Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane Broncos’ sneaky trip to pub
shows Anthony Seibold
has lost the dressing room

• September 18, 2019 6:51am
  • by Staff Writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Last edited by a moderator:
" but not necessarily saying I’m in charge of this" What an absolute muppet.

You know what Locky, fucking do something about it instead of telling scumbag reporters what we all already know.

Brisbane Broncos’ sneaky trip to pub
shows Anthony Seibold
has lost the dressing room

• September 18, 2019 6:51am
  • by Staff Writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Broncos head coach Anthony Seibold looks on

Broncos head coach Anthony Seibold looks on Source: Getty Images

losing the dressing room

The fallout from the Broncos late night pokies visit and their loss to Parramatta shows that Anthony Seibold is on the cusp losing the dressing room. That’s the view of Daily Telegraph journalists Paul Kent and Paul Crawley on NRL360 on Fox League. In the biggest game of the season, Brisbane capitulated in a 58-0 loss.

Lewis, Lockyer: slammed the club’s culture

And after reports emerged on Tuesday that a group of senior players had visited a pub less than 24 hours before a game, a number of club greats including Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer slammed the club’s culture.

Seibold lost support of the players

“Regardless of there’s any drink involved,” Lockyer said. “If you’re out until 11 o’clock the night before a game in an establishment like that it doesn’t set a good example of how much the game means to you. It’s disappointing.” And speaking on NRL360, Crawley and Kent suggested that this indicated a wider problem that Seibold had lost the dressing room and the support of the players as they went behind his back to take a trip to a bar the night before the most important game of their season.

distanced himself from the disaster

“After that loss the other night I sit there and we listen to his media conference,” said Crawley. “And the whole way through it was like he distanced himself from the disaster, he separated himself from the players. “He didn’t take ownership of the result. He spoke about the club and the team and where it is at, but not necessarily saying I’m in charge of this.

tipping point for Seibold’s future

“Then he was talking about the younger players who don’t want to toss up excuses. He’d been talking about excuses throughout that. “Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve no doubt in the world he was talking about players within that squad who hadn’t given it everything they had, and to me that raises a bigger issue — that there are players here that he’s lost.” Kent agreed, and said the trip to the pub could be a tipping point for Seibold’s future at Brisbane.

can go either way

“I think you’re right,” Kent said. “I think Saturday night at the pub was an indication that the old lost the dressing room, I think the Broncos are right on that point now.

“And it can go either way.”

This journalism is no more than skid marks on toilet paper.

“He didn’t take ownership of the result. He spoke about the club and the team and where it is at, but not necessarily saying I’m in charge of this..."

Really? Seibold took responsibility for the rubbish result as head coach. What douches

This journalism is no more than skid marks on toilet paper.

“He didn’t take ownership of the result. He spoke about the club and the team and where it is at, but not necessarily saying I’m in charge of this..."

Really? Seibold took responsibility for the rubbish result as head coach. What douches

But he did distance himself STRAIGHT after that comment. I agree and this is my criticism of Siebs' press conference.

Basically, he says, 'yeah, I take ownership of it' but then throws the players under the bus. And he has form in this area. After many of the losses this year, notably the Storm game as a glaring example, he did the same thing.

He does it a lot. Never seems to accept he has a part in all this.

huh? The first thing he says is I am the head coach and take responsibility for this. Does he go on to say that the players fucked up to? yep? should he? absolutely because these soft ***** need a dose of reality.

Honestly, Seibs has plenty of shit he needs to fix up and I sincerely hope he has learnt some lessons this year but I am not going to let people twist his words and take stuff out of context in a way that would make Peter Badel blush.

huh? The first thing he says is I am the head coach and take responsibility for this. Does he go on to say that the players fucked up to? yep? should he? absolutely because these soft ***** need a dose of reality.

Honestly, Seibs has plenty of shit he needs to fix up and I sincerely hope he has learnt some lessons this year but I am not going to let people twist his words and take stuff out of context in a way that would make Peter Badel blush.

He constantly distances himself from poor performances. I know it's not all on him, but he is the leader of whatever happens on the field. He always seems to have an excuse. I honestly don't believe he thinks he could have done anything differently. Too obsessed with stats like many in the modern game. Maybe he needs to have a look at see which Broncos coach is statistically the worst in our history

Shouldn't this be tagged as opinion rather than news??

I'm not seeing any factual evidence indicating that Seibold has lost the dressing room only NSWRL scum looking to sink the boot in and stroking each other off

Last edited:

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • jarro65
  • Jazza
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • KickHaas
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.