PLAYER Ezra Mam

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He just proved in that last 30 he has it in him! Started touching the ball multiple times a set and actually earnt his keep. What a turn around, lets hope he builds on it for next week and the rest of this season!

I do wonder if we should put the 7 on his back ... maybe just as a psychological move to get him to believe he is our number one half while Reyno is gone

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That play tonight where he kicked for Mariner on the 2nd tells the story of Ezra. It was the right play at the right time, and if it had paid off we would be singing his praises right now, but he clearly failed to inform Mariner that was what he was going to do, because if Mariner were awake to it, he easily has the speed to outrun the Dragon, scoop the ball and run away with it.

Ezra is not a leader. He is not a talker in the huddle, He is not an organizer. He is a dangerous running 5/8 in the mold of Dylan Walker. Pretending that he is going to magically grow a strategic brain post-Reynolds is dooming us. We must find a halfback with a good footy brain between his ears in the next 2 years or we are SO fucked.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That play tonight where he kicked for Mariner on the 2nd tells the story of Ezra. It was the right play at the right time, and if it had paid off we would be singing his praises right now, but he clearly failed to inform Mariner that was what he was going to do, because if Mariner were awake to it, he easily has the speed to outrun the Dragon, scoop the ball and run away with it.

IMO, that's more on Mariner than Mam. Mariner should have been ready for a play like that.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I 100% think Mam should’ve been given the 7, two or three games back.

He plays the running, supporting half to some spud in the 7 who is on a 5th of his wage and then when the game is out of reach he throws that game plan out the window and becomes a dominate half for 20 minutes, trying to claw a comeback.

Just give him the 7 from the start, tell him he’s expected to touch the ball 3 times a set.

Chuck Sailor, Walters, Rogers, Cobbo, or Walsh at 6. Doesn’t really matter

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Ezra is not a leader. He is not a talker in the huddle, He is not an organizer. He is a dangerous running 5/8 in the mold of Dylan Walker. Pretending that he is going to magically grow a strategic brain post-Reynolds is dooming us. We must find a halfback with a good footy brain between his ears in the next 2 years or we are SO fucked.
IMO, that's more on Mariner than Mam. Mariner should have been ready for a play like that.

Mariner has been asleep on multiple plays like that this season, earlier in the year I remember Reyno gave him a spray for it.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I do wonder if we should put the 7 on his back ... maybe just as a psychological move to get him to believe he is our number one half while Reyno is gone

I 100% think Mam should’ve been given the 7, two or three games back.

He plays the running, supporting half to some spud in the 7 who is on a 5th of his wage and then when the game is out of reach he throws that game plan out the window and becomes a dominate half for 20 minutes, trying to claw a comeback.

Just give him the 7 from the start, tell him he’s expected to touch the ball 3 times a set.

Chuck Sailor, Walters, Rogers, Cobbo, or Walsh at 6. Doesn’t really matter

1. Walsh
6. Billy
7. Ezra
9. Mozer

?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
He has been so disappointing this year. Maybe that racism saga hurt him alot. Thought he was going to be the next big thing but obviously I have missed some of the things in his game. Seems to just float through alot of games. It was actually good to see him show some fire the last 20 of the Dragons game. He actually reminds me of Dylan Brown alot. Another guy I'm high on. Brown been around longer and played at a higher level but they have similar strengths and weaknesses in their games.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
He has been so disappointing this year. Maybe that racism saga hurt him alot. Thought he was going to be the next big thing but obviously I have missed some of the things in his game. Seems to just float through alot of games. It was actually good to see him show some fire the last 20 of the Dragons game. He actually reminds me of Dylan Brown alot. Another guy I'm high on. Brown been around longer and played at a higher level but they have similar strengths and weaknesses in their games.
end of the day he is a young bloke who honestly wont be peaking as a 6 or 7 for a few years yet has alot to learn and apparently needs to find his voice on the field and demand when and where the ball is going that will come with experience i think,was always going to be a tough ask this year with arey only playing 6 games so far add to that walsh playing 10 and we get to where we are today imo.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
That's weird I was just thinking about Dylan Brown and how Ezra is similar, but just happened to score 3 in a GF.

They are very similar.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
That's weird I was just thinking about Dylan Brown and how Ezra is similar, but just happened to score 3 in a GF.

They are very similar.
Dylan Brown has played for his country 8 times.... this isn't some bum.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Mam and Brown both can't operate without a proper half steering the side around. It's not really an issue tbh, Dearden and Munster (if he was in a side like a Moses or ARey-less Parra or Brisbane) are in the same boat as well.

EDIT: Luai as well (like Munster, the system he's in makes up for his deficiencies when Cleary is out. Let's see him try to steer around the tigs next year)

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Right. I thought you implied Brown wasn't on Mams level.
Not at all. Literally just thinking about how similar they are, but how Ezra seems to be thought of as better due to the GF tries (maybe by Bronco fans).

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.