AUS FOOTBALL AFL Grand Final 2023 - Collingwood v Brisbane

Need to contain Hawkins though. He has destroyed us the past few times.

He has and this time no Adams either. That said, Wilmott is clearly a gun and covers across so well. Payne made some mistakes last night but he's got something as well, let's just hope he doesn't give Hawkins space.

What has changed? That was amazing!

Basically, Fagan (the coach) has pulled out an ace with his team selections. He has replaced some of the older, slower blokes with some of the faster, younger kids who have been killing it at second division.

The Lions have drafted targeted and specific needs over the last few years and those kids are now ready and quick, guys like Coleman, Robertson, Wilmott (this kid is a freak), Bailey and Prior.

We also have a Brownlow medalist who is the best midfielder in the game who is now getting outstanding support from the likes of Robertson, Berry (last night in particular was the game of his life), McCluggage and Rayner (who has started to come into his own).

We also have the most potent forward line in the comp and so now the midfield has some speed and aggression, our defense is not getting destroyed as much by constant entries. Our defense is still a weakness by Wilmott and Coleman have added HEAPS down back. This has freed up Rich again to do his organisation from the back.

Basically, the team has really gelled and gotten faster. We have some genuine gun kids coming in over the next few drafts too.

He has and this time no Adams either. That said, Wilmott is clearly a gun and covers across so well. Payne made some mistakes last night but he's got something as well, let's just hope he doesn't give Hawkins space.
Let’s hope Berry escapes suspension too. It didn’t look great but surely there is leniency based on the guy being on top of him.

Let’s hope Berry escapes suspension too. It didn’t look great but surely there is leniency based on the guy being on top of him.

He's getting an elbow in the throat at the time, surely that has to be extenuating circumstances and he certainly didn't look like he was poking him in the eye deliberately. That was the first game in a long time where I've thought, wow Berry is killing them here, that's why we were all so excited to have him. Him and Robertson are a deadly tag team on the opposition's best inside mid.

I reckon we can and will take Geelong. It is going to be extremely tough regardless.

Basically, Fagan (the coach) has pulled out an ace with his team selections. He has replaced some of the older, slower blokes with some of the faster, younger kids who have been killing it at second division.

The Lions have drafted targeted and specific needs over the last few years and those kids are now ready and quick, guys like Coleman, Robertson, Wilmott (this kid is a freak), Bailey and Prior.

We also have a Brownlow medalist who is the best midfielder in the game who is now getting outstanding support from the likes of Robertson, Berry (last night in particular was the game of his life), McCluggage and Rayner (who has started to come into his own).

We also have the most potent forward line in the comp and so now the midfield has some speed and aggression, our defense is not getting destroyed as much by constant entries. Our defense is still a weakness by Wilmott and Coleman have added HEAPS down back. This has freed up Rich again to do his organisation from the back.

Basically, the team has really gelled and gotten faster. We have some genuine gun kids coming in over the next few drafts too.
Berry looked so good last night, nice hard edge too the middle they needed.

hope he doesn’t get suspended, would be harsh.

I’m liking hipwood and McStay lately as well. Been taking some tough marks coming out of our back half. I still don’t feel confident when hipwood is kicking for goal though. Once he gets that right he’ll be kicking some big bags.

I’m liking hipwood and McStay lately as well. Been taking some tough marks coming out of our back half. I still don’t feel confident when hipwood is kicking for goal though. Once he gets that right he’ll be kicking some big bags.

Agreed, though he's really stepped up this finals series.

OMG.......Sproj has taken over......I've woken up to find not one but two AFL threads at the top of my unread list.

I feel so violated.

He's getting an elbow in the throat at the time, surely that has to be extenuating circumstances and he certainly didn't look like he was poking him in the eye deliberately. That was the first game in a long time where I've thought, wow Berry is killing them here, that's why we were all so excited to have him. Him and Robertson are a deadly tag team on the opposition's best inside mid.

I reckon we can and will take Geelong. It is going to be extremely tough regardless.
Also he wasn’t looking at him when it happened. I think if someone is on top of you like that you have a right to be trying to get him away.

Yeah look, I am glad they're doing well because for a very long time, they weren't.

However, I cannot lay claim to being a fan, I think you have to earn the right to enjoy the good times by supporting the team in their darkest times, not sure how many Lions fans did that, I don't know of any. Went from selling out the Gabba during that period where they won back to back to back, to barely getting half a stadium full, it's not a big stadium either.

The MCG was pumping last night so maybe there are a greater portion of Lions fans from the Fitzroy days (who are based in Melbourne) than there are compared to those who live in Brisbane, who knows.

I used to watch the Bears at Carrara stadium. Those days weren’t fun

Yeah look, I am glad they're doing well because for a very long time, they weren't.

However, I cannot lay claim to being a fan, I think you have to earn the right to enjoy the good times by supporting the team in their darkest times, not sure how many Lions fans did that, I don't know of any. Went from selling out the Gabba during that period where they won back to back to back, to barely getting half a stadium full, it's not a big stadium either.

The MCG was pumping last night so maybe there are a greater portion of Lions fans from the Fitzroy days (who are based in Melbourne) than there are compared to those who live in Brisbane, who knows.

The way the NRL is these days, there's no shame jumping across and we welcome you with open arms.

I’m enjoying seeing young Wilmot losing his mind celebrating the last two games

I worry he’ll spontaneously combust if we go all the way

Tell ya what the bloke who got eye gouged was doing his best to get the Barry Hall treatment. What a pest

I’m enjoying seeing young Wilmot losing his mind celebrating the last two games

I worry he’ll spontaneously combust if we go all the way
It’s so good to see hey?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  • ettybay
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.