Anyone watching the Green-Briggs fight?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Haven't seen any highlights but all I am reading on Twitter is that Briggs has taken a dive and thrown the fight. Can anyone confirm?????

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The bookies are fuming!!! Green was sensationally backed to win in a round 1 knockout, from $11 into $1.70!!!!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
fucking lol. good ol' boxing.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
wow just saw it, didn't even touch him. Send him to jail, thats piss poor.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw it as well. That is just disgraceful.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Wow, I have got to see this. Sounds like a massive dog.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
either there is something seriously wrong with him and the nsw commission were correct to not sanction the fight, but I reckon hes just thrown it. so so bad. Danny Green was PISSED

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:

Sports Tonight on One HD at 11.30. It will be on there.

Danny was angry alright!!!!

Apparently Briggs has gone to hospital, so like penny said either his head clearly wasn't right to fight, or there is something dodgy going on.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
ningnangnong said:

Sports Tonight on One HD at 11.30. It will be on there.

Sweet, shall check it out!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Just saw it. Briggs is a disgrace. That punch wouldn't have even taken down a four-year old girl!

That said, if he's truly got a head injury, why is he fighting?

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
"I hit Paul with a straight left which we practice probably a thousand times in training. Paul Briggs was hit on the soft part of the skull at the top of the head.”

Green who spent the press conference waving a DVD of the footage around, discussed what he saw on a slow motion replay and seemed to want to protect the image of boxing.

"I have viewed the vision this morning and slowed the footage down to an incredibly slow speed and I’m actually happy I did that, because when you slow it down you can see the blow that lands.

"To the naked eye it seems that he hasn’t been felled, but this actually proves that he has been felled by a legitimate blow to the head and actually a brain-stem injury has occurred where his head has gone that way, he has gone in, I’ve gone bang and he’s legitimately hurt.

"I don’t regret saying what I said, when you’re prepared for twelve rounds of war and you go in there putting your life on the line for the fans and the passionate fans of Australia, when you put your life on the line in the ring, which I do, it’s disappointing and very frustrating

"Looking at the footage now Paul Briggs would have reacted the same way if he was in my shoes."

LOL @ Danny Green.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He probably got told to take back what he said after the fight to save face for boxing. Pity that wont work

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
He probably got told to take back what he said after the fight to save face for boxing. Pity that wont work

Just shows a total lack of credibility. Disgraceful comments. He is essentially insulting people's intelligence expecting them to believe that rubbish.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
What a load of horseshit. Green rd. 1 KO firmed from $10 to $1.50 from Monday to Wednesday. Wednesday mornign they were took bets of 50k 20k and 10k.

Goes to show why boxing in this country is shithouse.

S

sforce

Aug 3, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else find it ironic that for years Green was saying of how Mundine is fighting no hopers and he would teach 'the man' how to fight etc - then Mundine smashed him and now Danny Green is busy fighting fighters who are well past their prime...

Who is fighting no hopers now?

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
sforce said:
Is it just me or does anyone else find it ironic that for years Green was saying of how Mundine is fighting no hopers and he would teach 'the man' how to fight etc - then Mundine smashed him and now Danny Green is busy fighting fighters who are well past their prime...

Mundine.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
fenomeno said:
sforce said:

Mundine.

[icon_lol1.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
sforce said:

Mundine is fighting guys who never had a prime.

Active Now

• Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Tim K
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.