2025 Pre-season discussion. Longer, harder: 6-12, 18 weeks. Reconnecting.

He spent most of his time at the tigers in reggies. Same with storm. Yet he has played every game possible apart from one(due to being a star apparently) under his father.

He spent most of his time at the tigers in reggies. Same with storm. Yet he has played every game possible apart from one(due to being a star apparently) under his father.
Injured actually.

He played more NRL games than he did NSW Cup games.

6 games at dummy half (2 starting, 4 off the bench) and he started off his QCup career as a dummy half as well.

Injured actually.

He played more NRL games than he did NSW Cup games.

6 games at dummy half (2 starting, 4 off the bench) and he started off his QCup career as a dummy half as well.
So 2 games, ok.

Qcup is reggies too.

So 2 games, ok.

Qcup is reggies too.
6. It wasn't like he didn't come off the bench.

But apparently he had never played hooker although Kevie had always thought of him as one. Did he only start playing football in 2019 then?

6. It wasn't like he didn't come off the bench.

But apparently he had never played hooker although Kevie had always thought of him as one. Did he only start playing football in 2019 then?
Ill meet you halfway as well then, im still calling it 2. Why did he debut there in round 1 and not really get a look in again? Why was he given first shot in our halves if he is a hooker? Why are his stats so skewed once he came here and played under his father? The boy does very, very well when his father is coach.

Ill meet you halfway as well then, im still calling it 2. Why did he debut there in round 1 and not really get a look in again? Why was he given first shot in our halves if he is a hooker? Why are his stats so skewed once he came here and played under his father? The boy does very, very well when his father is coach.
I'm pretty sure your definition of half-way is more like a 20m restart.

Billy was keeping the seat warm for Harry Grant who the Wests Tigers were waiting to bring over from Melbourne on a loan deal. Billy actually played well on his club debut and he was retained on the bench until he was dropped after a disappointing loss to the Titans.

Billy was viewed as a utility who could cover both five eighth and hooker off the bench. If you recall, Adam Reynolds missed the season opener to 2022 due to COVID therefore Billy was selected at 6. When Reynolds returned, Billy played the interchange utility role, where he came on for Turpin.

Billy does do very well under Kev, but it pays to get your facts straight. 'Never played hooker' except when he started in QCup and at the Wests Tigers where he deputised for the future Australian #9.

Billy was viewed as a utility who could cover both dummy half and hooker off the bench. If you recall, Adam Reynolds missed the season opener to 2022 due to COVID therefore Billy was selected at 6. When Reynolds returned, Billy played the interchange utility role, where he came on for Turpin.
rumour has it he can play number #9 as well.

I strongly agree with it. I was deeply unimpressed at the time - and haven't been impressed since - by Kevvie's grooming of halves. We looked a rabble until Reyno arrived, already the finished product. And Mam has looked natural talent since his first trial, and doesn't seem to have progressed into anything more than impulsive.

Seibold chucked Dearden to the wolves young, but he was up to it for the most part. Kevvie broke him somehow. I don't know how. It took him quite a while at the Cowboys to regain his confidence.

You might remember Macca and his wife billetted best mates Dearden and Coates, treated them like family. Macca got shipped out, Dearden was pissed around, not extended, and ended up signing with the Cowboys. Coates got the shits, did a massive flip after declaring he wanted to be a "Bronco for life" and left to the Storm.
Of course you agree, you wrote it.

Any others? Did he at storm? Serious question btw, I never knew that.
he played two games at Storm in 2019, one starting at 6 and the other at bench replacing Croft.

I think it's fair to say he was a 9/6 type of player coming into Broncos.

Given what he is paid he is playing for value and it's hard to deny and you need that when you have alot of high paid players in our team to balance it all.

I just remembered for the Madge flog them until they beg for mercy cheer squad .

Des Hasler is under inquiry for a player that died during training at Manly .
And Ciraldo and the Dogs have a court case pending regards the having to wrestle 29 men at training incident .

Jackson Topine case will set a precedent of what will be acceptable as far as punishing / flogging players / employees .

The Des / Manly case will cost them a shit ton of money and the life of an employee .

Now put that in your fcking pipe and smoke it .

Disgusting is fucking your sister in a Mt Druitt halfway house.
It is frowned on to criticise the customs, traditions, and culture of others. The family that plays together, stay together. The Panthers are a super tight family unit, and now you know why.

I think it's fair to assume Kevvie isn't getting the boot in the preseason.

Last time there was a major review like this, Steve Walters was out on his arse by September 16. If there's to be any big shakeups, I think they'll be happening now. All the rumbling is about giving Kevvie X number of weeks to right the ship.

As little as we trust the club right now, I think the least of our concerns is Selwyn Cobbo. We don't know what Kevvie's been up to with him. They will know what's going on with him, why he was demoted to the wing, his domestic issues, his saudade, etc. I'm happy to leave this one up to their judgement.

I think it's fair to assume Kevvie isn't getting the boot in the preseason.

Last time there was a major review like this, Steve Walters was out on his arse by September 16. If there's to be any big shakeups, I think they'll be happening now. All the rumbling is about giving Kevvie X number of weeks to right the ship.

As little as we trust the club right now, I think the least of our concerns is Selwyn Cobbo. We don't know what Kevvie's been up to with him. They will know what's going on with him, why he was demoted to the wing, his domestic issues, his saudade, etc. I'm happy to leave this one up to their judgement.

Earlier in the season there was talk Cobbo was not happy about playing with pain killing injections .
Then a cpl of weeks later he had another injury to his hand and they strapped it up like a mummy and he carried on . Looked very uncomfortable and not enthused .
He also seemed to me to be carrying a leg or groin injury .No acceleration . He is a fcken lot faster and more powerful runner when he is fit .

I`ll roll out that old cliche again .
There is more to this

FWIW, Selwyn's best position is wing, all he needed to do is fucking stay out there rather than 20m in.

Earlier in the season there was talk Cobbo was not happy about playing with pain killing injections .
Then a cpl of weeks later he had another injury to his hand and they strapped it up like a mummy and he carried on . Looked very uncomfortable and not enthused .
He also seemed to me to be carrying a leg or groin injury .No acceleration . He is a fcken lot faster and more powerful runner when he is fit .

I`ll roll out that old cliche again .
There is more to this
Yeah, might need to send a mole into the camp to get the inside on this. Shame this board only has pretenders and liars.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • john1420
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Gympie devil
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • upthebroncs
  • Elcapitano20
  • Gaz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • azza.79
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Tristan1990
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.