Another State of Origin happens first...

Coxy said:
You play at South Brisbane right? Talk to the competition organiser. State Cup is usually in March/April so trials would be in late January/February. Up at North Brisbane they advertise them, and coaches of the divisions usually hold trial days for people to come along and have a go.

Worth doing. Rep footy is fun, but it's mainly the going away for the weekend, hang out with a bunch of mates, drink a bit and play some footy in between that makes it great!

Our organiser is a moron, she would have no idea, but will ring around next time to look into it.

On the subject of our organiser being a moron, last week we had a ref who was deadset 9 years old. Barely had enough confident to blow the whistle, didnt call knock ons and didnt know the rules (let dives go, didnt know the try line was the deadball line for kicks as well, list goes on). I went and complained, i had no prob with the kid, but im paying $5 a week, i want a decent ref. The organiser proceeded to argue, saying the kid knows all the rules better than anyone, and that everyone says hes orsm and then said to me "well are you going to ref?" and bitched that she didnt have enough refs. Well, sorry bitch, didnt realise i had to pay $5 AND supply a ref. ffs some ppl are stupid

Is the organiser's name Linda Lang? She organises the rep stuff for Sth Brisbane.

Ref problems are common to all areas. Refs are hard to find, and there's not a structured training programme for them.

As I say though, it's a difficult juggle. The more teams you attract, the more referees you need so the more rookies and ordinary referees you will have who may never get it. If treated the way Rock and Queenslander were, then teams stop playing...which in turn reduces demand on referees.

I don't think organisers deliberately try and piss off the teams, but seriously sometimes they have no choice but to persevere with ordinary refs and put up with and excuse bad performances.

Even harder when most of the good referees are rep players who are often injured after carnivals so can't ref for a while, so inexperienced or average referees get too many games and that actually makes them worse as they fatigue.

And as I said, they so rarely organise ref training sessions, and you rarely get a big turn out for them. But it's not made compulsory. Hell, when I started I had to pass a written exam, now you don't even have to do that! They're so desperate for refs they give a shirt to anyone who shows interest.

I THOROUGHLY recommend any player to give refereeing a go. It's bloody hard, and you learn more about the game and how it's played.

Coxy said:
Is the organiser's name Linda Lang? She organises the rep stuff for Sth Brisbane.

Ref problems are common to all areas. Refs are hard to find, and there's not a structured training programme for them.

Nah its not linda. joy i think it is

Ah ok, don't know her. But yeah, I hate it when organisers try and give a cop out for bad referees. Be honest, say there's insufficient resources for a lot of training and so they're doing the best they can.

Official injury report:

1. Grade 2 lateral (LCL) ligament sprain (left)
2. Lateral meniscus tear/bruising (left)
3. Grade 1 ankle sprain (left)
4. Achilles tendon and soleus muscle strain (from twisting) (left)
5. Soft tissue damage to jaw joint
6. Grade 1 lateral ligament sprain (right)

Also some minor stretching of the ACL in both knees, but not even grade 1 level so not worth worrying about.

And for all that, I'll be back out playing oztag in 4-6 weeks! [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Official injury report:

1. Grade 2 lateral (LCL) ligament sprain (left)
2. Lateral meniscus tear/bruising (left)
3. Grade 1 ankle sprain (left)
4. Achilles tendon and soleus muscle strain (from twisting) (left)
5. Soft tissue damage to jaw joint
6. Grade 1 lateral ligament sprain (right)

Also some minor stretching of the ACL in both knees, but not even grade 1 level so not worth worrying about.

And for all that, I'll be back out playing oztag in 4-6 weeks! [icon_lol1.

Lucky for you you're not a racehorse Coxy - you would be off to the glue factory with all those injuries!

The Rock said:
Coxy said:

:shock: Hope you're not more susceptible to an ACL injury now?

Yep. Already had a grade 1 ACL tear last year in my left knee, so that's one reason I was so worried. But it's actually stronger than it was then, so it didn't get damaged.

I didn't seriously expect you'd need an ambulance and thought you were joking when you said you got hurt.

Geez, that's a big list of injuries you poor bastard!

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.