NEWS A quick chat with Adam Reynolds

Adam Reynolds can barely wait to escape the slums of South Sydney and walk tall in Brisbane:

“I just wanted a new challenge for myself and my family. The Broncos deserve to be back at the top. It is a powerhouse club. They have a great supporter base and are a proud club with a lot of history. A lot of hard work and sacrifice has to go in to get there first. It is such a proud club that has been starved of finals footy for a couple of years.”

“I had some chats with Wayne and I leant on him for a bit of advice. He just said to be happy with whatever decision you go with. He had nothing but good things to say about the Broncos, which probably made my decision easier. It was a big decision at the time and having him in my corner is something I am grateful for."

“I just see joining the Broncos as a new challenge. If I had stayed in Sydney, it probably would have been the same stuff day-in and day-out and hanging with the same group of mates. On the field I am going to be excited about working with a new team and trying to take them from one place to another. On the other side of things it is good for the family to get out of our comfort zone and experience another side of life in Brisbane. It is a new challenge and I am looking forward to it.”

Screen17835082 1827632817487779 7159029574905797221 o

Now let's take a look at that bunny

“Payne Haas is the future of the game. He is one of the factors why I did sign at the club and it will be good to play alongside him in the future.”

“I will have a chat to ‘Kevvie’ about the captaincy when I get to the Broncos. I am purely focused on trying to do a job at Souths first and then whatever happens, happens. There are a lot of great young players that could fill that role and it depends which way Kevvie wants to go.”

“I am extremely driven. I think Wayne and I have got a great relationship. I love spending time with people with a lot of knowledge and Wayne has got a lot of knowledge. He has got a great personality. We have worked extremely hard at Souths on perfecting things. I want to win the premiership every year. It’s hard to do. There is a bit of luck and a lot of hard work that goes into it all. But there are no excuses for us. We have put ourselves in a great position to do it and it is about us making the most of our opportunities now."

"The club is in great hands. Souths have some fantastic kids coming through. All I wanted to do coming into first grade was to leave the jersey in a better place and I’d like to think I’ve done that. I think they should carry on that trend. If they can take that No.7 jersey and leave Souths in a better place, then my job is done.”

Wayne Bennett insists Adam's no injury magnet:

“It’s rubbish. Adam is not on modified training at Souths, it’s a bloody furphy. He doesn’t have hamstring problems, or issues with his back, knees or achilles. I’m his coach so I know Adam better than most. Injuries are a part of the game but he is no more injury-prone than anyone else. I don’t see why Adam can’t play on for several years. He will fit in fine at the Broncos. He is not a big mouth. He doesn’t talk a lot of rubbish. He is the ultimate professional, he will be perfect for the Broncos, no doubt about that.”

McHunt

What is wrong with stating a fact? I also didn’t say it had the best in the world or better than Brisbane or anything like that. It’s almost like if you say something positive about Melbourne you must be a brainwashed local.

Brisbane also has great coffee.
I fear I’m heading down the Huge path here, but…

It’s not fact, it’s your opinion.

Sure, some places in Melbourne have great coffee, but I don’t know how you can declare as fact that “Melbourne has great coffee everywhere”.

For instance; a lot of my wife’s family live in Melbourne and have done so for their entire lives. Of all the places they recommended as “fantastic coffee” when we were there last, I’d say at least half of them were shit.

So one thing I know as absolute fact: what constitutes great coffee is 100% opinion.

And oh yeh, Adam Reynolds.

I fear I’m heading down the Huge path here, but…

It’s not fact, it’s your opinion.

Sure, some places in Melbourne have great coffee, but I don’t know how you can declare as fact that “Melbourne has great coffee everywhere”.

For instance; a lot of my wife’s family live in Melbourne and have done so for their entire lives. Of all the places they recommended as “fantastic coffee” when we were there last, I’d say at least half of them were shit.

So one thing I know as absolute fact: what constitutes great coffee is 100% opinion.

And oh yeh, Adam Reynolds.

I honestly don’t care enough to die on this hill anyway. If your family wants to take you to 7/11 that’s their choice.

I honestly don’t care enough to die on this hill anyway. If your family wants to take you to 7/11 that’s their choice.
Pump the breaks mate. You asked the question, all I did was answer it. If you can’t be bothered, why ask?

Also, don’t make half-smart remarks about people’s family.

I know it’s meant to be a lol and I’m not offended, but I just think you and this place are better than inferring someone’s family are uncultured simpletons.

Pump the breaks mate. You asked the question, all I did was answer it. If you can’t be bothered, why ask?

Also, don’t make half-smart remarks about people’s family.

I know it’s meant to be a lol and I’m not offended, but I just think you and this place are better than inferring someone’s family are uncultured simpletons.

Fair point, I thought it was clear it was a joke but I do find this post a bit ironic. You are saying half the places your wife's family recommended for coffee was trash (different word to yours), essentially implying Victorians and your own family don't know what good coffee is, essentially you calling your own family uncultured simpletons. The fact is, if a Victorian is recommending a place as being great for coffee, it generally is and no, I am not a Victorian.

Fair point, I thought it was clear it was a joke but I do find this post a bit ironic. You are saying half the places your wife's family recommended for coffee was trash (different word to yours), essentially implying Victorians and your own family don't know what good coffee is, essentially you calling your own family uncultured simpletons. The fact is, if a Victorian is recommending a place as being great for coffee, it generally is and no, I am not a Victorian.
Yes, it was clear it was a joke, I do believe I said as much. But I’m honestly just not a fan of making jokes about people’s families. Take shots at me all you like. Maybe I’m just a little sensitive, I don’t know. But I’m just being me.

That aside, either I haven’t explained it clearly, you’ve misunderstood or we’re somewhere in the middle.

My point was that just because one person thinks a coffee is great, another may not. There is no rule book that sets out what is right and wrong.

I certainly wasn’t calling anyone anything, rather, simply trying to convey it really is subjective.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Adam Reynolds, so I’ll stop rambling now.

Yes, it was clear it was a joke, I do believe I said as much. But I’m honestly just not a fan of making jokes about people’s families. Take shots at me all you like. Maybe I’m just a little sensitive, I don’t know. But I’m just being me.

That aside, either I haven’t explained it clearly, you’ve misunderstood or we’re somewhere in the middle.

My point was that just because one person thinks a coffee is great, another may not. There is no rule book that sets out what is right and wrong.

I certainly wasn’t calling anyone anything, rather, simply trying to convey it really is subjective.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Adam Reynolds, so I’ll stop rambling now.

Maybe Adam Reynolds is a coffee connoisseur? Let's go with that.

Which can only mean he chose the state with the best coffee for his next 3 years, so that settles that debate.
Might of went out with Kev for a coffee and that got him over the line

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Porthoz
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.