PLAYER Ezra Mam

If we win, which we will, I would not be surprised to see him be the Aussie team bolter that every GF team has.
He has to be in the squad behind Munster.

Would pick him over dearden in the QLD origin team as well. Has to be in the frame next year for sure. Can't wait to see him add to his long kicking game as well

His role really works atm because he has a much more simple job with Reyno and Walsh handling most of the creativity, which allows him to focus on his more instinct plays and runs.

I think he will make plenty of rep teams atm soo long as you have that 7 and likely Walsh at 1 for the teams he would make.

I think a key thing that helps him is he seems to be on the same wave length with Walsh and Capewell and always seem to be in the right place to take advantage of plays when the opportunity comes.

Curious where everyone sees Mams long term role in the team?

For me i always had him as the support act to walsh and reynolds/ who ever our future halfback is. Kind of a Dylan Brown type role at the Eels.

However looking back at what he's just produced as a 20 year old has been pretty impressive and reasonably consistent. With 18 trys 9 try assists and 11 line break assists it puts him in a bit of an awwkard position.

If he continues those types of numbers he probably warrents been paid as the lead play maker. But things to consider:
- Does he pull off those numbers without Reynolds controlling the game around him?
- if given time and mentoring can he become the whole package? scores trys, organises, sets up trys, kicks. Thus allowing us to put a sailor like player in 5/8.
-Are walsh and Mam too similar? Do you need them both?
-Need to be conscious we don't do what we did with milf and try make him something he's not.
-is he a student of the game and willing to spend extra hours getting his craft right or is he happy to simply get by on natural tallent?

Having those answer's would make life much easier in terms of choosing what type of half back and who to replace Reynolds. The more i think of it, given what he's achieved in his first two years of first grade and the fact that halves take years to get it right, i may have underestimated what his ceiling could be.

I've regained some hope that maybe he could be more than just a running half.

You’ve answered yourself at the last for mine. He’s a Bronco who’s here to stay.

As to a capable replacement for Adam, I truly believe Kev has it under control by having Jock here already. Jock do need to read the game & develop a lot and he’s here doing that. Even if we do extend Adam until 2025(if his body hangs him good, I want him to be extended), Jock will get occasional game here & there through out the next 2 seasons.
Come 2026, Jock would be comfortable playing to our strengths/structures thus by helping Mam &/Walsh.

You’ve answered yourself at the last for mine. He’s a Bronco who’s here to stay.

As to a capable replacement for Adam, I truly believe Kev has it under control by having Jock here already. Jock do need to read the game & develop a lot and he’s here doing that. Even if we do extend Adam until 2025(if his body hangs him good, I want him to be extended), Jock will get occasional game here & there through out the next 2 seasons.
Come 2026, Jock would be comfortable playing to our strengths/structures thus by helping Mam &/Walsh.
I’m torn on jock, he looks like a real player but continuously makes the wrong decisions. Now if age was to ever fix something, it’s that. Could be a late bloomer.

I assume he has also identified this and why he has signed on with us knowing he is behind Reynolds.

Mam broke the record for most tries in a season by a 5/8.

Previous record was 18 set by Arthur McCabe in 1910.

A hell of a season from him.

Man. This was our year FFS.

It's Mam, not Man.

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

I’m torn on jock, he looks like a real player but continuously makes the wrong decisions. Now if age was to ever fix something, it’s that. Could be a late bloomer.

I assume he has also identified this and why he has signed on with us knowing he is behind Reynolds.

Halves rarely come into the NRL looking anywhere close to the finished product.

*** BADEL WARNING ***

Badel reporting that Mam is "poised" to sign an extension worth up to $3 million.

Badel says that we would prefer a long term deal in the range of 3 to 5 years to keep him under lock and key until the end of 2027 at least.

Badel says a four-year deal would start at an estimated $750,000 a season, with incremental increases in line with the NRL salary cap pushing Mam towards the $900,000 mark.

Ezra Mam says

“That’s my aim, to stay here at the Broncos,”

“I want to start another generation here.

“It (signing a new deal) would definitely be a great opportunity to jump on the bandwagon here with the other boys and make the Broncos great again.

“Seeing Payne re-sign and all the other boys stay here, it’s a huge factor for myself.

“Hopefully we can get that (new) deal done soon.

“I’ll be here for a long time.”

“I love the Broncos because of the culture and the professionalism of the club,” said Mam, who has played 38 NRL games.

“It’s a great bond we have here and it’s important we keep this team together.

“Keeping that bond means a lot to me and I want to be part of keeping the bond here for a long time.”

“I think this loss will make us stronger and a better team,” he said.

“We saw it a few years ago where Penrith lost the grand final (in 2020) and they have gone on to win three premierships.

“We can take a lot out of this year and hopefully we can kick on and win it next year and the next year and the next year after that.

“It will be good to see where we are at.

“We will enjoy our break, let the loss hurt, then get back to pre-season and work hard.”

“Some special players before me have played in the No.6 jersey and made it great,” he said.

“I always remind myself of the history of the jumper and this club.

“’Kevvie’ (coach Kevin Walters) said to me in pre-season I had to play well and if I lose the jumper, it’s on me … if I play well, then I will keep it.

“He definitely motivated me to get better and play good footy.

“It’s now on me to enjoy the break and come back to pre-season ready to go next year.”

The Mam Walsh combo is only going to get stronger and stronger, this was their first season playing together..
I was watching some highlights last night those two are just getting started.
When Walsh attacks the right Mam pushes up through the middle supporting he knows the plays on, when we attack the left we seen what happened in the GF.
These two are going to form one of the great rugby league combinations over the next few years.

The Mam Walsh combo is only going to get stronger and stronger, this was their first season playing together..
I was watching some highlights last night those two are just getting started.
When Walsh attacks the right Mam pushes up through the middle supporting he knows the plays on, when we attack the left we seen what happened in the GF.
These two are going to form one of the great rugby league combinations over the next few years.
Just like hunt and Milford……….

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Swordfish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncs1459
  • Behold
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.