2024 State of Origin discussion

I think that's the way I would go as well

Hammer and Cobbo on the left (holy **** what a combination that could be) and Gagai and Val on the right... another very strong combination.

Would be good to see Gagai get a return and possible send off in an origin decider at Suncorp... imagine the emotion he would have winning a decider at Suncorp as a possible send off

I wouldnt be surprised to see Cobbo right wing and Val left wing tbh.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Cobbo right wing and Val left wing tbh.
Yeah I think they could go that way as well, but it doesn't actually suit their carries for put downs in the corner.

I thought Val was always right sided until a couple years back when he started playing left centre for cows, but thought that was more about having a need for a left centre rather than it being more suited to the player. Kind of like Herbie playing left centre, but that's because we needed a left centre.

Val played right wing at the sharks ... albeit a while back now... might've played left wing for Qld, but that may have been because Gagai was typically on the right.

Cobbo and Hammer on the left could swap in and out as well... Cobbo could sit in centre at times to try and use his power to put Hammer away on the wing

I spent several years living in Nambour back in the early 90's.

Worked for Burnside Smash Repairs.........
I went to Nambour for the first time since about the 90’s last week. Hasn’t changed

The play from Ponga today would be putting some serious thoughts into Slater's head... he's provided spark in attack, but mostly he's been safe as at the back.

I think he'll pick him as 17 or something and Walsh in the 1... but I reckon Slater would've been feeling far safer in defence and defusing kicks if he had Ponga back there all series.

1. Ponga (do it Slater you coward!!)
2. Cobbo
3. Hammer
4. Gagai
5. Val
6. Dearden
7. DCE
8. Arrow
9. Bhunt
10. Collins
11. Sua
12. Nanai
13. Patty

14. Harry
15. Mo Fotu
16. Cotter
17. Fifita

18. Kaufusi

He won't leave Walsh out completely though... He'll either have him at 1, 17 or 18 (so we ain't getting him ☹️☹️).

I think Sua does need to be there though... his two games after Game 2 have been pretty solid... he's been super aggressive and was putting shots on Crichton in today's game. I think I would start him and then bring Fifita from the bench.

Could also start Cotter at right second row and bring both Nanai and Fifita from the bench... would be big impact... also uses Cotter for his workhorse role which is his strength.

I would also like to see Arrow, but I don't think he'll pick him because of that shoulder... I just don't want Jensen picked, because broncos are out of players if he's picked.

The play from Ponga today would be putting some serious thoughts into Slater's head... he's provided spark in attack, but mostly he's been safe as at the back.

I think he'll pick him as 17 or something and Walsh in the 1... but I reckon Slater would've been feeling far safer in defence and defusing kicks if he had Ponga back there all series.

1. Ponga (do it Slater you coward!!)
2. Cobbo
3. Hammer
4. Gagai
5. Val
6. Dearden
7. DCE
8. Arrow
9. Bhunt
10. Collins
11. Sua
12. Nanai
13. Patty

14. Harry
15. Mo Fotu
16. Cotter
17. Fifita

18. Kaufusi

He won't leave Walsh out completely though... He'll either have him at 1, 17 or 18 (so we ain't getting him ☹️☹️).

I think Sua does need to be there though... his two games after Game 2 have been pretty solid... he's been super aggressive and was putting shots on Crichton in today's game. I think I would start him and then bring Fifita from the bench.

Could also start Cotter at right second row and bring both Nanai and Fifita from the bench... would be big impact... also uses Cotter for his workhorse role which is his strength.

I would also like to see Arrow, but I don't think he'll pick him because of that shoulder... I just don't want Jensen picked, because broncos are out of players if he's picked.
Arrow is booked in for shoulder surgery tomorrow :(

It would be the biggest call of Slaters career to bring Ponga in for Walsh
He won't do it, but I can see him putting him at 17 after today's performance... at least it gives him some insurance if Walsh is shitting the bed for whatever reason

**** that will mean Cobbo is in for sure.

Well if that's the case I wouldn't mind seeing Val on the wing with Gagai and Hammer in the centres.

Val ain't cutting it in the centres anymore... his defence is just struggling too much... but if he's still got it as a winger then we're sorted, because he nears origin Gagai levels from the wing.
Really don't think Tualagi would have been picked anyway. His D is rubbish

Has big Papa retired from Qld? Been massive today

Big Paoa is a massive chance of being picked.
I reckon Slater has made the phone call and asked for 1 more game.

Last time Papa played for Queensland he gave us about eight minutes. Not against it because we need size, but he'd want to up the minutes if he's picked.

Big Paoa is a massive chance of being picked.
I reckon Slater has made the phone call and asked for 1 more game.
Yeah Matt John's just said there is rumours Bill has asked him for 1 more game as you said.

We need the size

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.