2024 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
NSW started incredibly well but a good contest was ruined by the initial one sided. It's the same shit you see in broncos games where the opposition is allowed to lay all over the ruck but we get 6 again'd to death for reasons no one can explain and frankly NSW didn't need the leg up and probably could have won anyway. I said to the missus 10 minutes in that this is the square up from the 12 on 13 because the media whinged about it. Spear tackle? all good penalty and report, Hit on Coates? all good penalty and report. Pat on head? sin bin but we will just bin one each side. Those couple of times Dearden was caught passing the ball were NSW onside? I didn't get a good look but damn their defence must have been fresh to do it.
They legit had all their players playing the game of their lives. I can't see them being able to repeat the same intensity at Suncorp. I think QLD needs a boost in the forwards though. They are really missing Flegler, Gilbert and Tino. Fifita off the bench maybe?
Was good seeing Walsh back out there but not sure what he was expected to do when the team was leaking tries and when he did contribute to a line break QLD gave them a 7 tackle set.
Suncorp should be a cracker of a game though. Just not looking forward to the media BS in between.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I don't understand the hate Walsh is getting. How the holy hell are you meant to do anything with the ball when your forward pack is getting absolutely dominated and, in addition, the ref has gifted NSW with bulk possession? He was out of position in defence a few times, but the turnstiles in the front line were more concerning.
He wasn't the only poor player. He did have some rather poor areas positionally and his defence has never been that great. I think with him it's more because he's an excitement machine and he couldn't get going in attack last night through a lot of areas not down to him. Comes with the territory of being recognised as an elite player. You expect performances.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Jensen doesn't help us. He is an undersized prop like Cotter but without the Athleticism.

Jensen - 107kg, 1.88m
Cotter - 95kg, 1.8m

If the internet is correct. (Citation needed.) Jensen is in the same ballpark as Collins (though he is shorter) and Fotuaika.

If Welch is fit they could go Collins/Welch to start and Mo/Jensen/Cotter as rotation off the bench, gives us more size in the middle. Add Fifita into the second row,

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
For mine, I don’t want any of our guys playing O3 but it’s just wishful thinking.
I’m sure Billy would select Reece & Patty.
Gagai can fill in at centers & hope Cobbo doesn’t get picked.

The way the fuckin cockroaches manhandled last night, it’s just criminal & for the fuckin puppets who keep preaching that player safety is paramount, where has that gone last night? So many instances in that game that will surely be send offs at club level were turned blind eye to.

It’s fuckin disgrace you bastards. All NSWRL is, they don’t want a dead rubber and they made sure of it. If hound racing fuckers and moronic idiots run the game, this is what we end up with.

The game got fucked and now they want this dribble to expand further only to the point of no return where everyone just ditches it completely.

Note: I’m not salty about last night’s loss but furious about who we were allowed to gang tackled & mostly, with an intent to hurt our guys. Disgrace.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I don't mind getting roughed up a bit, **** it's an Origin, but if the ref isn't going to do anything about it, then at least let us give it back. Felt like early on we got pinged everytime we tried to get in their face and get numbers in the tackle.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Another incident not getting much attention was the fucking grubby push in the back from Latrell to Walsh after Walsh batted the ball dead. Nothing much in it but it was late, unnecessary and would have been a penalty in a normal NRL game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jensen - 107kg, 1.88m
Cotter - 95kg, 1.8m

If the internet is correct. (Citation needed.) Jensen is in the same ballpark as Collins (though he is shorter) and Fotuaika.

If Welch is fit they could go Collins/Welch to start and Mo/Jensen/Cotter as rotation off the bench, gives us more size in the middle. Add Fifita into the second row,
Fair. Jensen a lot heavier than I'd have thought.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Another incident not getting much attention was the fucking grubby push in the back from Latrell to Walsh after Walsh batted the ball dead. Nothing much in it but it was late, unnecessary and would have been a penalty in a normal NRL game.
There was one in the first kickoff of the game too. Moses ran straight through the back of someone for no reason.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Latrell did it a few times last night. In that melee where patty got binned, I’m sure latrell missiled into walsh there as well.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Qld will probably go:

1. Walsh
2. Taulagi
3. Hammer (Gagai if Hammer is out)
4. Cobbo
5. Holmes
6. Mam
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Jensen
11. Kaufusi
12. Nanai
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Cotter
16. Fotuaika
17. Fifita

Just a hunch.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Qld will probably go:

1. Walsh
2. Taulagi
3. Hammer (Gagai if Hammer is out)
4. Cobbo
5. Holmes
6. Mam
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Jensen
11. Kaufusi
12. Nanai
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Cotter
16. Fotuaika
17. Fifita

Just a hunch.
Would rather walker over mam and maybe mam over Dearden on the bench but Mam’s form hasn’t really been deserving of an origin selection.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Mam has done absolutely nothing to deserve a debut. Dearden had a bad game but to pin it all on him is just looking for a scapegoat.

Hard to do anything behind a forward pack that’s being bashed.

The impact a half has on a game is reliant on the platform the forwards lay and if they’re not making metres and getting slow PTB’s because the ref is letting the defence get away with murder, what the **** are they going to do? They don’t have any time or any momentum to work with.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Old Mate
  • broncoscope
  • Manofoneway
  • marw
  • theshed
  • Skyblues87
  • Seibs
  • jd87
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.