Are Canberra The Real Deal?

14034892_1080300415356751_2776683771211410575_n.jpg

I heard Smith was accusing Canberra of giving away intentional penalties...

What a fucking hypocrite.

The Raiders pointing out his hypocrisy would be hypocritical given they themselves are hypocrites.

They are certainly up to their necks in it at the moment, but finals footy requires a certain amount of discipline ... which could prove their undoing, particularly with BJ and Rapana unable to control themselves at times.

I called it at the start of the season that they have a gun team. Austin and Sezer are quality and suit each other really well. Hodgson is arguably the 2nd best hooker. Jack Wighton is a very talented player, even if he does struggle at fullback sometimes. Their backs are great, with Rapana and BJ as standouts. Forward pack is quality too, with Paulo probably being the mid-year buy of the season, Papalii rediscovering his earlier form, Whitehead being a quality signing and younger guys like Tapine and Bateman playing very well for younger players.

I just question their defence and Ricky Stuart as a coach.

Yep. Jack Wighton played very well against the Cowboys. Made 2 brilliant cover tackles if I recall correctly. Was in hospital yesterday and for once didn't mind the wait as I got to watch Raiders v Storm game that I missed.

Yep. Jack Wighton played very well against the Cowboys. Made 2 brilliant cover tackles if I recall correctly. Was in hospital yesterday and for once didn't mind the wait as I got to watch Raiders v Storm game that I missed.
I'll say this for Wighton, his ability to dominate in a one on one tackle is superb.

nah, i just cant trust canberra - plus i don't think they've got players with enough big game experience, unlike Cronulla.

they'll fall in the semi's.

Has Austin really been the catalyst for their success this year though? Markedly quieter than last year.

Williams isn't a bad back up, all things considered. Solid all round game though doesn't quite have the big play in him like Goatee McDouchebag.

If they lost Hodgson they'd be in a spot of bother though.

Has Austin really been the catalyst for their success this year though? Markedly quieter than last year.

Williams isn't a bad back up, all things considered. Solid all round game though doesn't quite have the big play in him like Goatee McDouchebag.

If they lost Hodgson they'd be in a spot of bother though.

Yeah this. The loss of one, they can handle but both.....

Well they are certainly not the real deal now.

Exactly...people are kidding themselves if they don't think Austin is the reason the Raiders are winning.

The glimmer of hope in Ricky's eyes, just turned into a lonely tear trickling down his face

Bwhahaha ......:laugh:

It's certainly a blow, but as Rally Towel said, Josh Hodgson is their man.

They were winning without Austin and I'd dare say they'll still win without him.

If anything I think that Austin is probably one of the least important players of their core group.

Hodgson, Sezer, Wighton, Leilua, Rapana, Croker are all more valuable to the team in my eyes.

It's two weeks from the finals. This is one of the worst things that could happen for the team.

Have you seen his backup?

Raiders are fucked.

It also doesn't help with the combinations side of things..

Last edited:
Absolutely, I was just responding to this line...

XXXX said:
Exactly...people are kidding themselves if they don't think Austin is the reason the Raiders are winning.

Unbreakable said:
Hodgson, Sezer, Wighton, Leilua, Rapana, Croker are all more valuable to the team in my eyes.

There's an edge forward that goes alright as well...

This Raiders team reminds me of the 2009 Eels, albeit without a super star figure like Hayne... punching well above their weight.

They'll beat almost anyone on their day, but their ceiling is not as high as Storm, Cows or us, and one of these will be their demise.

Last edited:
This Raiders team reminds me of the 2009 Eels, albeit without a super star figure like Hayne... punching well above their weight.

They'll beat almost anyone on their day, but their ceiling is not as high as Storm, Cows or us, and one of these will be their demise.

They are a far better team then that Eels team from 2009.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Gympie devil
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.