Fullback
Cobbo, Walsh, Arthars,

Centre
Staggs, Mariner, Arthars, Cobbo, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Arthars, Leota, Hoeter

ETHNO MAP

QLD
Ben Te Kura, Billy Walters, Blake Mozer, Brendan Piakura, Coby Black, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Israel Leota, Jack Gosiewski, Jaiyden Hunt, Josh Rogers, Kobe Hetherington, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyson Smoothy

NZ
Deine Mariner, Brendan Piakura, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Xavier Willison, Marty Taupau

NSW
Adam Reynolds, Fletcher Baker, Jock Madden, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas

Indigenous
Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga
Kotoni Staggs, Delouise Hoeter,

Samoa
Jesse Arthars, Payne Haas, Marty Taupau

Cook Islands
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

The more I read opinions on this, the more I want Capewell to see out his contract while the coaches tweak the next generation. Despite universal expectations otherwise, and widespread apathy, Palasia was denied and that surprisingly turned out pretty well for us.

But if he does leave immediately - which at this point seems inevitable (again) - unlike last season, I have faith the coaching staff and administration knows what it's doing. I think 2023 awarded them that benefit of the doubt.

I guess it's down to Moneyball at this point.
So true.

I have complete faith that no matter what we do DD and scanlan have thought it through and will make the right decision.

The storm were always great at moving on from back rowers at the right time. While at the moment I would rather keep Capewell, I can also see a world where we are praising the coaching staff/administration for playing their cards perfectly.

I remember when Sam Thaiday wasn't going to get another contract with the Broncos and ended up getting several extensions. Alot can happen to a playing roster and our salary cap in 12 months, I think Capewell should run the gauntlet, stick it out and see what happens next year.

We have lost FOUR top 17 players to re-sign our players after ONE good season.
I could name about 20 out of the last 25 PREMIERS who have lost less then that due to one good year.
No doubt Sydney fans will be going on about us re-signing players and cheating the cap. It is complete and utter bs the amount of juggling we do because of the media talking up our players and getting their deals increased. The salary cap is a rort.

That's one highly experienced player too many to lose when trying to go one better next season. Who will be Mam's protector in D plus has the same experience on the edge attack & defence that Reyno can count on in tight games. Maybe its to much caffeine today but I already have the jitters abut next year.

That's one highly experienced player too many to lose when trying to go one better next season. Who will be Mam's protector in D plus has the same experience on the edge attack & defence that Reyno can count on in tight games. Maybe its to much caffeine today but I already have the jitters abut next year.
The problem is not so much having a protector - I'm confident the young fellas will aim up there - the issue is the strife they will get into. Capes knows how to be aggressive within the confines of good tough footy. Brendan has shown his aggression can get him into hot water real fast.

In fairness, Capes' defense went to mud this year at times and glaringly so in the most important game of the year.

In fairness, Capes' defense went to mud this year at times and glaringly so in the most important game of the year.
I know he probably had a big influence on professionalism for the younger guys which is a big positive. but a lot of games he would be the lowest ranked for runs taken and metres gained.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Maroon4life
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.