2025 Pre-season discussion. Alas poor Kevvie.

Great news. Hopefully the same deal for origin this year. Outside of patty and Haas none of the others should be anywhere near a rep side.
If Walsh, Mam and Cobbo aren't pressing their cases we won't be flying that high. I'd like to hear Mozer's name floated too, if Hunt retires or Grant is out, but I suspect Plath has his nose well in front there.

Was he in or just ruled out?

Cameron Murray has earnt a spot in the pack, while Nathan Cleary (shoulder) and Kotoni Staggs (quadriceps) have been ruled out along with Storm Grand Final star Cameron Munster.

That`s what Fox sports had to say .
Ambiguous I guess . But those other guys would be automatic selections , so, as he is grouped together with them. I read it as would have been selected if fit ?

That`s what Fox sports had to say .
Ambiguous I guess . But those other guys would be automatic selections , so, as he is grouped together with them. I read it as would have been selected if fit ?
I guess he's the incumbent so being unavailable would be newsworthy, but I'd have been astonished if he kept his place.

Riki in the NZ squad.

So that's another player with a shortened pre-season.

Piakura and Willison likely for Cook Islands.
Piakura would be wise to give it a miss given his form and injuries.

Willison is in a contract year and has an injury history as well, I'd be recommending against it as well if I was his manager. Also, was he not a candidate for the nz team? Hopefully him not getting picked for nz shows us how ridiculous it would be for us to pay $500,000 for him.

Piakura would be wise to give it a miss given his form and injuries.

Willison is in a contract year and has an injury history as well, I'd be recommending against it as well if I was his manager. Also, was he not a candidate for the nz team? Hopefully him not getting picked for nz shows us how ridiculous it would be for us to pay $500,000 for him.

Your bias is showing there bro .
Yesterday he wasn`t even as good as Joe Offa . Now he`s not worth the money because he didn`t get selected for En Zed .

Palpatine

@Lockysillegitimatechild
The Kiwi 2nd rowers are Papalii and Sorenson with Riki as back up .
Could you honestly pick Willison in front of Papalii and Sorenson ?

@Lockysillegitimatechild
The Kiwi 2nd rowers are Papalii and Sorenson with Riki as back up .
Could you honestly pick Willison in front of Papalii and Sorenson ?

Or get a spot in front of JFH and Tapine in the front row .
Whyte from the Roosters will probably play lock .
Willison is good but not that good yet .

Xavier Willison -22 Years Of Age

2024 - 19 Games, 3 Tries, 38 Tackle Breaks, 104m Avg, 3 Offloads, 22.7 Tackles Avg

Joe Ofahengaue - 22 Years Of Age

2017 - 16 Games, 1 Try, 15 Tackle Breaks, 100m Avg, 1 Offload, 21.2 Tackles Average

Joe's best year would come the following year where he was voted player's player and his stats looked like:

2018 - 24 Games, 3 Tries, 37 Tackle Breaks, 117.2m Avg, 3 Offloads, 27.2 Tackles Average

Then again, I think the point is being misconstrued.

The way that I read it:

1. While Willison is an exciting prospect, hopefully the club doesn't get lulled into paying on potential. We all saw with Joe Ofahengaue how quickly young players can plateau.

2. Hopefully being omitted from the New Zealand squad drives down Willison's price and makes him more affordable.

It just becomes a question of what's a reasonable price? $700K? $600K? Anything over $500K?

I would not be shocked at all if a club comes in with a 3 year $2 million contract.

Hopefully being omitted from the New Zealand squad drives down Willison's price and makes him more affordable.

JFH and Tapine are veterans in pretty good form .
Whyte and Willison I could debate .Erin Clark always seems to have a blinder against the Broncos so that`s the only times I`ve really taken note of him . But all the better if he gets more training before next season . He seemed to lose a step in running pace at seasons end .
Will he be selected for the Maori All Stars again where he 1st showed off what he is capable of before the season started .Then people were questioning Kevvie`s non selection of Willison in 1sts.
Because as far as I can remember he got suspended in the last game of this season ?

700K ? The salary cap increases each year by how much ?

I forgot the thread which i saw news on frank ponissi and Peter Parr being shortlsited is this for Season 25? anyone able to share that where they got this news from.
Source and maybe the article.

I forgot the thread which i saw news on frank ponissi and Peter Parr being shortlsited is this for Season 25? anyone able to share that where they got this news from.
Source and maybe the article.
I just heard Chammas say it on this podcast, around 16 minute mark

Can’t find the article anywhere though

Unread

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • bronx89
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Griffo
  • YeahNahMate
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • Dreaglor
  • Gaz
  • phoenix
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.