2025 Pre-season discussion. Longer, harder: 6-12, 18 weeks. Reconnecting.

Yep, I guess we are just pretending Gamble and Mam are figments of our imagination?
We had a certain A.MIlford in the halves mix as well....... most of us were still praying we'd see some value for our "miiillliioonn dollar man

Gamble, another that had to make way.

Yep, the whole team has made way for Billy.

Its almost like Kevvie wants to bring through the gun kids correctly in Walsh, Mam and Walters and has stop gaps in their way.

But what am I talking about, this is inconvenient with the pile on for Kevvie and Billy. How dare I talk sense.

Yep, the whole team has made way for Billy.

Its almost like Kevvie wants to bring through the gun kids correctly in Walsh, Mam and Walters and has stop gaps in their way.

But what am I talking about, this is inconvenient with the pile on for Kevvie and Billy. How dare I talk sense.
Walters is 30. By the time kev has brought him through correctly it'll be retirement time.

Not at all. Walsh is the most marketable face in the NRL. He brings bums to seats. His value to the club at the business level extends beyond the field. Journalists are merely conduits between the club and the fans. All parties use each other for their own benefit. But obviously, journalists can become vindictive pricks so trying to point-score or embarrass them is a loser's hand.
I think with access fans have to his social media in 2024, it’s hardly essential for him to do those pressers where, lets be real, Pete Badel specifically is just looking for something to take out of context especially when it comes to Walsh.

I mean just look at how he’s framed in this article currently. Yes, the only one that benefits from those pressers are the journos. Why from a clubs perspective should we feed them noise. We should try be as boring as possible (e.g Jensen, Kobe).

If it’s so essential for him to promote the game through interviews like you are eluding too, why not just get the club media person to interview him and post it on the website. At least that way he won’t be caught in a “gotchya” question from the journos

Considerably saltier opinion piece bylined Badel & Meyn in today's CM than Badel's interview on SEN. Assume this is Meyn not Badel, after Kevvie snapped at him in the last press conference:

* Walsh a "magnificent talent ... could become one of Brisbane’s greatest ever players, but needs strong leadership." Described by "insiders" as “moody” and “highly strung”. Aadored by fans, but staff "terrified of offending him." Only did one in-season presser despite massive marketability. Regularly palms the obligation to the likes of Corey Jensen and Kobe Hetherington. Bagged for warming up shirtless.​
* Club "gone to sleep" on recruitment. Fortunate to be gifted Walsh back. Butchering Tom Dearden indictment on club. Failed to replace last years defectors. Yet to recruit anyone new for 2025. Not a bad young roster, but don't seem to be searching for new talent to evolve the squad. Unlike Panthers, Storm etc.​
*Kev & Donuts spend past 3 days interviewing squad. Composition problematic - four hookers, no enforcer, no Reyno successor, pay distribution unbalanced. Spending 2.2m on spine, compare to Melbourne's 3.77m. Need to throw the bank at Sam Walker. Could release Staggs or Cobbo. No club has two centre/wingers on big money.​
*Donuts should headhunt Cam Smith as head of football. Pushes his case. Would command respect from players. Club misses Ikin's skill set. Walters must focus purely on coaching. Walters hire Joe McDermott "lacks the pedigree and gravitas to make a mark."​
* Board needs overhaul. Names Glenn Lazarus or Michael De Vere as potential seats.​
* Walters missed finals three of four years. Now make or break. Did great job in 2021 rebuilding. Friction in coaching ranks this year. Chance to "shake things up" with fresh assistants Trent Barrett, who has a terrible head coaching record, and emerging Ben Te’o. Walters will live or die by these appointments. Had few answers to form slump this year, consistently claiming all they needed to do was get the basics and fundamentals right. Which they didn't. NRL more complex than running and tackling hard. Needs to get more technical and trust the likes of Barrett, Te’o, Matt Ballin, Allan Langer and Darius Boyd to help him.​
I only read your summary but it seems spot on

I think with access fans have to his social media in 2024, it’s hardly essential for him to do those pressers where, lets be real, Pete Badel specifically is just looking for something to take out of context especially when it comes to Walsh.

I mean just look at how he’s framed in this article currently. Yes, the only one that benefits from those pressers are the journos. Why from a clubs perspective should we feed them noise. We should try be as boring as possible (e.g Jensen, Kobe).

If it’s so essential for him to promote the game through interviews like you are eluding too, why not just get the club media person to interview him and post it on the website. At least that way he won’t be caught in a “gotchya” question from the journos
Good point but that will mean someone inside the club will have to do some work which is totally unacceptable

Gamble, another that had to make way.
No, that was almost certainly Mam taking his position and Madden taking his backup role.

Before Mam came in Gamble had already displaced Billy from 6 and he was moved to Hooker.

No, that was almost certainly Mam taking his position and Madden taking his backup role.

Before Mam came in Gamble had already displaced Billy from 6 and he was moved to Hooker.
Gamble is a utility that can also play hooker. He can cut a front rower in half in a one on one tackle. Nuff said.

Gamble is a utility that can also play hooker. He can cut a front rower in half in a one on one tackle. Nuff said.
Gamble is a Half that has played a handful of games at Lock, let's be real here.

Gamble is a Half that has played a handful of games at Lock, let's be real here.
Will meet you halfway on that one but Billy had never played hooker, even though kev had "always thought he was one"

Will meet you halfway on that one but Billy had never played hooker, even though kev had "always thought he was one"

Apart from the fact he did at Tigers.

His first game for Tigers he started at Hooker.

Any others? Did he at storm? Serious question btw, I never knew that.
You went from "this is a fact" to "I have no idea" all in the space of 2 posts. I'm honestly kind of impressed.

Maybe let this one go mate?

You went from "this is a fact" to "I have no idea" all in the space of 2 posts. I'm honestly kind of impressed.

Maybe let this one go mate?
If he played 1 game there my point still stands. Gamble has played there too.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.