ARLC 5 Year Plan and new NRL Logo

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
579054_10151217161064631_421274228_n.jpg

• An NRL Growth Fund will have made $200m available for investment in key projects;
• Club membership will reach 400,000;
• Rugby League social media platforms will engage 5.8m people;
• The average attendance at NRL games will increase to 20,000;
• 700,000 people will play in competitions;
• 1.8m people will be engaged in NRL community programs;
• 1.65m people will take part in Rugby League activities;
• 84% of all NRL players will be engaged in education or career training;
• Central revenue will have doubled to more than $300m.
Within the plan are key objectives and initiatives for the next five years including a commitment to providing first-class player conditions and career pathways; assistance programs for grassroots volunteers; a centralised development program; values-based codes of conduct across every level of the game; and a formal review of expansion options after the 2014 season.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/NRL Unveil Five-Year Game Plan and New Logo/65471

I don't know what gash means when referring to a logo, but I personally think it looks like shit. Like, really shit.

Also not a fan - find it hard to believe this was the best of all the designs they would been able to choose from.

Meh, logo's a logo. But my problem with it is it's green and gold, ie Australian. Kick in the pants to the NZ team in the competition!

It looks nice... If it was 1955.
Who designed the logo? How much did they get paid? Is there a vacant position? I want that job.

Seriously, that logo is balls, they should have went with something a lot more modern... The colours and just everything is horrible, why do they follow green/gold? it's not ARL, it's NRL...

Not sure what to think about the logo, but the goals, albeit daring, seem achievable.

Seems that the last nail in the CC Bears coffin is about to go in, if we're to believe in the medium term plans of the IC...

Meh, logo's a logo. But my problem with it is it's green and gold, ie Australian. Kick in the pants to the NZ team in the competition!

This is the Australian logo. The Kiwis have their own version - black and grey minus the southern cross - to be worn by the Warriors, under 6s and those in between.

This is the Australian logo. The Kiwis have their own version - black and grey minus the southern cross - to be worn by the Warriors, under 6s and those in between.

Which is just rubbish! Why would you have separate logos when you're trying to show a unified game? It's a massive face palm.

After watching the brand video I actually like it more. It basically is just a copy of the NFL logo but replacing American things with Australian things. No-one will really care what it looks like when the season starts.

I do however, want to see the ones that didn't make it. It would be interesting to see what got knocked back.

Is the strategy published for public consumption - so far what the media have reported are nice goals, but how will it be done.

Can I be a logo designer too?

Can I be a logo designer too?

Was the significance of the Qld logo still incorporating its old Q symbol lost on anyone?

The News Limited v ARL feud might be dead with the ARLC, but the chip on the QRL shoulder seems to live on.

Last edited:

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.