NEWS Anthony Seibold safe as Brisbane Broncos board assess wreckage

The team that finished one win behind the minor premiers last year except add our best player (haas) and have our beasts mature (Fifita and Tpj)?

I hate this argument. Everyone beat everyone else enough to make it stupid-even on the table. Everyone knew the good teams were better than that though.

Obviously we performed better last season, but not enough to be one the ‘hard’ teams, even though yes we beat Souths and Easts twice.

We were a good-ish team last season. But still a way off being a dominant, locked in the 4 side everyone thought we’d be this season. And they’re dumb for thinking we were going to be.

Melbourne still have Smith, put him in our side and we're top 4 easily. They've been playing with three full backs in the spine the past few weeks that's how good Smith is.

Point is you cant excuse a coach because he doesnt have access to our last real superstar from 8 years ago. Melbourne, despite still having Smith, keep overcoming losing great, great players.

And If we did have Smith, it would be because of him rather than Seibs coaching at the moment that would see us top 4. If i could see any sort of game plan from Seibs this year i'd cut him a bit more slack. I havent seen anything, so i can only judge him on that and hope there is a big change in 2020.

Playing all of our spine out of position falls completely on his shoulders mate
Who would you have had in the halves when dearden and SOS were injured? How long would you have persisted with Nikorima? My point is, you may be right, maybe he doesn't know his arsen from his elbow., but until he is able to institute the changes he wants, ill reserve judgement.

What did they do at training, did they practice depth in attack? You can’t tell me we just trained one out hit ups and then bomb it? It’s either seibs is a dud or it’s like mike Tyson said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth” we might just have the type of players that don’t respond well to adversity and just forget everything and turn into a hot mess.

Or seibs is all hot air and jumped on the back of a veteran team in Souths, I won’t know personally until half way through next year.

I've noticed a lot of people have a similar opinion to you mate. I seem to be in the minority here bit I can only judge on what I have seen.
[automerge]1569040320[/automerge]

Last year Wolfie?

Last year for Seibs or me ? lol

Last edited:
Who would you have had in the halves when dearden and SOS were injured? How long would you have persisted with Nikorima? My point is, you may be right, maybe he doesn't know his arsen from his elbow., but until he is able to institute the changes he wants, ill reserve judgement.

He picked mcc at 9 when Turpin was fit and Turpin at 7 when sos was fit.

He played milf at fullback for half a season.

Baffling

Last year for Seibs or me ? lol

No for Seibs. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying, you inferred that unlike Haas, Seibold has not shown any potential yet. I would imagine the club thought he showed a fair bit if potential last year with South's. That being the reason why he was offered a 5 year contract with us in the first place.

Seibs hasnt shown a thing at the Broncos. What kind of potential has he shown this year? Haas has competed with the best so far this year, Seibs hasnt shown anything positive at all imo.

Sorry bro it was just a throw away comment really but you seem to be getting me confused. I’m saying he’s showing the potential to be the WORST COACH. He has shown potential to achieve a negative title.

Point is you cant excuse a coach because he doesnt have access to our last real superstar from 8 years ago. Melbourne, despite still having Smith, keep overcoming losing great, great players.

And If we did have Smith, it would be because of him rather than Seibs coaching at the moment that would see us top 4. If i could see any sort of game plan from Seibs this year i'd cut him a bit more slack. I havent seen anything, so i can only judge him on that and hope there is a big change in 2020.

Ever consider he has a game plan and is trying to enforce and the players are too stupid or stubborn to follow it? Souths game plan and structure last year was fantastic, do you think he just thought “I’m sick of that, let’s just do nothing now”?

We have players in key positions that have proven over the years that they are fucking halfwits but this is all Seibs fault now apparently.

The coach has his faults and has a **** ton to learn but it is not all on him and a bit of balance yours and Broncogoat’s wouldn’t go astray.

Ever consider he has a game plan and is trying to enforce and the players are too stupid or stubborn to follow it? Souths game plan and structure last year was fantastic, do you think he just thought “I’m sick of that, let’s just do nothing now”?

We have players in key positions that have proven over the years that they are fucking halfwits but this is all Seibs fault now apparently.

The coach has his faults and has a **** ton to learn but it is not all on him and a bit of balance yours and Broncogoat’s wouldn’t go astray.

No, i dont consider the players are too stupid. We have some fine players and any i've spoken to dont have any kind of issue with Seibold as a coach, so i dont think they are stubbornly ignoring his message either.

I give plenty of balance, i'm commenting purely on 2019 at Brisbane. What he did in 2018 at Souths is irrelevant. Statistically, he is our worst coach. Looking at the team with my own eyes, we are performing as bad as i can ever remember. How can you balance out being very, very ordinary. Also, no good going on about Souths anyway, its in the past. Just remember, Darius Boyd was the premier fullback in the NRL a few years ago, but now he is a badly declining footballer. Thats not going to spare him from the criticism his form rightfully deserves.

