27,000 Members!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos Crack 27000 Members For First Time - Broncos

It's now at 27,017. Hopefully the memberships keep rising and we take over the Rabbitohs as the club with the most amount of members, the way it should be..

It's funny how performances can change things. When I became a platinum member, I was able to get one straight away. Usually you have to be a member for at least a year and renew your membership to a platinum membership, but they were desperate for members so they sold them anyway.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What an effort.

I think the club has done a really good job of promoting memberships as a worthwhile purchase. I thought the members only fan day in particular was a fantastic initiative and it really made becoming a fan a worthwhile endeavour. I hope they keep that tradition alive and more fans get out to it.

I also think the packages are really enticing. At $75, the Awesome Foursome deal was just too good to pass up and while it seems like I've been treated to some pretty sketchy performances, there is no denying that the best place to watch footy is at the game.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
What an effort.

I think the club has done a really good job of promoting memberships as a worthwhile purchase. I thought the members only fan day in particular was a fantastic initiative and it really made becoming a fan a worthwhile endeavour. I hope they keep that tradition alive and more fans get out to it.

I also think the packages are really enticing. At $75, the Awesome Foursome deal was just too good to pass up and while it seems like I've been treated to some pretty sketchy performances, there is no denying that the best place to watch footy is at the game.
It's good to see you turned around mate! :takdir:

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
It's now at 27,017. Hopefully the memberships keep rising and we take over the Rabbitohs as the club with the most amount of members, the way it should be...

Souths deserve some (not a lot as I can't stand them) credit as they have a host of other teams to compete with. Is this another example of an unearned advantage with us being a one team town? I wonder how our numbers would stack up with a second Brisbane team.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's good to see you turned around mate! :takdir:

Aye.

This is the first time I've had a bit of cash so of course I've got to jump all over it. It just helps that the club is offering some great incentives to be a member - for that reason alone I think White is doing a great job.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Souths deserve some (not a lot as I can't stand them) credit as they have a host of other teams to compete with. Is this another example of an unearned advantage with us being a one team town? I wonder how our numbers would stack up with a second Brisbane team.

I suspect it'd become a tribal rivalry and numbers would increase TBH.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
**** that's an awesome deal if get 4 games, do you get cheap merchandise with it as well?

Previous years I've held interstate membership for the Raiders cost about $70, 2 tickets to 1 away game and some merchandise.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
**** that's an awesome deal if get 4 games, do you get cheap merchandise with it as well?

Previous years I've held interstate membership for the Raiders cost about $70, 2 tickets to 1 away game and some merchandise.

Aye, you better believe I wave my rally towel with pride. :laugh:

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The rally towel, one of the worst ideas ever.

I like their new Awesome Foursome + Origin package. A bit pricey, though.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
The rally towel, one of the worst ideas ever.

I like their new Awesome Foursome + Origin package. A bit pricey, though.

Haters gonna hate!

BP, was the $75 for general admission or did they do a special after the season started? Paid about $160 for my Awesome Foursome., with allocated seating.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
rally towel was and is stupid.

they just need to focus on basic chants at the games. it gets the crowd up and involved and helps pump up the players when they need it.

became a non ticketed member this year, just to add a +1 to our tally. still inconvenient for me to buy a ticketed membership due to family and friends picking and choosing what games they want to go to.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
GA, which has been handy since things vary from game to game.

Totally agree on the towel, mate. It's like people don't even understand fun anymore. :P

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
GA, which has been handy since things vary from game to game.

yeah that was an option but i dont particularly like the corners. plus, even though it sounds weird, i like to know what seat im in before getting to the game. also, certain family members come to two or three games a year and for those games we buy maroon seats/etc/etc. for round two i bought 12 tickets... so its generally better for everyone involved to know what seats theyre in... haha

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
yeah that was an option but i dont particularly like the corners. plus, even though it sounds weird, i like to know what seat im in before getting to the game. also, certain family members come to two or three games a year and for those games we buy maroon seats/etc/etc. for round two i bought 12 tickets... so its generally better for everyone involved to know what seats theyre in... haha
GA is not corners, it's pretty much the whole second tier behind the goals on Caxton side.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
The rally towel is bigger this year, isn't it? I wave mine with pride. Someone spilt beer all over it when I had it on the ground, and when we scored, I picked it up and whipped it back, shooting all the beer all over the people behind me. In my defence, they had spilt the beer so...

This is my third year as a Broncos member, and my second as a Gold one. My seats are awesome, and even though in the period of me being a member our performances have been spotty to say the least, I love the atmosphere. Being at the game in my opinion is unreal.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
The rally towel is bigger this year, isn't it? I wave mine with pride. Someone spilt beer all over it when I had it on the ground, and when we scored, I picked it up and whipped it back, shooting all the beer all over the people behind me. In my defence, they had spilt the beer so...

This is my third year as a Broncos member, and my second as a Gold one. My seats are awesome, and even though in the period of me being a member our performances have been spotty to say the least, I love the atmosphere. Being at the game in my opinion is unreal.

Absolutely with you on game atmosphere. I've never been committed to a team before the Broncos, and it was my first live game that got me behind them. Nothing like getting behind your team and giving the opposition an earful.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
They still counting non ticketed in this shit? I'd prefer to see numbers that only count those who go to games. Can't imagine the Rabbitohs winning it then.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

I can't tell if this a serious post or not

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.