NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Gladiator GIF

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Funny how when the penalties and dodgy 6 agains dry up for NSW they struggle to score. QLD won the second half 18-4. A big **** you to the 9 commentary team who were still talking up NSW even when leading by 20 points with a minute to go. There's a pretty obvious reason why NRL on Kayo is booming and Nine are struggling for viewers.

Here's a tip for the 9 management. Dump Fittler and Johns from the commentary team and watch your viewer numbers increase overnight.
I thought Johns was fine. He mentioned that there should have been sin bins against nsw twice early. Didn't think he was biased at all tbh.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
As opposed to Capewell who uh did …. Not very much
I definitely want Fifita in the team... almost feels like Billy has been purposefully holding him back until he lost a game in the series.

Can definitely see him coming into the team for Game 3... just saying he's not the physical presence that both Crichton and Martin are, so he's not shutting them down... Sua is probably the most physical out of our edge backrowers... outside of Kaufusi's defence

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
That was a truly shameful display for the reputation of the code. Apart from a handful of Blues idiots who will take whatever sort of win they can get and run away with glee, the rest are going to start wondering what it is they're actually watching and how invested they are in it.
Don't worry, the ones who don't support someone like Penrith will be back complaining about it this weekend

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'd have Cotter off the bench again... I think it's too much size to be giving up in this day and age... Patty having to take the second hitup of the game instead of the second prop is pretty telling from that side of things.. shows they don't want Cotter in those first two brutal exchanges. Patty did it game 1 as well.

Have Cotter as the 17 on the bench and Nanai could move out to centre if an injury happens... use his quick feet off the bench.

I think Arrow would've come in at some point, but he's had that shoulder injury all season and right before game 2 selections was the broncos game and he was reeling on the sideline in agony... Feel like Billy isn't sure if he's actually fit or not, because he would be instantly in the team.

Welch I'm not sure about... haven't been paying much attention to Storm games, because they're a slogfest punish again nowadays, but when I've seen him he's often doing his trademark get smashed/driven back but pop an offload to kick start the next guy... just not sure if he's still got it for origin anymore.

I've thought Welch has been fairly solid tbh for the Storm. We just dont have the forwards fit to ignore him i dont reckon. Unless they can get big Papa out of retirement i think we need to look at somebody like him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Haas just made 170m (including 4 offloads), so if Fifi can give qld something similar I’ll cop that
I specifically said defence... Haas is like 120kg, but he never uses that size to sit someone down in defence... Haas and Fifita are not physical in defence... they catch and wrap... won't miss the tackles, but they don't really control the ruck either.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not much to write home about in the second half, the Blues knew they had the game won so were constantly looking for the big shots and the hero plays. Unsurprisingly, the Maroons received a better whistle and made some effective use of it, but it never felt like they had any momentum.

The Blues just far too good in that first half. Close to the best Origin performance you'll see. Can they reproduce it at Suncorp? How will the Maroons respond?

Also curious to see what the general reaction to Klein is. Obviously die-hard Maroons supporters aren't happy, but will the scoreline and the stats save him?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Haas just made 170m (including 4 offloads), so if Fifi can give qld something similar I’ll cop that

If he doesn't bring that sort of performance in his next Broncos appearance, he can go **** himself.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
I’m long been sick of Origin but 2025 Origin series would shape up as a good one especially the likes of Tino, Flegler(?) & Gilbert would be available.

If injuries are kind, QLD team on paper would match NSW side next year.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
DCE taken out without the ball, no penalty. Holmes tackled without the ball, penalty to NSW. No dummy half for NSW, Carrigan held back by the guy playing the ball, no penalty.

With a game managed performance like that you know Klown is getting game 3. I read somewhere today that the NRL consider Klown their number 1 ref at the moment. You can't make this shit up.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not sold on our forward pack. Just doesn’t compare on paper to NSW. Martin and Crichton are an unreal origin combo. Haas, Yeo, Murray, Spencer. Very solid.

We really miss Tino, Flegler, and even Fifita off the bench.probably even Arrow would’ve added something.

Not sure I’d be selecting Reece over Hammer if both are fit for fullback.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
DCE taken out without the ball, no penalty. Holmes tackled without the ball, penalty to NSW. No dummy half for NSW, Carrigan held back by the guy playing the ball, no penalty.

With a game managed performance like that you know Klown is getting game 3. I read somewhere today that the NRL consider Klown their number 1 ref at the moment. You can't make this shit up.

The NRL’s view of itself has long been at odds with logic.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Not much to write home about in the second half, the Blues knew they had the game won so were constantly looking for the big shots and the hero plays. Unsurprisingly, the Maroons received a better whistle and made some effective use of it, but it never felt like they had any momentum.

The Blues just far too good in that first half. Close to the best Origin performance you'll see. Can they reproduce it at Suncorp? How will the Maroons respond?

Also curious to see what the general reaction to Klein is. Obviously die-hard Maroons supporters aren't happy, but will the scoreline and the stats save him?

There probably wont be that much criticism of Klein because the media is NSW driven.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncosMan
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • thenry
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.