Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Anthony Seibold to face severe scrutiny for Brisbane’s season opener

MARCH 12, 2019

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said elsewhere, my only expectation at this stage is that we are competitive. IMHO anything plus is a bonus.

Last edited:
Broncos Set: 'This Is A Marathon - Not A Sprint'

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:45 AMvia Email
THE Broncos are under no illusions about the task they face in Melbourne tomorrow night but it will not define their season.
The coaching staff feel they are as prepared as they can be for the toughest road trip in the NRL.
"It's not just about round one - it's about the season in total," said head coach Anthony Seibold this morning.
"But we feel we have done enough to prepare for round one.
"I am a big believer in what you do at training transfers to game day.
"It is obviously going to be a big challenge in Melbourne, but we couldn't have prepared any better.
"We can take confidence in what we have done on the training paddock, so there are certainly no excuses from our end."
Seibold said it would take longer to gauge the true potential of the Broncos than just one match against the Storm.
He feels members and fans will have a better feel for that in a couple of months.
"We are under no illusions about the task at hand," he said.
"It is a good test for us, but it is a single game.
"The season is not a sprint, it is a marathon, and that is something I learned last year.
"Regardless of the performance or the result we have on Thursday night, it will not have (long-term) impact.
"After eight or ten weeks we will know where we stand as a team."

Active Now

• Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Astro
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.