2024 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
The amount of grub and fuckery against the spirit of the game was a bad look tonight. Ref lost control of the game because he didn't step in earlier. Madge got what he wanted tonight from the ref bleating after game 1 they were hard done by because of the send off. Klein is a fucking idiot and shouldn't be anywhere near the major games that are the cornerstones of the NRL.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
We don't need many changes if any. Cobbo back in and fifita for capewell. It's not going to make much of a difference. It's pretty simple. We didn't match the intensity of a desperate team. We held out well the first 3 or 4 sets but Klein kept it going and it was impossible to get the momentum back and then the human nature mindset of having a decider set in about the 3rd try. It's going to be a completely different intensity from QLD. We made some good breaks early. One from Sua especially.

And for ***** sake. When they force a drop out try and get the ball back off a short drop out. You damn well know Klein was going to penalise with 6 agains if it was even 30/70 in the ruck or 10m. Be smarter. Just dumb.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not much to write home about in the second half, the Blues knew they had the game won so were constantly looking for the big shots and the hero plays. Unsurprisingly, the Maroons received a better whistle and made some effective use of it, but it never felt like they had any momentum.

The Blues just far too good in that first half. Close to the best Origin performance you'll see. Can they reproduce it at Suncorp? How will the Maroons respond?

Also curious to see what the general reaction to Klein is. Obviously die-hard Maroons supporters aren't happy, but will the scoreline and the stats save him?
No idea what you're talking about... Klown was basically riding Qld all night... just look at the stats

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The amount of grub and fuckery against the spirit of the game was a bad look tonight. Ref lost control of the game because he didn't step in earlier. Madge got what he wanted tonight from the ref bleating after game 1 they were hard done by because of the send off. Klein is a fucking idiot and shouldn't be anywhere near the major games that are the cornerstones of the NRL.
The "cornerstones" of the game are completely manufactured nowadays... basically selling us on nostalgia at this point

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Seriously, if Ashley Klein is the ref the NRL want to hold up as the "best they can offer" than any sort of cynicism is more than warranted.

I would dearly love to know if Peter V'landys followed a single second of Rugby League before becoming CEO. He makes Dave Smith look like a visionary.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
There probably wont be that much criticism of Klein because the media is NSW driven.
They'll be ****-a-hoot but I'm curious once things die down how the media will reflect on the performance.

It would have been one of the early 2010s series, where even after the Blues won, it was largely agreed that the refs let way too much go and one of the officials had to fall on their sword.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I need somebody to explain to me why they didn't do a short drop out after those first 4 sets when Klein was riding them bareback. Cherry Evans kicked it 40m down the field and they scored in 3 plays. Looked better defensively on the line. You have Coates on To'o ffs. This isn't the fucking Broncos. Try and get the ball back. Completely changes the momentum if you do.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The decider will be a very different contest. The refs will put the whistle away.

This side can still win, but they need to fix their starts and their discipline.

We should have lost by 50 tonight considering how much NSW dominated.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
The "cornerstones" of the game are completely manufactured nowadays... basically selling us on nostalgia at this point
It's just an incredibly frustrating game to watch these days. You're at the mercy of the ref and how he decides to ref the game on the night. And don't get me started on the bunker. That experiment should have ended years ago. Just can't fathom how they come up with some of their decisions. If I hadn't have been watching the fucking game for the last 45+ years, I would have walked years ago.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I need somebody to explain to me why they didn't do a short drop out after those first 4 sets when Klein was riding them bareback. Cherry Evans kicked it 40m down the field and they scored in 3 plays. Looked better defensively on the line. You have Coates on To'o ffs. This isn't the fucking Broncos. Try and get the ball back. Completely changes the momentum if you do.
Considering DCE went well out of his way to get it over to Coates on the right wing I'd say they didn't trust our left edge of Taulagi up against Crichton and Lomax.

DCE looked extremely uncomfortable sending it right as well... was a short stabbing kick.

Walsh would need to do the short drop outs in that sense... and his boot was off all night anyway ... kicked two out on the full off kick offs and the second kick of the night was looking like it was heading that way as well.

I was thinking the same as you that it wouldn't matter going deep because Klown would give a third tackle six again and you're no better off... just didn't look like they wanted to go for it though

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Howie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lurker
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Manofoneway
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Old Mate
  • Organix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bronx48
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 71 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.