2024 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If only we had a big impossible to stop back rower we could call on to combat crighton……..
Issue with Fifita is that he's not aggressive in defence... he can run hard but he often gets it from a standing start... Foran has been improving him with line running so I'd have him for that... but I don't think he's handling Martin or Crichton and sitting them down.

He's basically Haas in terms of defensive physicality

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
How is that any different to what they're doing anyway though?

Cotter doesn't ball play so Patty would just be doing the ball playing except with the 10 on his back instead

Cotter imo has always done better at lock. I dont see Billy dropping him so i think him in that role could work out better for QLD.

Personally, i'd have Carrigan, Mo, Welch, Collins and Arrow in for the next game as our middles. Cotter has done a decent job for QLD in the past in the back row, so we could use him on the bench.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Issue with Fifita is that he's not aggressive in defence... he can run hard but he often gets it from a standing start... Foran has been improving him with line running so I'd have him for that... but I don't think he's handling Martin or Crichton and sitting them down.

As opposed to Capewell who uh did …. Not very much

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

Haas just made 170m (including 4 offloads), so if Fifi can give qld something similar I’ll cop that

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Gladiator GIF

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That was a truly shameful display for the reputation of the code. Apart from a handful of Blues idiots who will take whatever sort of win they can get and run away with glee, the rest are going to start wondering what it is they're actually watching and how invested they are in it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Cotter imo has always done better at lock. I dont see Billy dropping him so i think him in that role could work out better for QLD.

Personally, i'd have Carrigan, Mo, Welch, Collins and Arrow in for the next game as our middles. Cotter has done a decent job for QLD in the past in the back row, so we could use him on the bench.
I'd have Cotter off the bench again... I think it's too much size to be giving up in this day and age... Patty having to take the second hitup of the game instead of the second prop is pretty telling from that side of things.. shows they don't want Cotter in those first two brutal exchanges. Patty did it game 1 as well.

Have Cotter as the 17 on the bench and Nanai could move out to centre if an injury happens... use his quick feet off the bench.

I think Arrow would've come in at some point, but he's had that shoulder injury all season and right before game 2 selections was the broncos game and he was reeling on the sideline in agony... Feel like Billy isn't sure if he's actually fit or not, because he would be instantly in the team.

Welch I'm not sure about... haven't been paying much attention to Storm games, because they're a slogfest punish again nowadays, but when I've seen him he's often doing his trademark get smashed/driven back but pop an offload to kick start the next guy... just not sure if he's still got it for origin anymore.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Funny how when the penalties and dodgy 6 agains dry up for NSW they struggle to score. QLD won the second half 18-4. A big **** you to the 9 commentary team who were still talking up NSW even when leading by 20 points with a minute to go. There's a pretty obvious reason why NRL on Kayo is booming and Nine are struggling for viewers.

Here's a tip for the 9 management. Dump Fittler and Johns from the commentary team and watch your viewer numbers increase overnight.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Skathen
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.