All NRL games live

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Hi Guys,

I don't know how many of you have heard of this but I thought I would point it out directly because I read that many people missed the last game (Broncos V Roosters - simply superb!) and that is a real shame when this feature exists for everyone.

In reading through how to watch live games via the NRL website here I came across a note that a new website: National Rugby League on Livestream. would be streaming all the games of the NRL live and for free! (And at 720p.)

I thought this is a little odd because the NRL is really trying to promote and sell their NRL Digital Pass. But even more of a surprise is that the livestream site also provides an app for android (not sure about Apple) that notifies you of the games and lets you watch on your phone and probably tablet. I personally have used this with a little bit of fiddling to cast this via Chromecast to my television at quite high quality. You simply need to follow NRL on livestream app to get the games. What is more is that the games are stored in an archive that allow you to watch them over and over.

I am currently living overseas and this is a simply fantastic and generous offer from the NRL and if someone could pass on my sincere gratitude to them for this I would be really grateful. I hope they continue to use it and keep it free. I don't know how they are planning to use this in the future but I imagine that if noone was using it then they won't keep it up. I know this function is meant for overseas viewers but the internet being the internet I should think that this is obviously available in Australia and were I still there I would be using this as much as possible.

Please if someone on here could organise something to keep this afloat then I would be forever grateful to them.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It was handy when I was in Japan around grand final time.

Watching live footy in HD over the Internet instead of shitty SD, no wonder the Australia version is crippled.

Well, I've downloaded the app, installed it, sent my email, had it confirmed ,started the process, when through to the archive to watch the Broncos Roosters and....nada. All I get is the message telling me that's it's not available in my area !

Because it's only available for those outside Australia...

That's silly.. it'd be awesome to watch games for free on my iPad when I'm not at a TV, oh well.

Oh dear..stupid me. I didn't read much of the first post as I had to do some train driver stuff at the time .Just saw the link and clicked it..it didn't download till I hit Internet range again..... Should have read it all..doh

EDIT: Copyright violations

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys just be careful when it comes to discussing matters like this.

This service is intended for international fans who otherwise cannot access the game. It isn't intended for anyone living for Australia so please don't recommend any mode of circumvention publicly.

I know you guys don't mean any harm and you're just trying to help each other out but just be mindful of the rules.

Dear all again,

If anyone has found that this is a problem within Australia then I apologise for any upset if it failed within the country. The stipulations on the NRL page don't really make a case for it only being used overseas per se and I am unable to check it from here. If perhaps the moderators can make an amendment to the title of the thread to state that it is for international fans then that may be appropriate. However, this is a fantastic service for those of us who are expats or holidaying overseas.

All the best and GO THE DONKEYS!

Well, as long as the IP address says it is.

u9sYLGD.gif

I am living in the UK and actually signed up for premier player (its £10 a month) as livestream isn't available here either. Premier player doesn't allow me to play the NRL games outside of the UK so I used Livestream when I was in Spain and it worked pretty well. The only problem is Hotel wifi is usually really poor so it generally works really early in the morning when the other guests are sleeping.

Livestream has a lot of artifacts when streaming through which is a pity but its definitely does the job. There are ways to circumvent it not being available in Australia but its quality while HD gets much more issues with motion blur/artifacts than channel 9's programming(and you still have to put up with Hadley on livestream).
It's definitely useful for us away from Straya though.

Oh and you can watch games later on livestream if you miss them! (I can on premierplayer too but its only really useful to people living in the UK).

Active Now

• kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.