What i do think is all the problems we had, Seibold had no answers to them. He refused to drop underperforming players ( no excuse for that ) and he picked players out of position when he didnt have to ( again, no excuses for doing that ). We will see if he can learn from this and move on.

Last edited:
No, i dont consider the players are too stupid. We have some fine players and any i've spoken to dont have any kind of issue with Seibold as a coach, so i dont think they are stubbornly ignoring his message either.

I give plenty of balance, i'm commenting purely on 2019 at Brisbane. What he did in 2018 at Souths is irrelevant. Statistically, he is our worst coach. Looking at the team with my own eyes, we are performing as bad as i can ever remember. How can you balance out being very, very ordinary. Also, no good going on about Souths anyway, its in the past. Just remember, Darius Boyd was the premier fullback in the NRL a few years ago, but now he is a very, very ordinary footballer. Thats not going to spare him from the criticism his form rightfully deserves.

What i do think is all the problems we had, Seibold had no answers to them. He refused to drop underperforming players ( no excuse for that ) and he picked players out of position when he didnt have to ( again, no excuses for doing that ). We will see if he can learn from this and move on.

You missed my point. I am not saying look at how good Souths were so regardless of this year he must be a great coach. You are the one that he said he has no game plan but I was trying to say he clearly does from the way Souths played last year.

In terms of our players I am sure they are ‘fine’ players but many of them have shown me nothing in their performances and actions to prove to the are not incredibly physically gifted athletes that are very dumb.

You missed my point. I am not saying look at how good Souths were so regardless of this year he must be a great coach. You are the one that he said he has no game plan but I was trying to say he clearly does from the way Souths played last year.

In terms of our players I am sure they are ‘fine’ players but many of them have shown me nothing in their performances and actions to prove to the are not incredibly physically gifted athletes that are very dumb.

Ok, he has no game plan at the Broncos. What he did at Souths 2018 means nothing to me. Its irrelevant if he had a game plan there. I dont follow Souths, i'm not concerned how they are going as a football team. Its what he does at Red Hill that's important to me. And his game plan quite frankly is absent.

So whats your excuse for him constantly picking these under performing players?

Ok, he has no game plan at the Broncos. What he did at Souths 2018 means nothing to me. Its irrelevant if he had a game plan there. I dont follow Souths, i'm not concerned how they are going as a football team. Its what he does at Red Hill that's important to me. And his game plan quite frankly is absent.

So whats your excuse for him constantly picking these under performing players?

Fair enough, he has obviously come here and decided to throw out his game plan, which is a shame because our super smart players would have really shined under it.

What under performing players? Do you mean guys like Macca and Boyd, because I have previously said I believe his hands were tied there.

KittyPingPong

Fair enough, he has obviously come here and decided to throw out his game plan, which is a shame because our super smart players would have really shined under it.

What under performing players? Do you mean guys like Macca and Boyd, because I have previously said I believe his hands were tied there.

He does appear to have changed his plan, because we seem to go into games without a gameplan at all. I'm judging him purely on his performance for Brisbane in 2019. Its not good enough. If things change and we improve, i'll judge him on that and give him the credit he will deserve.

As for the under performing players, Macca and Boyd are two of them ( i could throw in Issako, Gillett, Turpin at 7, Oates, Milford at 1 ). I'm not really sure how his hands were tied. He is the head coach. Its on him if he keeps picking them. If he is bowing down to external factors and playing them ( which i just dont believe is true ), then i dont think much of him tbh as (a) he is just a puppet, and (b) he is compromising his reputation and even his morals by not being his own man.

He does appear to have changed his plan, because we seem to go into games without a gameplan at all. I'm judging him purely on his performance for Brisbane in 2019. Its not good enough. If things change and we improve, i'll judge him on that and give him the credit he will deserve.

As for the under performing players, Macca and Boyd are two of them ( i could throw in Issako, Gillett, Turpin at 7, Oates, Milford at 1 ). I'm not really sure how his hands were tied. He is the head coach. Its on him if he keeps picking them. If he is bowing down to external factors and playing them ( which i just dont believe is true ), then i dont think much of him tbh as (a) he is just a puppet, and (b) he is compromising his reputation and even his morals by not being his own man.

I agree that picking players out of position like Turpin was wrong and that is one of the things he needs to fix.

In terms of his hands being tied I believe the higher ups at the broncos have told him during the season he can’t drop Boyd and Macca.

See.., @Wolfie gets it

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Nerd
  • simplythebest
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • eggstar10
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mister Wright
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • LGH
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.