AUS FOOTBALL AFL Grand Final 2023 - Collingwood v Brisbane

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
As a total AFL newbie, this is so freaking hard to follow. But I'll do my best, first quarter thoughts:

The Lions don't seem to be defending as well as the Pies, they seem to have players open to get the ball away to, whereas the Lions seem to be mostly having contests when trying to receive the ball. The feel of it at the moment is that the Pies want it more, Lions haven't really had much of a look in just yet but 10 points isn't much.

Feel for the bloke who copped the accidental shoulder, that was brutal.

Also how hard is it to fucking kick and catch? With the amount of practice these guys do, they should surely be able to kick it straight FFS... Pretty scrappy looking game isn't it. But I've got to say, at least in league you know where the hits are coming from, these guys need their heads on a swivel...new appreciation for their toughness.

And cracking start to the 2nd from the Lions, right back into it now! YEW!!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As a total AFL newbie, this is so freaking hard to follow. But I'll do my best, first quarter thoughts:

The Lions don't seem to be defending as well as the Pies, they seem to have players open to get the ball away to, whereas the Lions seem to be mostly having contests when trying to receive the ball. The feel of it at the moment is that the Pies want it more, Lions haven't really had much of a look in just yet but 10 points isn't much.

Feel for the bloke who copped the accidental shoulder, that was brutal.

Also how hard is it to fucking kick and catch? With the amount of practice these guys do, they should surely be able to kick it straight FFS... Pretty scrappy looking game isn't it. But I've got to say, at least in league you know where the hits are coming from, these guys need their heads on a swivel...new appreciation for their toughness.

And cracking start to the 2nd from the Lions, right back into it now! YEW!!

Essentially, everything starts with the midfielders.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If Brissy's midfield can turn the arm wrestle eventually, I still think we run away with it but that is the big question right now.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Quality game so far. Glad I’m not super invested in this because the stress levels would be unbearable. I reckon I would be more into this game if the broncos weren’t on tomorrow.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm getting really sick of these highs going Collingwood's way when they are 10cm off the ground.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
They just drop down every time and get a high shot rewarded.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.