2025 Pre-season discussion. Longer, harder: 6-12, 18 weeks. Reconnecting.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kevvie:

“Yeah, I just need some time now to fix the place up.”​
“That’s what the next two or three days will be about over the weekend and into the review. Find out, talk to the players, talk to the other coaches. I’ve got some opinions myself, but I’ll just keep my emotions in check just at the moment and we’ll get through the weekend and get our review started on Monday.”​
“We’ve got enough talent here. We had five guys, five of our starters. We had four million dollars sitting on the sidelines tonight. I’m not sure if anyone realised that, but that’s not, that’s one, you know, we need to be better as a group and as a club than what we were tonight. We know we’ve got the talent, and talent comes through with the attack, but it’s the mindset with defence where we need to get a whole lot better, and that’ll be our first port of call.”​
“It’s not acceptable what happened this year, but we’ll do a full review and get some positive answers and then start working on them.”​
“We’ve got to go a lot deeper than that to find out, you know, particularly around our defence. That’s what the next, you know, six to twelve, eighteen weeks are about is reconnecting that affinity with the club and the pride that you need to have when you’re wearing the jersey. Regardless of who’s in, who’s out, yeah, that’s part of everyone’s role. You know, everyone’s job is to fix that up and we’ll do that in the pre-season."​
"We’ll get a longer pre-season which is going to be beneficial for us certainly.”​
“I honestly believe that the talent is inside the building. We’ve just got to get that talent all working together in the right direction. We’ve shown we’ve done it before and we’ll do it again.”​

Tbh I think that kevvie wants a "premiership winning strat" which is why he didn't use last year's strat, cuz it didn't win a premier, but by the looks of it, I think hes rethinking his life choices 😭😭😭

Kevin hasn’t found an answer to anything all season.

Boohoo, you had injuries. So did Penrith and Melbourne, neither of them forgot how to catch a ball, carry a ball or make a tackle.

You haven’t had the guts all season to even hook a player that I recall, let alone drop anyone.

Accountability is non-existent Kevin and you live in absolute fairyland if you think your “pride in the jersey” garbage is going to fix anything.

Accountability is non-existent Kevin and you live in absolute fairyland if you think your “pride in the jersey” garbage is going to fix anything.

Have a watch of this little snippet .
Old Madgey is screaming at the Wests Tigers players about pride in the jersey .He takes it to another level . Tells them they are the jersey . LOL .

Like screw the jersey, it changes every other week.

Just play system footy like the good teams.

Zero pride in the jersey, we're a free 4 points every season to Melbourne. Not just is the old aura gone, its been replaced by something else. Something not good.

Kevin hasn’t found an answer to anything all season.

Boohoo, you had injuries. So did Penrith and Melbourne, neither of them forgot how to catch a ball, carry a ball or make a tackle.

You haven’t had the guts all season to even hook a player that I recall, let alone drop anyone.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻well put

Have a watch of this little snippet .
Old Madgey is screaming at the Wests Tigers players about pride in the jersey .He takes it to another level . Tells them they are the jersey . LOL .

And less than 12 months later was sacked never to coach a club again (so far).

I’m nit sure Kevin is familiar with the adage (or has even heard of the word before) about doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results…

In case you missed it in the coach thread, this spray from Former Brisbane Broncos High Performance Manager Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess was the major bombshell yesterday. It's a must listen.

What's telling is, it got limited attention in the Murdoch press yesterday (CM, Australian - byline Badel & Meyn). But very much tamed down. The focus being on the players being pampered and "yes men."

This is what they left out, and it was the crux of the conversation:

Chopper "loves Kevvie" (we all do) but you really can't compare him to Wayne Bennett, Michael Maguire or Craig Bellamy. "You can't mention him in the same sentence as those three guys."​
He says the Broncos need a change of coach - no hesitation in answering that - and thinks Madge would sort it out.​
At this stage of the news cycle, the prevailing wisdom is to give Kevvie the start of next season, varying from 6-10 weeks as a grace period to right the ship, and if he can't do it, he gets the bullet, with Trent Barrett on standby in his traditional caretaker role. The ONLY replacement candidate being tossed around is Madge, and as far as I can see he's not available in 2025 due to Origin.

For whatever reason, it appears the Broncos board (Murdoch) is not yet ready to put the knife to his throat. He's still under protection.

In case you missed it in the coach thread, this spray from Former Brisbane Broncos High Performance Manager Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess was the major bombshell yesterday. It's a must listen.

What's telling is, it got limited attention in the Murdoch press yesterday (CM, Australian - byline Badel & Meyn). But very much tamed down. The focus being on the players being pampered and "yes men."

Chopper "loves Kevvie" (we all do) but you really can't compare him to Wayne Bennett, Michael Maguire or Craig Bellamy. "You can't mention him in the same sentence as those three guys."​
He says the Broncos need a change of coach - no hesitation in answering that - and thinks Madge would sort it out.​
At this stage of the news cycle, the prevailing wisdom is to give Kevvie the start of next season, varying from 6-10 weeks as a grace period to right the ship, and if he can't do it, he gets the bullet, with Trent Barrett on standby in his traditional caretaker role. The ONLY replacement candidate being tossed around is Madge, and as far as I can see he's not available in 2025 due to Origin.

For whatever reason, it appears the Broncos board (Murdoch) is not yet ready to put the knife to his throat. He's still under protection.

So I guess we can stop talking about sacking Kevvie in every single thread then if it is clearly not going to happen.

So I guess we can stop talking about sacking Kevvie in every single thread then if it is clearly not going to happen.
I wouldn't like to say it's not going to happen, only that the higher powers of conflicted interest don't seem to have made that ruling yet. The way these things work is they normally sow the seeds of discontent and see how they bloom. That's happening now.

Suffice to say, he's gone. I don't see the point in dragging this out other than out of some misguided sense of respect to a club legend everyone loves.

Cobbo, Walsh, Staggs, Mozer, and Willison are all free to sign elsewhere in 2 months time. Club might be holding its cards close it it’s chest until they get some signatures sorted.

Cobbo, Walsh, Staggs, Mozer, and Willison are all free to sign elsewhere in 2 months time. Club might be holding its cards close it it’s chest until they get some signatures sorted.
Good point. We might be in a Hunt/Griffin Fifita/Tino/Holbrook situation or the converse.

And less than 12 months later was sacked never to coach a club again (so far).

I’m nit sure Kevin is familiar with the adage (or has even heard of the word before) about doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results…

Thanks for renforcing the point .
Lots of calls for Madge . To come and kick some arses . And lots of criticism of Kevvie calling for pride in the jersey . Same shit , different toilet .

Active Now

• Santa
  • Bish
  • marw
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Pablo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Maddy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • GCBRONCO
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.