What should the club do with TPJ

• Sack him!

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Give another chance - on current contract

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
TPJ is one of the best attacking forwards in the game, and he would be great for NSW off the bench. One of his biggest strengths is that he plays middle and edge to an extremely high level, making him a perfect bench player for rep sides.

I remember having regular heated debates with a mate and regular poster on here about Milford. He would often contend that Milf was a better 5/8 than Munster, Walker and Keary. My mate was relieved when Hunt left as he believed Milf was being held back by Hunt and that Nikorima would be a great partner for him based on a meaningless win streak when Niko played in the 7.

Of course it never came to fruition and then suddenly Milf was #1 for kick metres and the best kicking half in the comp (another contention he made). Since Bennett left it's become even clearer that Milf won't reach anywhere near the heights we thought he would, or even come close at FB.

It's taken a few years but now that mate is firmly in the "Milf out" camp and wants to see the back of him. I won't embarrass him with a call out but feel free to shoot me an apology when you read this later today mate! :happy:

Just to bring the post back on topic, these days he claims TPJ is the best attacking forward in the competition and should be one of the first picked for State of Origin... funny stuff.

I wish we just kept Tanah Boyd. Would have saved us a lot of drama by now.

we tried to turn him into a game manager by necessity.

It wasn’t necessary. Getting an actual game managing half was and arguably still is the necessity...

This stupid philosophy of buying small players and then trying to turn them into bigger bodies so they can ‘defend in the frontline’ shows how idiotic some in this club are.

Want a bigger body, BUY or develop a bigger body. Don’t ruin a small, fast, agile player to try and ‘make’ one...

TPJ is one of the best attacking forwards in the game, and he would be great for NSW off the bench. One of his biggest strengths is that he plays middle and edge to an extremely high level, making him a perfect bench player for rep sides.

At his best he is. Unfortunately he's way too inconsistent to be even close to origin level.

Daily Tele reporting "well-placed Brisbane sources" hinting TPJ being linked to Manly for next year. AFB to the Cowboys also mooted as a possbility.

Daily Tele reporting "well-placed Brisbane sources" hinting TPJ being linked to Manly for next year. AFB to the Cowboys also mooted as a possbility.

Makes sense.

Manly get TPJ
Cowboys get AFB
Broncos get Nada

Milfs career trajectory was pointing straight up wasnt it......2013 onwards he was just improving and improving....run to 2015 GF arguably his best year...

Does the bloke "want" to ever go there again? Have to ask him, but maybe the coins enough...

A great what could have been story...reckon he has 1 year here to prove otherwise...but should he go he will leave me with some wonderful memories...

Makes sense.

Manly get TPJ
Cowboys get AFB
Broncos get Nada

Dont get too down; a week ago no-one was even contemplating AFB as beign a legit target for us or anyone esle...he had a multi-year deal with the Eagles and that was that...

Ive no doubt there will be more AFBs pop up in transfer talk now the finals are approaching that arenet on anyones radar now...

Dont get too down; a week ago no-one was even contemplating AFB as beign a legit target for us or anyone esle...he had a multi-year deal with the Eagles and that was that...

Ive no doubt there will be more AFBs pop up in transfer talk now the finals are approaching that arenet on anyones radar now...

No doubt, and none of them will want to come here thanks to the double whammy of the public pressure of being a Broncos player and coming to a club that is well and truly buried in the shitter.

Makes you wonder why he bothered jumping through hoops to keep his contract if true

I'm not sure the DT has any "well placed Brisbane sources"

although since they make shit up anyway ... it's probably pretty easy to pretend you have sources

I'm not sure the DT has any "well placed Brisbane sources"

although since they make shit up anyway ... it's probably pretty easy to pretend you have sources
Shhh snapshot of Buzz's inside sauce below... well entrenched in Broncos HQ... or maybe just entrenched on the BHQ forums

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.