PLAYER Ezra Mam

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
Mods please add this to the proper thread if it exists. I searched and could not find it.

I'm a bit concerned about this fella.

I know he is young and has a lot of upside. He can sniff out an opportunity and is always backing up. His defence is usually first class.

What I worry about is his decision making, particularly in the opposition 20. He seems very indecisive. He has a great running game but does not seem to choose the right time to use it. His kicking game or lack there of is particularly highlighted when close to the line. He just cannot seem to get it right lately. It's ok when Reynolds, Walters and Walsh can handle it up the field but on the opposition try line is where we really need him to pull his weight.

In time I think he will start to get it all together. I just think currently he may be holding us back a little. We most definitely have an opportunity to compete for a title this year and those opportunities converted will be crucial come finals time.

With Ben Hunt potentially joining us for the rest of the year I would argue our team may be better with Hunt playing at 6. It would be a tough call to make but and I doubt it would happen.

Mods please add this to the proper thread if it exists. I searched and could not find it.

I know he is young and has a lot of upside. He can sniff out an opportunity and is always backing up. His defence is usually first class.

What I worry about is his decision making, particularly in the opposition 20. He seems very indecisive. He has a great running game but does not seem to choose the right time to use it. His kicking game or lack there of is particularly highlighted when close to the line. He just cannot seem to get it right lately. It's ok when Reynolds, Walters and Walsh can handle it up the field but on the opposition try line is where we really need him to pull his weight.

In time I think he will start to get it all together. I just think currently he may be holding us back a little. We most definitely have an opportunity to compete for a title this year and those opportunities converted will be crucial come finals time.

With Ben Hunt potentially joining us for the rest of the year I would argue our team may be better with Hunt playing at 6. It would be a tough call to make but and I doubt it would happen.
2nd year blues. It’s gonna catch up to him if it hasn’t already.

I agree with your concern but I think he will take time to become wiser, and I think we should invest in that time.

Billy is excellent at getting good clean ball to him but like you say he doesn't seem to know what to do with it. I'm hoping Hunt will bring some more direction into his game, something he hasn't been getting from our hookers.

Kid will come good, he's a hell of a player. Give him time to develop in NRL, he's going to be a gun and I'm glad he's ours.
I'm hoping that happens. For the sake of our chances this year I hope he can start to figure it out soon.

I thought his name was Ezma Man???

Congratulations to Ezra for being the current top tryscoring half this season (11), dwarfing Cody Walker (8) in second place.
I would be interested to see the combined total of tries scored plus try assists to see how the halves in the comp stack up

Eg:
Mam
19 games
11 tries
8 try assists
Average of 1 try contribution per game

Walker
18 games
8 tries
21 try assists 😮
Average of 1.6 try contributions

I would be interested to see the combined total of tries scored plus try assists to see how the halves in the comp stack up

Eg:
Mam
19 games
11 tries
8 try assists
Average of 1 try contribution per game

Walker
18 games
8 tries
21 try assists 😮
Average of 1.6 try contributions
Think the assists is mostly to johnson,think walsh is the one throwing the final passes for us on those

He looks a little lost in the red zone sometimes, but man he's awesome overall. Great defense at times.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.