Another State of Origin happens first...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
...this Saturday, it's OzTag State of Origin day at Coffs Harbour. 9 divisions. Each with 3 games in the one day. I'm representing Queensland in mixed.

Wish us luck!

Last year the only division Queensland won was the mens Over 40s [icon_lol1. Most other divisions were bluewashed 3-0.

Things are about to change...

Good Luck Coxy.

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Coxy, I can't say anything that could inspire you more than this;

kingsn1.png

Hammo said:
Coxy, I can't say anything that could inspire you more than this;

kingsn1.png

Awesome! We'll do the King proud!

Look at that little merkin Rocky, laughing after each sentence.

Coxy, think of that little c**ksmoker's smirking face when you go out there, and RIP IN icon_thumbs_u [icon_lol1.

Good luck brother!

Have fun mate, play hard but fair (during the day and night [icon_wink )

Thomas the Tank said:
He will need more than luck. He will need an ambulance.

Indeed I did Thomas! [icon_lol1.

We got well beaten. I won't go into the dirty details, but let's just say that Queensland didn't exactly play like one team. Too many egos and not enough teamwork, particularly from one faction who shall remain nameless *cough* GC *cough*.

Well beaten in our first two games, and much the same happening in the third game when I made my "impact". Second half, yet another dirty ****...roach making a break and I charge in to tag him. He steps, and there was a teammate charging in to tag him from the otherside. Result? Side of teammate's head into jaw of me.

He went down instantly, I managed to stay on my feet, then my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I slumped to my knees, then rolled backwards. I was woken up by the sounds of my left knee and ankle joints cracking.

First thing I said "I think I've snapped both my achilles". [icon_lol1.

My coach and manager were out there in a flash, as was the NSW coach and manager and players. My teammates too of course. And finally St John's Ambulance staff who were on scene waddled out to check on me. I was white as a sheet apparently.

The lady asked where I was. I said, very matter of factly, "Coffs Harbour, OzTag State of Origin playing for Queensland, and I'm playing like shit". Everyone laughed, because it was true :P

By this time I noticed the throbbing in both knees, mainly my left, and after getting my breath my coach and manager got me to my feet. No way was I putting weight on my left knee, so I hobbled off, with a good reception from the NSW team and everyone in the grandstand.

No concussion (manager lied and said I didn't black out, I clearly did), and if jaw pain improved over the next 24 hours no break (and that's happened, though it's still a bitch to eat) so some ice and a rest, and a quick check of the knee that didn't indicate an ACL injury (phew!). Hobbled back to my teammates.

Thankfully one of them is a physio so she gave me the once over and reckons it's knee cartilage. It absolutely kills! And I woke up this morning and my left ankle was absolutely rooted too, near the achilles, so maybe I wasn't delirious?

But, silver lining, I got the award for most spectacular incident of the weekend _woohoo_

Once again Queensland only won the one division - Mens Over 40s. They were up 1-0 in open mens but got beaten in the last 2 games. Competitive in most divisions but still, NSW have the advantage that they are the winning team from their state cup while Queensland "picks" a team of misfits from the top 3 or 4 of their state cup winning teams, and then gives them 1 or 2 training sessions before playing. What a surprise that our team played 2 different game plans on each side of the field, and no wonder it didn't work.

/rant

It was an experience though [icon_lol1. And hey, at least I can say I played State of Origin for Queensland!

Body on the line for your state - just like a true Queenslander [eusa_clap.gi

Honestly as I've already said - Ow and feel better soon.

The Rock said:
Just like a typical Queenslander, always getting smashed by a Blue!

I was smashed by another Queenslander! Learn to read you dumbarse cockroach! C U Next Tuesday! :P [icon_lol1.

And thanks Flutterby. I'd done SFA all weekend so had to make an impact somehow! [icon_lol1.

No broken bones, just have to put up with the pain until i get to the physio!

Thats good to hear!

Who says Touch, Oztag and other forms of that arent as dangerous as League itself [icon_lol1.

I have broken my collarbone playing touch and I hurt my right wrist last wednesday night, but thats feeling pretty good now, still hurts when I make contact with things i.e. bat on ball, bowling etc

Jeza23 said:
Thats good to hear!

Who says Touch, Oztag and other forms of that arent as dangerous as League itself [icon_lol1.

I have broken my collarbone playing touch and I hurt my right wrist last wednesday night, but thats feeling pretty good now, still hurts when I make contact with things i.e. bat on ball, bowling etc

Yeah, non-contact sports don't mean non-injury sports! Try netball! :P

Anyway, at this stage doc reckons it's just a soft tissue injury and should be back in 3 weeks. But that's not taking into account how bad my knee could be...still have to get an MRI on that probably.

Coxy said:
Jeza23 said:
Thats good to hear!

Yeah, non-contact sports don't mean non-injury sports! Try netball! :P

Anyway, at this stage doc reckons it's just a soft tissue injury and should be back in 3 weeks. But that's not taking into account how bad my knee could be...still have to get an MRI on that probably.

Netball is the worst of the lot I think! [icon_lol1.

I have a question, how do you get into representative Oztag teams. Are there trials? Where and when are they?

You play at South Brisbane right? Talk to the competition organiser. State Cup is usually in March/April so trials would be in late January/February. Up at North Brisbane they advertise them, and coaches of the divisions usually hold trial days for people to come along and have a go.

Worth doing. Rep footy is fun, but it's mainly the going away for the weekend, hang out with a bunch of mates, drink a bit and play some footy in between that makes it great!

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.