AUS FOOTBALL AFL 2024

I agree. Last week had me thinking this and yesterday cemented it. Last week was brutal and they would have been sore and exhausted. Without Andrews as well they would have had every excuse to fall short in a tough Q Clash and no-one would have thought badly of it but this team is different.

It’s even more than that which is even more exciting.

- Gold Coast unbeaten at home this year
- Not just Andrews out but also Payne, Gardiner, Doedee and Joyce - we literally had one sort of tall defender

It’s actually really telling between the Lions and Broncs in the coaching department.

- Both had heart breaking GF losses
- Both have had key injuries to so many players throughout the year
- Both started the season poorly, Lions even worse than Broncs

One of them is now the premiership favourite and sits second on the ladder, the other is out of contention with a month to go

Fagan is a magician.

It’s even more than that which is even more exciting.

- Gold Coast unbeaten at home this year
- Not just Andrews out but also Payne, Gardiner, Doedee and Joyce - we literally had one sort of tall defender

It’s actually really telling between the Lions and Broncs in the coaching department.

- Both had heart breaking GF losses
- Both have had key injuries to so many players throughout the year
- Both started the season poorly, Lions even worse than Broncs

One of them is now the premiership favourite and sits second on the ladder, the other is out of contention with a month to go

Fagan is a magician.
Great points and I forgot about GC being unbeaten at home.

Excellent point about Fagan and I was thinking similar this morning around how similar the Lions and Broncos seasons have been in terms of heartbreaking GF loss, into multiple key injuries but how polar opposites the outcomes have been.

To think I questioned Fagan earlier in the season. He is one hell of a coach!

Great points and I forgot about GC being unbeaten at home.

Excellent point about Fagan and I was thinking similar this morning around how similar the Lions and Broncos seasons have been in terms of heartbreaking GF loss, into multiple key injuries but how polar opposites the outcomes have been.

To think I questioned Fagan earlier in the season. He is one hell of a coach!

He often talks about them being systems based not person based and so they do have a plan to fallback on. The Broncs unfortunately don’t

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but with the swans seeming to be running out of puff, the lions could actually finish as minor premiers.. I mean all winning streaks do tend to stop and we’re probably due a loss before finals but wow, this team really woke up.

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but with the swans seeming to be running out of puff, the lions could actually finish as minor premiers.. I mean all winning streaks do tend to stop and we’re probably due a loss before finals but wow, this team really woke up.

I am petrified of the Hawks and Dogs. Everyone else I'm comfortable we smash.

I am petrified of the Hawks and Dogs. Everyone else I'm comfortable we smash.
At the moment I think it’s out of us and the dockers. But of all teams I hope the hawks don’t sneak into the eight, they’d be a real dark horse.

If they lose a game they could be shoved out of the top 4, it's that tight.

At the moment I think it’s out of us and the dockers. But of all teams I hope the hawks don’t sneak into the eight, they’d be a real dark horse.

There is something about the Dockers that makes me thing they might crumble when the heat is turned up, same as Sydney. The Dogs are primed and we never beat Hawthorn, like even when they sucked and we were good, we still lost. Now they are good as well, I fear them - but they are finals inexperienced, that gives us an advantage.

If you like at the premiership window, statistically it is down to us, the Dogs and Sydney...but Hawthorn have been a different team since the bye - they are up there since then. Fremantle are JUST outside it too...as is GWS. Your premier is coming from one of these above teams.

How many AFL fans watching the Olympics are finding out that the Lions team song is the French national anthem?

I reckon the Lions have another gear to get into yet. Could be an exciting period

you just never know how the lions will go playing in Victoria but jeez they showed up today. Absolutely mauled the saints. Rayner is starting to live up to his potential.

Absolutely destroyed St Kilda. Probably would have beat them by 100 if Joe kept his kicking boots.

Looking real sharp at the moment. Next 2 games will really show exactly what September holds for us.

Next week is the one I’ve been eyeing, especially after GWS ran down Hawthorn, that’s a great result.

I went to the game tonight though and it honestly felt like we had an extra player everywhere. Lohmann is everywhere on the ground, Rayner just bumps people off left, right and centre but I thought Smith and Morris were both great. Our kids are amazing, the list is so deep.

Bringing in LAshcroft and Marshall this year plus Annable next year, Lions should be competitive for some time to come. Couple of decent key position prospects too in Gallop, Gilder, etc

Active Now

• mitch222
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • mieko
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • OzeMike
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.