CRICKET 24/25 Queensland Bulls

In terms of the test series, there has to be a lot of concern around the Aussie bats. I know for some this is their first or second game in ages but they all look out of form except Carey.

In terms of the test series, there has to be a lot of concern around the Aussie bats. I know for some this is their first or second game in ages but they all look out of form except Carey.
They need to make the call on Smith. Get some youth into the team. Khawaja at the very end of his career too but at least he is batting a bit better.

Yep. Big worries about Usman at 38yo against Bumrah, and Smith has gone totally haywire. Green is a big loss.

Clayton has had a decent old start to his career. Hopefully he can push on

Clayton has had a decent old start to his career. Hopefully he can push on

If he can start converting even one of these scores into daddy hundreds as they call them, he'll be away. The talent is there, just finds ways to get himself out. A bit like McSweeney to be honest.

Piersen given out, seems pretty unlucky, looked to be a gap between bat and ball.

If he can start converting even one of these scores into daddy hundreds as they call them, he'll be away. The talent is there, just finds ways to get himself out. A bit like McSweeney to be honest.
I think McSweeney is a lot closer to clicking but none the less I think those 2 are the 2 middle/top order bats that Australia need to come on a bit in this and potentially next shield season to pick up some very clear slack that’s going to be left by the current continingents. I think the Aussie batting side now is in a position where the lack of pressure on there positions, lack of hunger and relaxed environment created by Cummins and McDonald has probably caused the spiral in quality in the Australian team in the batting of late. The only saving grace is the rest of world cricket has declined in the same area so they haven’t had to worry about it.

Konstas, Carey, Inglis and McSweeney the pick of the bats by some margin so far this year. Harris and Handscomb doing decently as always but nothing to bother going back there. Connolly, Phillipe, Davies, Clayton and Hunt showing glimpses that they might be able to provide something in the nearish future if it all just clicks a bit.

Interesting to watch that Carey and Inglis battle cause I have seen enough of Carey to know for fact that this purple patch of form is not going to translate to the test arena against India. I think Inglis is someone we should be keen to really force into that side but you just can’t justify it when Carey is playing just as well. Just another year this bloke is somehow gonna manage to keep Inglis out of a red ball gig. His talents are gonna be wasted very soon if we can’t sneak him in somewhere.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • BooKhaki
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.