NEWS Andrew McCullough’s complicated contract a headache for Broncos

No-one is doubting or disputing that. My issue and some others is that people refuse to give Seibold they same credit people expect WB to be given.
He'll get credit if he wins a GF. Until then, the "Seibs is a spud" T-shirts will continue to be hot sellers.

Bennett was given a fair go, Seibold deserves one too. There are a few on here that seem to think Bennett should be above criticism because he's Wayne Bennett. As far as I can tell nobody shits on him for everything, the vast majority are thankful for what he did for us. But he's not our coach anymore, he was fired and alot of us can see why. The idea that he should be above any criticism is absurd.
This would be great if this was what was happening. The entire debate in this thread has been about criticizing him for things he had very little or nothing to do with. I've had very few questions answered, like who should he have replaced this underperforming players with but those questions don't get answered (realistically anyway).

This would be great if this was what was happening. The entire debate in this thread has been about criticizing him for things he had very little or nothing to do with. I've had very few questions answered, like who should he have replaced this underperforming players with but those questions don't get answered (realistically anyway).

Boyd was playing on one leg, he was fucking woeful. Moving Isaako there and playing literally any of our depth options on the wing would have been an upgrade. Thaiday was fucking woeful in his last 2 seasons, playing literally any of our depth options would have been an upgrade.

I think Bennett should cop criticism for his recruitment, while also receiving a lot of praise for it. I think Bennett should cop criticism for not dropping players, but I don't believe the players in reserves were playing better than the players in first grade. He should be criticized for playing Thaiday at hooker, but the stubborn bastard admitted it was the wrong choice. He should be criticized for not caring about the wrestle, but praised for wanted what is good for the game. He should cop criticism for the signings he made, but not for the years and money they were signed for. The players, the board, the media etc. all share a lot of blame for where the club is now.

Did I miss anything? Like people have said, it's somewhere in the middle. But one side is blaming him for so many ridiculous things that weren't entirely on him, if at all. I'm just asking for realistic ideas about what should have been done. Realistic meaning this isn't Rugby League Live 4 and as a coach we have to take into account form, morale, strengths, weaknesses, potential and a myriad of other things. I've raised all of those criticisms before but remember this post when you say I never criticize Bennett.

And vice versa. But more people come on here shitting on Bennett for everything so it's brought up more often. There's literally only one person attempting to shit on Seibold these days and he gets called out every time he does it.

If this is me I haven't really said anything negative about him for ages. I know I've painted myself into a corner with my hyperbolic criticism earlier in the year, but any time I make any comment at all people assume I'm having a go at him.

Boyd was playing on one leg, he was fucking woeful. Moving Isaako there and playing literally any of our depth options on the wing would have been an upgrade. Thaiday was fucking woeful in his last 2 seasons, playing literally any of our depth options would have been an upgrade.
Maybe we should have kept Hoffman because he's exactly the type of fullback Isaako is. Thaiday should have been dropped and I have said that for years, but who comes in for him? Keep in mind we don't just need to have better metres made and tackles (Wouldn't be hard) but all of the other things experience brings at training and on the field. He was good for morale as well, the players loved him. So dropping him would have had consequences, especially before his 300th game.

I'd be curious to hear how many people who criticize these decisions have been involved in somewhat high level sporting teams as players, coaches or any other way. Even visiting a training session during those times people were calling for Boyd to be dropped and you'd realise the negative effects it would have on the players.

If this is me I haven't really said anything negative about him for ages. I know I've painted myself into a corner with my hyperbolic criticism earlier in the year, but any time I make any comment at all people assume I'm having a go at him.
That's a problem I have been facing for years on here. Attempting to match the hyperbole created by others doesn't end well on here

Maybe we should have kept Hoffman because he's exactly the type of fullback Isaako is. Thaiday should have been dropped and I have said that for years, but who comes in for him? Keep in mind we don't just need to have better metres made and tackles (Wouldn't be hard) but all of the other things experience brings at training and on the field. He was good for morale as well, the players loved him. So dropping him would have had consequences, especially before his 300th game.

I'd be curious to hear how many people who criticize these decisions have been involved in somewhat high level sporting teams as players, coaches or any other way. Even visiting a training session during those times people were calling for Boyd to be dropped and you'd realise the negative effects it would have on the players.

Boyd was very,very obviously not fit to play. He would not be "dropped".

Waynes not here anymore and Seibold has to make a management decision on Macca - so we could argue all day over in and out and this roster choice v that. I just cant see him finding an honest place back in the team. Irrelevant of past performances, past styles its clear the direction the team is going, and Seibold wants to go.

Turpin is sharp, quicker and a little more brash with his play work - almost like a mini 7. He seems to read on the run well and has hunger in that department that Macca rarely displayed. For me that's the biggest thing.

Boyd was very,very obviously not fit to play. He would not be "dropped".
He wasn't 100% but he was certain he could continue to play on. Was it the right choice? No, but it was his choice to make. Not you or any of the fans. If the coach forced him to step down due to a minor injury, that's pretty much being dropped. The players talk about it. Then if that is the standard by round 20 every player is getting dropped because they're not at 100%.

And vice versa. But more people come on here shitting on Bennett for everything so it's brought up more often. There's literally only one person attempting to shit on Seibold these days and he gets called out every time he does it.

Mate, you don't have to look any further than this thread to see that isn't the case.

Waynes not here anymore and Seibold has to make a management decision on Macca - so we could argue all day over in and out and this roster choice v that. I just cant see him finding an honest place back in the team. Irrelevant of past performances, past styles its clear the direction the team is going, and Seibold wants to go.

Turpin is sharp, quicker and a little more brash with his play work - almost like a mini 7. He seems to read on the run well and has hunger in that department that Macca rarely displayed. For me that's the biggest thing.
I'm happy for Turpin to stay at 9. I just don't agree that he earned his spot in Q Cup, or that McCullough doesn't deserve a shot at playing 50 minutes.

Mate, you don't have to look any further than this thread to see that isn't the case.
Quote the posts criticizing Seibold? It's pretty much "Seibold did what Bennett didn't" but not admitting his hand was forced by McCullough's injury. Bennett did the same thing last year when McCullough was injured as well. Only one is getting credit while the other apparently did nothing last year

Last edited:

Maybe you shouldn't have over run every thread with your ridiculous criticism non-stop. I am sure people will move on eventually but it is a bit rich to be expecting people to forget it when you made this place unbearable to be on non-stop for months.

Have to also give credit to Seibold for getting the depth players up to the task of replacing the incumbents too.

Without moving on McGuire you'd not see Flegler or Carrigan yet. Haas would be a bench player and TPJ probably at prop.

You'd also probably still have Kodi floating around which would mean no Dearden or another one of those benchies in QCup.

You'd also have Kahu probably still around playing centre. Meaning bird would have been on the bench or lock.. which again, another of those guys would miss out.

Maybe you shouldn't have over run every thread with your ridiculous criticism non-stop. I am sure people will move on eventually but it is a bit rich to be expecting people to forget it when you made this place unbearable to be on non-stop for months.

That’s why I said I’ve painted myself into a corner.

Remind me...was this a thread about Macca and his contract situation or a debate on politics within the club?!

I genuinely believe Seibold knows the best way forward is without Macca - we just need to handle this correctly and I'm sure there are plenty of clubs (Titans, Knights, Bulldogs, Tigers to name a few) that would happily re-arrange their chess pieces to get him in.

Fingers crossed

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.