Sack Seibold Now!

Pretty sure he was consulted, and Bennett was on his bike already. So if seibold wanted to keep him he could have, but chose not to.
I know this is old ground but Moose wanted a 3 year deal we had all the young guys coming through and couldn't offer 3 years. Cowboys could. Broncs were happy for 2 years.
If we gave him 3 he would be choking our cap like Boyd.
It's not as simple as saying we chose not to resign him

Last edited:
I know this is old ground but Moose wanted a 3 year deal we had all the young guys coming through and couldn't offer 3 years. Cowboys could. Broncs were happy for 2 years.
I think I saw that Cows are apparently paying him $800k as well

...cue implosion all the same.

Look I rate Moose, though I think he's let himself go in the grubby department since leaving this club. But I also think letting him go was the right choice, even if we could use his experience at the moment. Besides, if the rumours are true and he was destabilising the dressing room, then his experience would have been for naught anyway.

Look I rate Moose, though I think he's let himself go in the grubby department since leaving this club. But I also think letting him go was the right choice, even if we could use his experience at the moment. Besides, if the rumours are true and he was destabilising the dressing room, then his experience would have been for naught anyway.
I think they were reasonably happy to let him go because he wanted a high money extension, which I think would have locked him in for 4-5years??

However they probably saw that they had lock covered with TPJ or Carrigan (who was coming through), and prop covered with Haas, Lodge and Offa

Last edited:
Right, as though he played well consistently prior to these two years because he got POTY in 2018. Andrew McCullough won it in 2017 so I guess you'd say that makes him still a gun too.

This isn't directed at you, but since your post mentions Milford got POTY in 2018 doesn't mean he was good necessarily, these were club awards, not the Dally M.

The Parramatta Eels who finished with the wooden spoon in 2018 had a POTY. every club has one every year

And yeah McCullough’s been bad for us recently, does that mean he was in 2017 as well? Didn’t he start for Qld in 18? He must have been dreadful

this image best sums up how Andrew McCullough ever played a match for QLD

8700950 1x1 large

This isn't directed at you, but since your post mentions Milford got POTY in 2018 doesn't mean he was good necessarily, these were club awards, not the Dally M.

The Parramatta Eels who finished with the wooden spoon in 2018 had a POTY. every club has one every year

this image best sums up how Andrew McCullough ever played a match for QLD

View attachment 8306

McCullough was still playing decently.

I would be interested to know where Milf finished in the BHQ poty voting as well if anyone has that knowledge?

Last edited:
According to Badel, the Broncos board members have given their "unqualified support" to Seibold in today's meeting. Best he can do for a statement is to splice a phone in from Tevita Pangai Jr:"

“’Seibs’ is our man and we are backing him. Obviously the results in the last few weeks haven’t been great but I still believe Seibs is our man and he’s the coach to take us to where we want to go and make the Broncos what the club was in the 1990s and 2000s. We’re only a young group and if we stay together, I believe we can go a long way."

“A lot of the young guys here enjoy being coached by him so we’ll back him and stick by him. Seibs is as well prepared as any coach. Our training sessions are on time and everything is well co-ordinated with what the players are required to do."

“Seibs is a student of the game and he has the right assistants around him like Corey Parker, who has won a premiership, and Peter Ryan, who was one of the club’s great players and a brilliant defender."

“The one thing Seibs does well is he is always there for the players. He gives us good feedback on our game and he is similar to Wayne Bennett in the way he treats his players. Seibs is pretty straight up with the group — if you have a bad game, he is direct and lets you know where you went wrong and what to improve on.”

McHunt

I don’t mind TPJ coming out and backing seibs. In fact, besides Glenn, I cannot recall another player in the last few weeks to come out and publicly back him.
Hopefully he isn’t just reading the club script and actually believes in the coach.

Now, let’s see it..

Would it have been worse than getting flogged 59 nil without him?

Well that was pretty much a nothing statement from the board.
That last sentence referring to if you have had a bad game he will let you know etc. means he has probably been pretty busy talking to a lot of players lately.

Dosen't really matter now does it.

According to Badel, the Broncos board members have given their "unqualified support" to Seibold in today's meeting. Best he can do for a statement is to splice a phone in from Tevita Pangai Jr:"

“’Seibs’ is our man and we are backing him. Obviously the results in the last few weeks haven’t been great but I still believe Seibs is our man and he’s the coach to take us to where we want to go and make the Broncos what the club was in the 1990s and 2000s. We’re only a young group and if we stay together, I believe we can go a long way."

“A lot of the young guys here enjoy being coached by him so we’ll back him and stick by him. Seibs is as well prepared as any coach. Our training sessions are on time and everything is well co-ordinated with what the players are required to do."

“Seibs is a student of the game and he has the right assistants around him like Corey Parker, who has won a premiership, and Peter Ryan, who was one of the club’s great players and a brilliant defender."

“The one thing Seibs does well is he is always there for the players. He gives us good feedback on our game and he is similar to Wayne Bennett in the way he treats his players. Seibs is pretty straight up with the group — if you have a bad game, he is direct and lets you know where you went wrong and what to improve on.”

McHunt
Unqualified as in uncertified, or unqualified as in unconditional?
😂😂

Unqualified as in uncertified, or unqualified as in unconditional?
[emoji23][emoji23]

Doesn’t matter.
Whatever it is it could change tomorrow.
That’s the ridiculous thing about statements of support for the coach.
They are obsolete 5 minutes after they are made.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • The True King
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.