Adam Blair

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
**** me, every player who seems to play a little footy and be good at it is a broncos fan and therefor we missed out on their signatures. MONEY TALKS BULLSHIT WALKS. You can only offer these kids so much money before your money runs out. Teams like the Storm and Roosters just cherry pick from the talent of others by throwing money at them.
So on this analogy is simple, there is a gun half that is 16 right now, do we **** Milford off now to accommodate his signature? If you were the coach, would you make this decision? We would forever have a team full of kids if you did because hey that kids going to be a gun so we need to **** off the bloke in his position now because he tore up the 20s so therefor, its a no brainer he tears up first grade. Just because they were born in QLD doesn't mean they all belong to the Broncos. Or does that mean anyone born in NSW automatically should have been an Eel or a Panther?
That and half of these players (especially the Storm boys) have no idea what its like to play in a big market team. The Storm are a piss ant team in Melbourne who no one gives a **** about. Smith, Slater & Cronk could all walk down the main strip of Lygon Street and barely get recognised. They do that anywhere in QLD and they would be swamped immediately. Its the same for the AFL in Sydney and Brisbane.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I think what he means is we should have made keeping him a priority. Thaiday has stayed a year too long and Wallace has gone on to star in State of Origin.

He was made a priority but we were priced out of his signature. Do you honestly think that this time last year when he signed with them, you would have paid him 700k a year?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
**** Lodge. Blairs better than him. Stop looking so far into QLD cup games. Blair would rip the QLD cup to shreds if he played in it. Its not hard.

Easy princess! Wasn't saying anything about blair leaving.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
He was made a priority but we were priced out of his signature. Do you honestly think that this time last year when he signed with them, you would have paid him 700k a year?

No, but it might end up being just another in a long line of missed opportunities, as Sproj said.

Is he on 700k? That's crazy if true, but honestly, we need a top level front rower. Like, it needs to be our number one priority, because that's where we've been lacking. Maybe Lodge can fill that, I don't know. Just another case of 'in retrospect', and I really think Thaiday should make this year his last.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
No, but it might end up being just another in a long line of missed opportunities, as Sproj said.

Is he on 700k? That's crazy if true, but honestly, we need a top level front rower. Like, it needs to be our number one priority, because that's where we've been lacking. Maybe Lodge can fill that, I don't know. Just another case of 'in retrospect', and I really think Thaiday should make this year his last.

He didn't skip out on us for less money that's for sure. The Titans paid him well and he took it.
As for Thaiday, what does moving on a second rower that wouldn't be taking much up in our cap (he would be on the long service cap mainly) going to do for us? Lodge wont even get clearance to play anyways. The NRL have already said no

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
He didn't skip out on us for less money that's for sure. The Titans paid him well and he took it.
As for Thaiday, what does moving on a second rower that wouldn't be taking much up in our cap (he would be on the long service cap mainly) going to do for us? Lodge wont even get clearance to play anyways. The NRL have already said no
They've only said no to this season, yeah? Should be good to go next year if he's kept his nose clean and helped little old ladies across the street.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

Imo, Thaiday is done. Can't perform at an elite level consistently anymore.

Obviously the situation with Lodge has potential to change, but I'm not pinning all our hopes on him.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Imo, Thaiday is done. Can't perform at an elite level consistently anymore.

Obviously the situation with Lodge has potential to change, but I'm not pinning all our hopes on him.

Now he's our hooker sub. Wtf right.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
**** me, every player who seems to play a little footy and be good at it is a broncos fan and therefor we missed out on their signatures. MONEY TALKS BULLSHIT WALKS. You can only offer these kids so much money before your money runs out. Teams like the Storm and Roosters just cherry pick from the talent of others by throwing money at them.
So on this analogy is simple, there is a gun half that is 16 right now, do we **** Milford off now to accommodate his signature? If you were the coach, would you make this decision? We would forever have a team full of kids if you did because hey that kids going to be a gun so we need to **** off the bloke in his position now because he tore up the 20s so therefor, its a no brainer he tears up first grade. Just because they were born in QLD doesn't mean they all belong to the Broncos. Or does that mean anyone born in NSW automatically should have been an Eel or a Panther?
That and half of these players (especially the Storm boys) have no idea what its like to play in a big market team. The Storm are a piss ant team in Melbourne who no one gives a **** about. Smith, Slater & Cronk could all walk down the main strip of Lygon Street and barely get recognised. They do that anywhere in QLD and they would be swamped immediately. Its the same for the AFL in Sydney and Brisbane.

I'm sure that felt really good to blow off some steam and even get a few likes along the way. I love a good rant as much as anyone.

Now, how about you actually go back and read my post without your sweeping generalizations of my comments and make a more objective reply.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 67

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Froosh
  • Canga
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.