😆
I can't find anywhere where it is grammatically incorrect to say queensland in a sentence instead of Queensland. I'll believe you though

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
They were definitely looking for a soundbite to work into the 'pick and stick' angle and then run with that until team selections.

The comment that he did provide is just about the only thing they can't work into the angle lol
The media were looking for a story to run with for the next couple weeks til the teams announced.
Billy left them scratching their heads and nothing to write about.
Billy works in the media he knows how it works.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I can't find anywhere where it is grammatically incorrect to say queensland in a sentence instead of Queensland. I'll believe you though
Lol.

I can assure you, that when Billy was saying the word Queenslander .. in his head he was saying it with a capital Q lmao.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Lol.

I can assure you, that when Billy was saying the word Queenslander .. in his head he was saying it with a capital Q lmao.
Oh he definitely would have been.... in a condescending arrogant tone. That's our Billy.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Oh he definitely would have been.... in a condescending arrogant tone. That's our Billy.

He`s not in a popularity contest .
This is state against state , mate against mate . Maybe you just don`t "get " it ? LOL .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I bet a staggering $2 on a multi paying $48 which got up. That, plus a couple of other bets, I walked away with $150 profit for an outlay of about $20.
You could've got 150 bucks for sucking off a bunch of old men in a public shithouse and it would've been more pleasurable than selling your soul for that.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
What do you mean?

Wayne's had some of the most memorable press conferences in the history of the NRL with his one liners.

He has to answer questions, he doesn't want to but he has to. So he just says the bare minimum, he's infamous for it. Not too different to what Billy did here when you think about it.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Sorry but saying "we're still queenslanders" to a question about changes that every origin coach in the history of the game gets after a loss is not "very clear what he means".

It's just 3 words together that make fucking no sense to the question he was asked. You are actually lying by saying you know what that means. He doesn't know what he meant when he said and he just ran with it. It's total rubbish.

And if McGuire said "we're still blues" to that question in game 1 which he got you would be saying wtf does that even mean.

Remove the bias. It was a stupid answer and blaming the journalists in that situation is hilarious.
No bias mate. It's just 3 words yes, but 3 words that are clearly understood by anyone who has been watching Origin and paying attention.
If that's not you, it's ok no judgement, but the comment isn't silly just because you didn't understand it.
If Madge had said the same thing, I would not say wtf does that mean, I would know exaclty what he meant.....wholesale changes, because that's what NSW does.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Not only does Billy have us 1 win away from 3 straight, but he also gets under the skin of our most prolific opposition poster. Is the Cowboys' Stampede forum really that bad that you'd rather hang out with Broncos supporters?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Not only does Billy have us 1 win away from 3 straight, but he also gets under the skin of our most prolific opposition poster. Is the Cowboys' Stampede forum really that bad that you'd rather hang out with Broncos supporters?
Why does it affect you so much? I post in both forums. Why is there a need to make me feel like crap because I don't agree with some of the shit he says. That is weird.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
No bias mate. It's just 3 words yes, but 3 words that are clearly understood by anyone who has been watching Origin and paying attention.
If that's not you, it's ok no judgement, but the comment isn't silly just because you didn't understand it.
If Madge had said the same thing, I would not say wtf does that mean, I would know exaclty what he meant.....wholesale changes, because that's what NSW does.
It isn't clearly understood at all because it doesn't actually make sense lol but whatever. Beating a dead horse.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Swordfish
  • maddo
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • maximus84
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.