PLAYER Ezra Mam

It's obvious the talk of him being the next 7 was total bs when the 3rd string Half back gets the role before him.

Never thought he was a 7 though he doesn't play anywhere like one, he is at his most dangerous when he runs not when he has to think about tackle counts.

It's clear Reynos absence has derailed us big this year, with Capewell gone we lack alot of experienced heads out there and there is alot of panic football atm.

It's the stuff we don't see where we are down big this year on the last.

It's obvious the talk of him being the next 7 was total bs when the 3rd string Half back gets the role before him.
It came directly from Ezra. Nothing wrong with him having that ambition.

He's only 21. His game will develop as he accumulates wisdom. Right now, he doesn't seem to have the vision to call the shots.

It came directly from Ezra. Nothing wrong with him having that ambition.

He's only 21. His game will develop as he accumulates wisdom. Right now, he doesn't seem to have the vision to call the shots.
It's been said a million times too.... halves don't hit their straps generally until they are mid 20s. All the ingredients are there for Ezra - just needs to keep learning and growing his game. It will come.

It's been said a million times too.... halves don't hit their straps generally until they are mid 20s. All the ingredients are there for Ezra - just needs to keep learning and growing his game. It will come.
Fair - but we said the about Milf too. Milf was good until he got his million dollar contract. Bit of scar tissue there for the fans.

Fair - but we said the about Milf too. Milf was good until he got his million dollar contract. Bit of scar tissue there for the fans.
Same could be said of any player that gets their pay day. Particularly when they aren't firing like they and we would be hoping.

People worried giving JT13 the biggest/longest contract in NRL history would see him go off a cliff and for a number of years he proved that wrong - his body is letting him down now sadly - but he's had his ups and downs. generally he's given it everything.

It all comes down to the individual. Everyone goes through highs and lows. Athletes, particularly at this elite level where 5% variance is the difference between succeeding and failing - take years to really get themselves sorted on and off the field consistently. Build the healthy habits and routines. Shit, when I was 21 being organised enough to even make my own lunch ahead of time was something I couldn't be bothered with.

Professionalism and dedicatoin doesn't just happen. It takes years of work and perserverence.

Milford got comfortable, fat, lazy - added to the fact we tried to turn a running half into a game managing half and that didn't work out so well.

Can't let fear of one player's failure, taint everyone we sign.

Same could be said of any player that gets their pay day. Particularly when they aren't firing like they and we would be hoping.

People worried giving JT13 the biggest/longest contract in NRL history would see him go off a cliff and for a number of years he proved that wrong - his body is letting him down now sadly - but he's had his ups and downs. generally he's given it everything.

It all comes down to the individual. Everyone goes through highs and lows. Athletes, particularly at this elite level where 5% variance is the difference between succeeding and failing - take years to really get themselves sorted on and off the field consistently. Build the healthy habits and routines. Shit, when I was 21 being organised enough to even make my own lunch ahead of time was something I couldn't be bothered with.

Professionalism and dedicatoin doesn't just happen. It takes years of work and perserverence.

Milford got comfortable, fat, lazy - added to the fact we tried to turn a running half into a game managing half and that didn't work out so well.

Can't let fear of one player's failure, taint everyone we sign.
Well we are asking him to take a lot more responsibility being the main half with Reynolds out to mixed results, so there is a bit of an echo here.

But ultimately I do agree, it's not a guaranteed outcome.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Dexter
  • TimWhatley
  • Howie
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • Astro
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.