After tonights match Vs the Cows any worries?

K

kimlo_

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2008
After the match tonight, is there any injury clouds, judiciary worries or anything that needs to be worried about? I know we should have four players returning next week, but there will be no forced changes due to injury or suspension right? Cause i didn't see anything besides hodges seemingly having hurt his ankle.

(I don't know if this needed a thread so delete this thread if unneeded)

Dave Taylor's ball handling ability when playing the ball is a worry...

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Caniffe said:

Hes still new, those things come with experience but hey, with this new rule it could be a blessing considering every time a player slightly bumps the ball out of his hands we'll get a penatly :P

Caniffe said:

We won't see the best out of Big Dave until the coach and senior players show some faith in him.. Only issue I have about the game is it didn't win us a gf.

When have you seen WB not show faith in a player?Taylor has to show faith in himself first and foremost.He's doing fine.Needs to lose a bit more of that gut that he has found recently though.Maybe he was reading too much of his own press late last year.Very young yet.

Kee said:
When have you seen WB not show faith in a player?.

That would have been in the Roosters game when Taylor didn't come back on after going off at the 15 minute mark.

I do believe he explained his reasoning for that plus also gave the kid wraps for the time he spent on the paddock.

Kee said:
I do believe he explained his reasoning for that plus also gave the kid wraps for the time he spent on the paddock.

He did explain but it just shows he didn't have faith in Taylor when the going was tough. He's got to learn what it's like when the conditions are tough. Originally I thought WB made the right call by keeping him off but I've changed my mind, he needs to experience the tough bits to improve his game overall.

I've got one worry after last night's match.

You see, that was Brisbane without FOUR guys who would ordinarily be in the starting 13. I am just worried that four players of the quality that we saw last night might have to go back to reserve grade in the next few weeks [icon_wink

Hodges not passing to his winger [icon_non tries are going begging, we can't afford to lose a tight game cause Hodges doesn't draw and pass to his winger, there was a prime example last night, a certain try and he got bundled into touch. I think there could have been possible tries in the past 2 games aswell.

wally said:
Hodges not passing to his winger [icon_non tries are going begging, we can't afford to lose a tight game cause Hodges doesn't draw and pass to his winger, there was a prime example last night, a certain try and he got bundled into touch. I think there could have been possible tries in the past 2 games aswell.

Agreed.

But it is also good to see Hodges has the confidence to back himself.

wally said:

I don't think you be worried about losing a game because of hodges, he knows what hes doing and he certainly doesn't need you coaching him that what WB is for, if hodges sees a good reason to pass he'll pass. TBH I think that robinson is pretty weak (not weak, but relative to FG) he seems to be pushed back alot, so hodges probably doesn't want to put him in a position where he passes the ball to him and gets pushed over the sideline.
mick! said:
I've got one worry after last night's match.

You see, that was Brisbane without FOUR guys who would ordinarily be in the starting 13. I am just worried that four players of the quality that we saw last night might have to go back to reserve grade in the next few weeks [icon_wink

Well, Parker will be straight back in, as with lockyer as with hunt so taylor, kemp and eastwood i think will hit reservers while clinton returns in the reserves. TBH I think lockyer should play in the reserves for a few weeks to get his confidence back :P But ofcourse that will never happen and he is a rock solid champion, i'm expecting him to have a big one against storm(which is probably why he didn't play against the cowboys). GO LOCKY!

haha Lockyer reserves post of the year.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.